IGNORED

Holden - sack or keep?

Major Isewater

Holden - sack or keep?   

647 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, Capman said:

Dear oh dear do we have to go through this after every match where we do not win. Let’s be clear about something. Holden will get some time unless city look in serious danger of going down. It’s pointless going on about it week after week and while moaning about him might make people feel better it will not make any difference. 

He is trying to change the way they play and we will not know how successful he has been for a while yet. 

There are plenty of managers who have taken a while to get things the way they want. Ferguson at Manchester United probably being the most obvious example. 

I suspect that the supporters of most teams would have come away from that match Monday moaning about the ref rather than their own manager and players. 

No not really - we probably just have to put up with it every 4 out of 5 games. Shame we can't just put up and shut up.  

6 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Cor blimey...after  the first 5 games he was the messiah...  he was a ‘champ manager,’ now, after this last run of games he’s the ‘chump’ ..... best go and all this malarkey. 

The fact the starting eleven tonight would have no resemblance to the team he would put out if we were not decimated by injuries to most of the starters is forgotten. 
wait and see second half season as players return...then judge. 

I wouldn't say that's true at all

13 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Cor blimey...after  the first 5 games he was the messiah...  he was a ‘champ manager,’ now, after this last run of games he’s the ‘chump’ ..... best go and all this malarkey. 

The fact the starting eleven tonight would have no resemblance to the team he would put out if we were not decimated by injuries to most of the starters is forgotten. 
wait and see second half season as players return...then judge. 

You writing this on the coach, on your way back, Dean 

The football is not good, the entertainment is even worse.

But, DH deserves time to get his best team out on the pitch, he’s only had the job for a few months, surely he deserves our support until all the injuries clear up. 
Personally I was shocked he was given the job, but no one can blame him for taking it, he deserves time imo.

1 minute ago, M.D said:

No it was the 'lets be clear about something' comment, no offence of course 

Fair enough, sorry got into a bit of management speak. Been a long week. I just get frustrated that we always seem to be on the back of the team. Feels the opposite of ‘support’ I understand the frustration and agree it’s not been good enough. But Holden will be trying and should, in my view, get time.

He would not have been my choice from the outside but he must have impressed at interview. So let’s give him a decent chance to turn the team round. I think it is far too early for some of the stuff on here. 

5 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

Difficult to judge him at the mo.  Having ten players out whilst having to play 3 games in 6 or 7 days isn’t going to show us what he can do.  It’s about trying to get through it

whats a new manager going to do , click his fingers and make our first choice players available ?

The injuries i accept is hampering us (although all teams have long injury lists right now). However this excuse of the amount of games we are playing I do not buy. Every team we face has just as tough a schedule as us and they are still beating us. 

1 minute ago, Capman said:

Fair enough, sorry got into a bit of management speak. Been a long week. I just get frustrated that we always seem to be on the back of the team. Feels the opposite of ‘support’ I understand the frustration and agree it’s not been good enough. But Holden will be trying and should, in my view, get time.

He would not have been my choice from the outside but he must have impressed at interview. So let’s give him a decent chance to turn the team round. I think it is far too early for some of the stuff on here. 

Yeah I see that and I want DH to do well, but the football is shocking and we are going backwards again. He should never have been given the job in the first place IMHO

1 minute ago, M.D said:

Yeah I see that and I want DH to do well, but the football is shocking and we are going backwards again. He should never have been given the job in the first place IMHO

Have sympathy with that. I agree we seem to be going backwards and was surprised by his appointment. But to be fair we don’t see all that is happening on the inside and the club will have had reasons (probably good ones given SL’s background). My only point is we are where we are and Holden will get time. 

Given that, the endless posts on here are not helping the team. They are just putting more pressure on. 

Zero points and zero goals against Rotherham, Millwall and Preston is pretty alarming. All 3 of those teams have been in dire form themselves and we’ve barely landed a punch on any of them.

You can say we’ve been unfortunate with injuries but I can’t accept that. I’m not Holden out as he’s been dealt with a bad hand, but christ I’m expecting a bit more than what we’re currently getting! 

Even our wins have been tough to watch.

4 minutes ago, Capman said:

Have sympathy with that. I agree we seem to be going backwards and was surprised by his appointment. But to be fair we don’t see all that is happening on the inside and the club will have had reasons (probably good ones given SL’s background). My only point is we are where we are and Holden will get time. 

Given that, the endless posts on here are not helping the team. They are just putting more pressure on. 

Agree mate

Archived