IGNORED

Holden - sack or keep?

Major Isewater

Holden - sack or keep?   

647 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 11/02/2021 at 09:52, Dolman_Stand said:

If we were sat in 10th place but playing attractive football I don't think there would be the current level of outcry but sadly we are going backwards and fast in both league position and performance level. Holden's issue is that he doesn't have the same credit in the bank as LJ did, he hasn't kept us up when we look doomed to relegation, he hasn't taken us on a Semi-FInal cup run, he hasn't produced the fantastic football we saw in 2017 that LJ did, nor does his family have the same relationship with the Lansdowns as the Johnsons do so it will be far easier for the hierachy to be ruthless on this one.

Fingers crossed he will be gone soon! 

Just a reminder of what Mark Ashton said when Holden was appointed:

City chief executive Mark Ashton praised Holden and said: 'We are delighted to announce Dean as Bristol City's head coach. We undertook a rigorous recruitment process and, while that rightly took time because of how important it was, we believe we have made the correct decisions about the head coach and the coaching structure.'

'Dean has a clear vision of how he wants to take us forward and we believe that, along with the addition of Keith and Paul, we will have a coaching team that can deliver that vision. Everyone involved with the club should be excited about this next chapter for Bristol City.'

What absolute horse shit. 

Holden out but more importantly ASHTON OUT.

I can’t see the club giving Holden too much more time.

100% of ticket money is from match passes this season, making it far easier for people including STH (usually a guaranteed income) to pick and choose, making it more important that you have the entertainment factor.

3 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Just a reminder of what Mark Ashton said when Holden was appointed:

City chief executive Mark Ashton praised Holden and said: 'We are delighted to announce Dean as Bristol City's head coach. We undertook a rigorous recruitment process and, while that rightly took time because of how important it was, we believe we have made the correct decisions about the head coach and the coaching structure.'

'Dean has a clear vision of how he wants to take us forward and we believe that, along with the addition of Keith and Paul, we will have a coaching team that can deliver that vision. Everyone involved with the club should be excited about this next chapter for Bristol City.'

What absolute horse shit. 

Holden out but more importantly ASHTON OUT.

The thing that is pissing me off . It’s not Dean Holden he should of never got the job. It’s Ashton and the influence he has . He will interview the next manager/head coach or whatever the **** it is . Ashton really needs to get out of our club. And the longer he stays the more respect I lose for SL. 

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

The thing that is pissing me off . It’s not Dean Holden he should of never got the job. It’s Ashton and the influence he has . He will interview the next manager/head coach or whatever the **** it is . Ashton really needs to get out of our club. And the longer he stays the more respect I lose for SL. 

This.

Which is why for me he has to go, I've no faith whatsoever that if Holden was sacked tonight we'd make the right replacement. 

6 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Exactly, no point in getting rid of Holden if Ashton is the one making the next appointment!

I don't trust him to select our next great Human being

Wouldn’t that be ironic?

Tinnion the expert summariser. 

Watford hammer the Robins.

Deano is last seen sitting mournfully on the bench as the last man out - might it be Mark - turns out the lights.

Deano repeats Brian. And goes......

Wishful thinking?

Hang on though. All’s good. Halftime and Joe wants us to buy a shirt. And slam dunk. It’s the Flyers....

In Lansdown we trust?

6 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

You are spot on mate.

15 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Sadly everything we expected has come true just taken a little longer then expected, Lansdown and car Crashton are as much to blame the cheap option has proved to be the wrong option let's just hope we can get to 48 points quickly because we are sinking fast 

I just can’t see how Holden can continue in his position, the gamble hasn’t worked and the club need to have the balls to admit they messed up and now bring in someone with experience and the ability to motivate and organise a team that will compete because this is a shower of ****

Archived