IGNORED

Taylor made...

glastonred

4 minutes ago, Peter Coles said:

Thought he had a good game most of his past games have been out of position. WHY DO WE ONLY GET ON TH E BACKS OF CERTAIN PLAYERS. I think he gives his best for the shirt and doesn't often take a step back, he's young and will come good .

I think there is potential there. I didn't rate the younger Louis Carey all that much but he certainly came good in the end. Given that we've already tried to offload him, I'm not sure he'll be given the time here.

To many people crucifying someone who is still a young centre half. There are very experienced players at this club making mistakes week in week out yet rarely get a mention, Jack Hunt, Mawson, Patterson and Kalas, all of whom have made costly mistakes this season or who don't play with half the heart Moore does. Like a good few on here I have a strong feeling that he will become a very good central defender for us or if we continue to bash a young player for another club. 

1 hour ago, Roadrunner said:

Play him in the right position, let him have a long run in the team in that position, and lot of you on here will have to eat humble pie. As you can see i have a lot of faith and hope in TM.

i agree with you i think there is a top player in there given the chance,when you have a bad spell you can cry about it or roll your sleeves up and learn from it which he will do given time.the lad has the right attitude and who knows could be are next shaun taylor.i say that with me tin hat on

19 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

I agree, I like Moore he reads the game well, has pace and not afraid to stand up a cover other positions when asked. 

Yes has made mistakes, but so has Kallas in the last couple of games before today, but that does not get mentioned.

But a few on here have a downer on him and will never accept he might be OK

I like it that he will bring the ball out at his feet rather than just hoofing if forward.

29 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

We have an immense pool of talent at this club but I fear that the coaches are not good enough to get the best out of them. 

It’s like an old lady winning a Ferrari and then driving everywhere at thirty miles an hour . 

You won a Ferrari ?

Had a good game tonight, we all saw that. Good season so far, most of us can see that. 

One misguided poster (2015)  made some laughable comment about league 1 at best for TM. Do you know anything about league 1 and how inferior it is in defensive standard to the Championship where TM is already playing? If not, I suggest you watch the gas, if you don't already(!!)  and start to appreciate he played against Prem players last night. 

Really! some people just can't credit anything about BRISTOL CITY or our players when they bash the keyboards on this forum

If it's Moore vs Towler for a left centre back spot who would you pick? If it's not Taylor Moore, if you even had to think about it, think about why. One's a local lad, 18, one's a signing who's 23. A 23 year old who's not getting better, who's currently a back up level player... that's a progress blocker. People on here who like young players over signings are going to have to start weighing the development of Moore vs the development of Towler. Who gets the minutes, who is worth investing in?

If we paid for a 23 year old CB with 100+ lower league appearances, who played like Taylor Moore does, we'd be close to putting him in the same category as Eisa, Adelakun, Szmodics, as a failed cheap punt, except Taylor... wouldn't make the money back roughly like Szmodics and Eisa did. We'd complain about signing average players instead of giving youth a chance. I think he gets judged very differently by some on here as he's been here a while. He cost a fee, he's not an academy player, he's not that young anymore. Adam Webster joined us at 23 and had less career appearances than Taylor does now when he joined.

If Holden was right in his assessment that Taylor was a starting championship level centre half who could play across the back three (evidence is he started him, and played him at LCB) then it was a great move to get his new contract alongside with Vyner's done at the time we did. He wasn't so far.

We saw the same error type he can't stop making against Sheff U, that processing error, that lack of concentration, that half second delay where someone takes it off his feet in the box because he's not aware, he's on his heels, and it should be a goal. His general play was fine, it usually is... but there's no sign he's fixed his biggest problem IMO. He has all the tools, at some point he needs to perform.

Give him a chance! give him a chance! Well he's got another one thanks to injury, how about go a single game without a massive processing/concentration error? He has to put together full games. Other CBs make mistakes, but not every game, and not the same one. I'm not expecting any player to be perfect, but Vyner progressed, Moore hasn't. Yet. Hope he does. It only benefits City if he does.

@Prinnynot an easy one to answer.  I haven’t seen enough of Towler, let alone in the first team, let alone at LCB in any team to be able to really give a confident answer.

Would everyone be raving about Towler had Bogle headed home 1st half, or had Brewster side-footed home (rather than gone too early) in the second?  Don’t get me wrong, for a debut it was encouraging and he got better as he adjusted to the game..

We don’t know how his body has reacted to 90 minutes against a PL team either.  Could be stiff as a board!

Playing LWB is far less risky a position than LCB also.

Personally, I don’t think Towler will be in the reckoning for LCB tomorrow, because we actually need a LWB too.

Ideally I’d play Kalas as LCB, Moore CCB and Vyner RCB and tell them to “sort their shit out” and play like their lives depended on it and see no repeat of Norwich City (h).

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

@Prinnynot an easy one to answer.  I haven’t seen enough of Towler, let alone in the first team, let alone at LCB in any team to be able to really give a confident answer.

