IGNORED

Have you ever thrown up at the football?

Shtanley

New episode of OSIB is out. Paul and Jamie join me to mull over our FA Cup exit.

What did we make of Towler?

How interested is Nahki Wells?

We also have a new segment, Bristol Sicky. Inspired by Alex Smithies episode last weekend. The listeners send in anecdotes about vomiting at Ashton Gate or at an away match.

Listen Here

I have. In 1982. Semifinal in the UEFA-Cup between IFK Gothenburg and Valencia (2-0). In the stand before the game. 50 108 people in the stadium and no chance of getting to the toilet. I had bought a souvenir and luckily got a plastic bag. Throw up in the plastic bag and stod there with it all first half. Got some more space around me though :help:   

56 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

I have. In 1982. Semifinal in the UEFA-Cup between IFK Gothenburg and Valencia (2-0). In the stand before the game. 50 108 people in the stadium and no chance of getting to the toilet. I had bought a souvenir and luckily got a plastic bag. Throw up in the plastic bag and stod there with it all first half. Got some more space around me though :help:   

To much aquavit Tom ?

I haven't but at the Bristol v Saracens game a couple of years ago at the Gate there was a stag do with the stag dressed as a bride.  He was paralytic at kick off and lasted about 5 minutes before chundering all over about  6 seats at the back of the Dolman before collapsing on the floor.  I've never seen so much puke down to one person.  His mates all thought it was hilarious obviously but about 10 minutes later the medics were taking him to hospital.  God knows what they gave him to drink but he was not a well person.

1974, aged 14 and been ill all week with a touch off flu. Got to the weekend and nothing would stop me going to football.
City were home to Sunderland, 1-0 down and I hovered around the front of the East End feeling a bit dodgy. Waited until City equalised, managed about 80 minutes , puked twice and had to leave. At least I saw the goal as well as my lunch.

1 hour ago, The Bard said:

I haven't but at the Bristol v Saracens game a couple of years ago at the Gate there was a stag do with the stag dressed as a bride.  He was paralytic at kick off and lasted about 5 minutes before chundering all over about  6 seats at the back of the Dolman before collapsing on the floor.  I've never seen so much puke down to one person.  His mates all thought it was hilarious obviously but about 10 minutes later the medics were taking him to hospital.  God knows what they gave him to drink but he was not a well person.

Rugby lads,eh? What are they like?

Quick! Someone drink piss from a sock!

1 hour ago, MC RISK77 said:

Hated playing up their in winter, my hamstrings used to feel tight at cold winter games up lansdown

Yes, freezing cold and cramped changing rooms, Arctic winds, rock hard pitches. Always preferred games at odd down but they were few and far between. 

Yes, the last home game of the 1983/84 season against Swindon. I was only 10 at the time and hadn't missed a game all season. I was feeling ill that morning and my dad asked me if I still wanted to go. It was a big game and a chance of winning promotion that day, so there was no way I was going to miss it. I was feeling rough, but all went well during the game and Howard Pritchard scored the winner. At the final whistle everyone made their way to the pitch to wait for the scores from elsewhere over the tannoy. We were in the Dolman and I'd never been on the pitch so wanted to get down there. We got halfway down the steps above the little snack bar window and the bug I had decided it was going to make a quick exit, there and then.

I did get onto the pitch in the end, but I can still remember all the grown ups telling my dad, it must be down to the excitement! I caught the bug that season and I guess it's never left.

Some years ago, an away game at Sheff Weds, seem to remember bitterly cold, stopped for food on way up then into the ground, average game, we scored late on...can't remember the score but mate had moved progressively backwards in the stand to get to the very back row, he had gone completely green in the face then promptly projectile vomited over the empty seats. Needless to say, he was v quiet ie: asleep on the drive back. He blamed it on BK Whopper at services - jury still out on that one!

23 hours ago, Shtanley said:

New episode of OSIB is out. Paul and Jamie join me to mull over our FA Cup exit.

What did we make of Towler?

How interested is Nahki Wells?

We also have a new segment, Bristol Sicky. Inspired by Alex Smithies episode last weekend. The listeners send in anecdotes about vomiting at Ashton Gate or at an away match.

Listen Here

Yes it gets to a point when you run out of ideas doesn’t it?

Took my son as a five year old to his first game at home against Burnley in about 1997. He got travel sick on the way up from Weston. We scored early, but he was sick twice. I had to drop him back home. He felt much better by the time we got there, so I drove back hoping to get get back for mid second half. By the time I did get back in,we were winning 2-1,but we’re down to ten men as the keeper had been sent off and Brian Tinnion was in goal. We did hang on for the win though. Happy days.

Yes I did once. 

Away Wigan think we won 0-1. Flint header from corner late on. 

Had to stop the car driver just as we left the ground. Opened door and gave it well sicky :laugh:

Think it was the dodgy meat pie at half time or the not so nice tasting Guinness in the pub by the car park before the game. 

What a good spew was had on the roadside and we set off home happy at there away points 

And always remeber how un impressed I was by Wigans ground 

On 11/02/2021 at 15:04, Shtanley said:

We were the original for what it's worth. First AND worst.

Never put yourself down! All the podcasts are different but all enjoyable in their own way, think of yourselves as the pioneers of City podcasts, and because of you others decided to broadcast their own thoughts

Archived