IGNORED

Kasey Palmer

Shuffle

My issue with him is that when he plays centrally he always seems to want to go backwards so that he is looking forward for the pass, if that makes sense. The trouble with that is that it gives the oppo time to get more men behind the ball.

I’d like to see him play almost as a striker with his back to goal. He has a great touch, is strong and can pick a pass to play others in, all things you would want from a forward. He could almost be a more mobile (if less bullying) Martin type of striker.

2 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Palmer and Lansbury as wing backs ?

2 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Wouldn't we get murdered down the wings though?

I wouldn't play wing backs.

Three defenders and three DMs in Nagy, Williams and Massengo dropping deep centrally when defending.

Vyner and whoever plays the left sided Defender would go widest of the 5 when defending, then narrow when offensive.

8 hours ago, Shuffle said:

Started 5 games in a row which included 3 wins and seems to be scapegoat after Derby and reduced to bit part role again.  Play him as a 10 in a 3-5-2 & if he fails in his best position after a run of games in his then we know that we need to try and off load.  I’m not saying he’s the messiah but just get frustrated that he seems the first one dropped.  We certainly haven’t improved since he’s been out of side and he equally needs to learn when and where to play and appreciate he can frustrate but he can beat a player and pass.  

Am I in minority or do people feel he’s had enough chances and isn’t the answer?

Where do you stand on Massengo who was excellent in last two games despite being played out of position?

14 minutes ago, redrob said:

Where do you stand on Massengo who was excellent in last two games despite being played out of position?

Well I think he should start on Saturday but another who finds himself on the easier to drop list! Holden preaches about possession of the sort & yours to lose but doesn’t practice it with everyone.

I suppose MF is the one area we are blessed with options but it seems others are persevered with more than others. 

3 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Well I think he should start on Saturday but another who finds himself on the easier to drop list! Holden preaches about possession of the sort & yours to lose but doesn’t practice it with everyone.

I suppose MF is the one area we are blessed with options but it seems others are persevered with more than others. 

From an injury and Covid perspective yes, we have been lucky to have so many midfield options.

However, while DH has been dealt the worst possible hand, when it comes to player availability ( or lack of) it seems that when struggling for results and searching for performance, he has too often fallen into the LJ trap of chopping and changing personnel. When this is the case then being blessed with many options is definitely not a good thing.

I think Im right in saying that we struck a decent vein of form under LJ when injuries and suspensions left him few selection options , so he could not then make changes from one game to the next and had to keep an unchanged team.

Archived