IGNORED

Some win stats that prove ???

1960maaan

On a Facebook page , someone posted their look into home and away wins without crowds. Their figures were for the Prem, so I would think it skews results a little, but interesting trends all the same.

286936524_Screenshot2021-02-12at08_03_53.thumb.png.245c380044a9e29e78c03f907b76733e.png

1853937580_Screenshot2021-02-12at08_40_46.png.a22ca9afbbdc5d5f02ff5fc49a0cf9f6.png

Interesting, but City being City, I looked at our stats, 

Pre COVID with Lee Johnson. 
2018-19. 8 wins from 23 about 35%
2019-20.  6 wins from 18 about 33%

City under Holden .
Total: 2 wins from 5 games about 40%
As full time head coach: 7 wins from 14 - 50%

From the start of lockdowns across the World, away wins figures had started to go up. I think the early figures were something like 30% increase in away wins, that may have settled as teams have got more used to playing without crowds though. Our away form had been better than our home form for some time, the home form under LJ had been awful and seemed to get worse.
Then COVID and no fans. In the short time he had during lockdown it's hard to put figures on it. 4 defeats from 4 games and finally Lansdown pulled the trigger.
Holden's entire reign has been under COVID and no fans, not sure if that helps or not, more recently I'd guess not. The style and enjoyment , to my eyes at least is the same (as bad) as under Johnson , but the figures look a bit better. Add all the injuries , who knows what they would be. It's pretty typical that when everyone else that normally had decent home form are winning less. While we , normally struggling for a home win, improve results. It's hard to see an improvement because as we can watch all the games now, win, lose or draw we can see how well they played, and again, I've seen little changed under Holden. I wonder if Holden will be around long enough to coach game with a crowd?

Anyway, thought some might find this interesting.

55 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Why does the PL era have a section between 2011/2021? I mean I get what it is but why does it need its own section between those space, stick an average line running across the chart or something

Because the table is effectively split into two sub-sections: everything but the last row is pre-covid and the last row is post/during covid. I agree the formatting looks weird but it makes sense at least

Archived