IGNORED

"We'll get value by playing him", really?

headhunter

56 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Numerous games , and periods , throughout his time here when his ‘heart doesn’t look in it’

The current one just another

Agree, going through the motions, like other spells since he’s been here.  Bloody frustrating.  I really don’t buy the “Knowle” stuff.

54 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

I reckon he’s just tired. 

Doesn’t strike me as the sort of player to down tools. 8 games in a row. Probs needs a game off.

⬆️⬆️⬆️

35 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

Fam doesn't strike me as the type to not put the effort in. 

Much more likely to be as a result of having covid IMO, and now suffering from fatigue. 

Being very rude, apologies, I don’t think you are watching him close enough then.  He’s had the best part of 4 1/2 games ambling around, going through the motions.

The “value staying here” comment from Ashton will hopefully be Ashton’s noose around his own career neck!

I personally probably wouldn’t start him. He’s not happy to commit to the club, which is absolutely fine, that’s his decision, no problem. But we do have players that will be here next season. Still use him, but as an impact sub if required. Give Bell a chance if you want to play 2 up top or get two 10’s in behind a one up top.  I’ve always said that playing regularly, Fam is a 15 - 20 goals a season striker. So I see what he brings, but if he won’t commit, let’s look at other options., rather than watching an option that probably won’t be here next season & at the very least, looks like he needs rejuvenating. COYR 

8 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Even though he looks disinterested, he still contribtes more than Wells and provides the most likely source of goals out of the whole squad so it makes sense to playhim.  Unless he has signed a pre-contract agreement he will still want to be playing well...

Does he?  Not convinced myself

Fam has always been a player who plays his best when fully motivated, especially when his place is under threat. Given Chris Martin is out and Wells and Semenyo struggling to score he thinks his place in the team is safe at the moment so has lost his edge. Also, as others have pointed out, during the transfer window he was in the shop window and could have benefited financially by playing well. I don't think he does it intentionally, it's just the way he is.

17 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

I was thinking more of ‘since he’s been here ‘ 

He’s not changed since he arrived 

The Diedhiou problem - Football Chat - One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums (otib.co.uk)

The player did not have the ability for high pressing high tempo (busy bees) football. Bristol City changed its football for him.

For seasons he has been putting in performances like last night, last week.

Reminds a bit of a couple of years ago when the wheels fell off our promotion push, it later came out that players had offers and their heads turned in the Jan transfer window and you could see they were then just going thru the motions

Perhaps a move was lined up, maybe the Middlesbrough that was talked about with nice big pay rise and now he is thinking, don't want to be here, don'e want to get injured I am off soon.

If you get players with poor attitudes is not long before its rubbing off on the rest of the team, and between Fam & wells its not good.

Interesting when the club were rumoured to be selling  him the number of people on this site saying give him a new contract, madness to sell him, blah blah, The same people who now say he’s pants! My motto would be always to sell any player if a really good offer comes in for then as rarely players at our level have a repeat good season? 

MA saying that we’ll get value out of Fam came on SLs advice and a fairly transparent move at expressing indifference to Fam and his agent that despite the club offering Fam to be our highest paid player ever he can leave when his contract expires. 

A bit like playing a poker hand - bluff and counter bluff.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Does he?  Not convinced myself

Yeah, I don't think this is right either. Fams a decent striker in right team but I'm amazed at the 'Ashton you fool, offer him whatever he wants' comments you get after every time he scores. Think it's time to move on. Hope he gets a really good move and plays in a team where he can smash it. He's big good player for us. But I honestly think it's better to have him as impact sub for a while and focus on working out how to get the best out of Wells, Semenyo and the youth strikers. 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

MA saying that we’ll get value out of Fam came on SLs advice and a fairly transparent move at expressing indifference to Fam and his agent that despite the club offering Fam to be our highest paid player ever he can leave when his contract expires. 

A bit like playing a poker hand - bluff and counter bluff.

The trouble is we're only holding a pair of 3's !

4 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

He's had three poor games on the spin now. I would seriously put Semenyo or Bell up there on Saturday to make a point.

Yea those boys been tearing it up in the goal scoring department. That Famara done nothing all season, never scores or tried or defends for us. Fan's are so fickle, you lot will be sucking him off again saying how much he brings to the team if he gets a few goals in the next couple of games. Don't bother calling out the other 10 players that contribute to us losing every week.

Just now, collier said:

Yea those boys been tearing it up in the goal scoring department. That Famara done nothing all season, never scores or tried or defends for us. Fan's are so fickle, you lot will be sucking him off again saying how much he brings to the team if he gets a few goals in the next couple of games. Don't bother calling out the other 10 players that contribute to us losing every week.

Dropping him to the bench for a game or two in my opinion would do him good. I completely agree he has been scoring goals until recently and doing the good defensive stuff down the other end. However he has had three very poor games on the spin and that warrants being benched in my view. How long do you give him? There has to be a cut off point somewhere and for me if you don't do it for three games in a row then someone else should get the shirt and see what they can do. Otherwise you get a situation where a player can play how they like, try as hard or as little as they like and know they are in the team next week.

So, what has sucking a blokes cock got to do with anything?

6 minutes ago, collier said:

Whereas some believe that he’s actually , and has been , integral to our dour football and stalling progression since he was signed

You keep sucking

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Dropping him to the bench for a game or two in my opinion would do him good. I completely agree he has been scoring goals until recently and doing the good defensive stuff down the other end. However he has had three very poor games on the spin and that warrants being benched in my view. How long do you give him? There has to be a cut off point somewhere and for me if you don't do it for three games in a row then someone else should get the shirt and see what they can do. Otherwise you get a situation where a player can play how they like, try as hard or as little as they like and know they are in the team next week.

So, what has sucking a blokes cock got to do with anything?

I don't see 10 other thread's about the other 10 players that have had bad games all season long. Famara gets one after every game unless he scores regardless of what he does on the pitch. Just because he has a low amount of time left on his contract everyone jumps on the bandwagon every week. The guy has done wonders up front for us over his time here, he has scored countless goals and saved plenty at the other end in a team that creates nothing, cut him some slack instead of piling on because he is the easy target.

Your advocating dropping our top scorer for the last 3 season's for a kid with less than 90 minutes game time and Semenyo who has played all season and has yet to score a league goal.  

Archived