IGNORED

Holden - sack or keep?

Major Isewater

Holden - sack or keep?   

647 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

If DH did go (unlikely), Ashton would just go for the cheap option (again) and promote one of the coaches.

They couldn’t do that again could they? Surely not but anything is possible at this club..!

As @Kid in the Riot has said i think Mark Robbins would be a good appointment at the end of the season and ticks most of the boxes. Again though the worry for me would be will he buy into our current structure, I genuinely believe any decent experienced manager who has been about a bit would not want to work under Mark Ashton.

3 minutes ago, bris red said:

They couldn’t do that again could they? Surely not but anything is possible at this club..!

As @Kid in the Riot has said i think Mark Robbins would be a good appointment at the end of the season and ticks most of the boxes. Again though the worry for me would be will he buy into our current structure, I genuinely believe any decent experienced manager who has been about a bit would not want to work under Mark Ashton.

I can’t help it, but every time I see Robins he looks like he could be SL’s son.  More than Jon or Lee do!

F04D44A6-89F3-43E8-8CAC-17572C1EDB9A.jpeg.bc06c9134ffcb77157b02e1691f3d7c1.jpeg

8 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Hooray! Someone else recognising that we should have appointed Tisdale first instead of LJ and then ahead of DH and I posted just this each time.

Maybe third time lucky.

When Tisdale began Managing Exeter and had some success, some posters on this very forum "predicted" he'd, in time, be given the City job.

9 hours ago, Negan said:

It's actually mental that Bristol f*****g rovers have a better manager than us. Would happily swap with them right now. Still backing Holden but I pray to god the 12 month contract is it, didn't deserve the job to begin with and from the performances we've seen, doesn't deserve to keep it. Needs to step up over the next 6 weeks and prove he's the man for the job, otherwise we should let him see out the contract and begin the recruitment search ready for someone to take over at the end of the season. Howe or Bilic being the ideal replacement. Might sound harsh and sudden but if we want to make it to the prem we have to do it ASAP before we turn stale and have a bad season. Have a feeling next seasons championship will be even more wide open than this one, should we lose Norwich, Bournemouth and Watford, which seems likely, and gain Sheffield United, West Brom and Fulham, again likely, then id fancy our chances more for next season than this, should we have a proper manager in place that is.. 

Bilic and Howe are going to be back in work sooner than we have a vacancy I would think, especially the former.

9 hours ago, phantom said:

Too much Christmas sherry? 

Did you work for The Sun creating nonsense stories for attention? 

I don’t know have you had too much Christmas sherry? 

I have way too much class for the Sun.

I created nothing but a light hearted debate , with not too little semblance of chance that it could just come to pass

If Tisdale starts pulling up trees at the Mem can anyone really say that he isn’t the sort of coach that Uncle Steve would seriously consider for our club? 

Young, hungry, ambitious, media friendly, ex-City and would put the Gas in their place( again) .

I am not saying that I want a change or that I would want Tisdale but it is not that far fetched to think that he could be on our radar. 

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I don’t know have you had too much Christmas sherry? 

I have way too much class for the Sun.

I created nothing but a light hearted debate , with not too little semblance of chance that it could just come to pass

If Tisdale starts pulling up trees at the Mem can anyone really say that he isn’t the sort of coach that Uncle Steve would seriously consider for our club? 

Young, hungry, ambitious, media friendly, ex-City and would put the Gas in their place( again) .

I am not saying that I want a change or that I would want Tisdale but it is not that far fetched to think that he could be on our radar. 

Perhaps he could bring Ben Garner out of his retirement as his ASSistant. Can't believe people are suggesting looking at the current manager of the Gas. He's only won two games for them.

16 hours ago, marcofisher said:

I still think if we want to continue with this framework after Holden, Howe is the ideal candidate.

Nah, we don’t go for successful, proven guys at this level - I reckon Tinnion may be in the frame again when we  bin Holden ... and if so, I’d be right behind him ... but why do we never go for gaffers with a track record??!

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Nah, we don’t go for successful, proven guys at this level - I reckon Tinnion may be in the frame again when we  bin Holden ... and if so, I’d be right behind him ... but why do we never go for gaffers with a track record??!

Not the "trust me on Tinnion" again :w00t: and we dont go for gaffers with a track record because; they are expensive, have minds of their own, wouldnt like being told what to do by SL AND MA, and would want to manage their own way not the SL/MA way. No "name" managers here please, puppets only required.

This is what i think will happen.

Not just saying this cause its rovers, plymouth, shrewsbury, and swindon, have better players.

I think they could get a few points this month.

I predict rovers go on a terrible run now, they sack him with 8 games left, bring in another nobody then go down.

I really cant see them being out the bottom 6 in march.

I would rather us go with a foreign manager to be honest. Think good English managers are few and far between. I just get the impression a lot of our coaches are a bit behind the times tactically. 

Would be nice for us to have a little bit of a more imaginative appointment in the future. All our appointments seem to be very boring and predictable. 

Someone like the FC Bodo/Glimt manager who won the Norwegian league by playing exciting attacking football with a small club. 

18 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Would Tins want it do you think? He seems to be thoroughly enjoying what he does now and I`ve never heard him express any desire to go back into management - and FWIW I don`t think he should, it nearly broke him last time.

10 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Would Tins want it do you think? He seems to be thoroughly enjoying what he does now and I`ve never heard him express any desire to go back into management - and FWIW I don`t think he should, it nearly broke him last time.

Really like the bloke but he's definitely not a manager. Still have nightmares of that 7-1 loss to Swansea now!

The only good thing about tonight is

We lose here

Then we lose to Wycombe at home

The board has to get rid of the manager

They took a pathetic cheap option, and it is not working like most fans new would happen

We have had many wins this season which we did not deserve

The honeymoon period is over

His excuse is, we have lots of injuries

BULL! Other teams have injuries and the chances at goal has been a total joke, playing across the back 75o/o of the time and hoofing the ball forward to the opponents 

Lets hope when we fail again against Wycombe, the board will realise what a total mistake they made with the choice of manager

His post interviews are a joke praising the opponents all the time

Like LJ its his team his tactics, so stop complaining about injuries that every other team have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Admin
1 minute ago, Bassomylord said:

Holden won't be afforded the same luxury. Club invested heavily in LJ no way will they have same loyalty with Holden. Stop gap option hence the length of contract.

I don't know why people keep referring to his contract. 

He's on a rolling year contract, you do realise that means it has no end date and is constantly rolling? 

Just means when he gets released he has a years notice 

Archived