Would everyone be raving about Towler had Bogle headed home 1st half, or had Brewster side-footed home (rather than gone too early) in the second?  Don’t get me wrong, for a debut it was encouraging and he got better as he adjusted to the game..

We don’t know how his body has reacted to 90 minutes against a PL team either.  Could be stiff as a board!

Playing LWB is far less risky a position than LCB also.

Personally, I don’t think Towler will be in the reckoning for LCB tomorrow, because we actually need a LWB too.

Ideally I’d play Kalas as LCB, Moore CCB and Vyner RCB and tell them to “sort their shit out” and play like their lives depended on it and see no repeat of Norwich City (h).

Absolutely right to bring up the Towler incidents. I have to use the same logic for him as Moore. If you make an error and it's not a goal, it's still the same weight of error.

We don't have to answer the Towler vs Moore question juuust yet, but once we get one of the 15 injured left backs available, then the chatter is going to start if Moore doesn't improve.

The fact Kalas has played LCB in a two, but has never been put there in a three, even to try it, is really interesting. I REALLY wonder why that is.

5 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Absolutely right to bring up the Towler incidents. I have to use the same logic for him as Moore. If you make an error and it's not a goal, it's still the same weight of error.

that doesn’t suit agendas though! ?

We don't have to answer the Towler vs Moore question juuust yet, but once we get one of the 15 injured left backs available, then the chatter is going to start if Moore doesn't improve.

Maybe we just select Towler Moore!  

The fact Kalas has played LCB in a two, but has never been put there in a three, even to try it, is really interesting. I REALLY wonder why that is.

I think there is a view that as captain / senior he plays central, but I’d like to see him LCB once just to check him out.

⬆️⬆️⬆️

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

⬆️⬆️⬆️

My agenda is wanting the team to do well.

If you're allowing ego/respect/personality to dictate how to set the team up rather than what's the best for the team, that's a big problem IMO.

If Kalas is a team first, lead by example, wants the best for the club guy, he'd be happy to take on the challenge, and look bad to help the team... riiiiiiiight?

Hey maybe it's been done in training and it was so bad  that genuinely the best options at the time were Moore and Mariappa...

1 hour ago, Prinny said:

My agenda is wanting the team to do well.

If you're allowing ego/respect/personality to dictate how to set the team up rather than what's the best for the team, that's a big problem IMO.

If Kalas is a team first, lead by example, wants the best for the club guy, he'd be happy to take on the challenge, and look bad to help the team... riiiiiiiight?

Hey maybe it's been done in training and it was so bad  that genuinely the best options at the time were Moore and Mariappa...

I wasn’t referring to you.

Great debate abkutytwo City youngsters and much better read than the nonsense on this forum about how well MA does with transfers. We must be top of the league (Championship) for developing our own players which wilm probably be more important than league points when the real impact of Covid is appreciated later this year. 

Well done boys! 

3 hours ago, Prinny said:

If it's Moore vs Towler for a left centre back spot who would you pick? If it's not Taylor Moore, if you even had to think about it, think about why. One's a local lad, 18, one's a signing who's 23. A 23 year old who's not getting better, who's currently a back up level player... that's a progress blocker. People on here who like young players over signings are going to have to start weighing the development of Moore vs the development of Towler. Who gets the minutes, who is worth investing in?

If we paid for a 23 year old CB with 100+ lower league appearances, who played like Taylor Moore does, we'd be close to putting him in the same category as Eisa, Adelakun, Szmodics, as a failed cheap punt, except Taylor... wouldn't make the money back roughly like Szmodics and Eisa did. We'd complain about signing average players instead of giving youth a chance. I think he gets judged very differently by some on here as he's been here a while. He cost a fee, he's not an academy player, he's not that young anymore. Adam Webster joined us at 23 and had less career appearances than Taylor does now when he joined.

If Holden was right in his assessment that Taylor was a starting championship level centre half who could play across the back three (evidence is he started him, and played him at LCB) then it was a great move to get his new contract alongside with Vyner's done at the time we did. He wasn't so far.

We saw the same error type he can't stop making against Sheff U, that processing error, that lack of concentration, that half second delay where someone takes it off his feet in the box because he's not aware, he's on his heels, and it should be a goal. His general play was fine, it usually is... but there's no sign he's fixed his biggest problem IMO. He has all the tools, at some point he needs to perform.

Give him a chance! give him a chance! Well he's got another one thanks to injury, how about go a single game without a massive processing/concentration error? He has to put together full games. Other CBs make mistakes, but not every game, and not the same one. I'm not expecting any player to be perfect, but Vyner progressed, Moore hasn't. Yet. Hope he does. It only benefits City if he does.

Harsh again I think on taylor  Moore. I agree still got a lot to learn but watch kalas and mawson and see how many mistakes they make especially  over last few weeks.

Archived