IGNORED

Mawson Injured again

Smokey

Alfie Mawson suffered an impact injury in Wednesday’s Emirates FA Cup Fifth Round tie against Sheffield United that caused a medial ligament tear in his knee.

Alfie Mawson suffered an impact injury in Wednesday’s Emirates FA Cup Fifth Round tie against Sheffield United that caused a medial ligament tear in his knee.

Mawson has returned to Fulham to assess the extent of the injury to his knee. Mawson had been out of action for 10 weeks earlier this season due to an injury to his opposite knee.

MAWSON SUFFERS NEW KNEE INJURY

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 12TH 2021

The centre-back has returned to Fulham to assess the extent of the injury to his knee. Mawson had been out of action for 10 weeks earlier this season due to an injury to his opposite knee.

Chris Martin has had successful surgery on his hamstring and started his rehabilitation that will take approximately 12 weeks.

Everyone connected with the club wishes Alfie and Chris well in their recoveries. 

I’ve given up hope of the play offs this year (life becomes better again once you accept this), so although Alfie will be a big miss, he won’t be here next season so I’m seeing this as a blessing to give more experience to our players that will be. 
I’d like to see Vyner return to the back with Kalas. 

for the the same reasons I also hope to see less of Mariappa, Lansbury, Rowe et al this season and more of the Edwards, Towler, Massengo, Bakinson, Bell and more. 

Seeing the younger lads develop is the only thing of interest left this season. 

11 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I enjoy how the media team have said ‘impact injury’ to make it out like it’s not a medical team issue, despite the fact he obviously played on whilst injured ??‍♂️

What did he "impact" with - Marley Watkins' nut in the treatment room?

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Every single Fulham fan said he was made of glass. They weren’t wrong. 

Hugh Grant said this?

7 minutes ago, tin said:

That's at least six weeks out - and note he's gone back for treatment at Fulham, rather than being "desperate to recover here". 

Not defending the medical staff at all here but I think it's standard protocol for the player to return to their parent club to have any injuries assessed as he is their asset. The two clubs would then decide the best way forward from a rehab perspective, in this case for Mawsons sake I would suggest it is with Fulham and not us.

City really need to get on top of this injury issue as clubs are not going to be so willing to loan us players if this continues.

9 minutes ago, markcarter said:

But . . . But . . . I’m absolutely sure that Ashton told us that Mawson was so impressed with our medical team that he INSISTED that he did his rehabilitation with City. ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

He’s their player/asset they will want to assess the injury as its there loss, financially. Where he actually does his rehab after that remains to be seen.

5 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I'd like to see a left footer along side Kalas, or Kalas move left and let  Moore play on the right.

If he sticks with a 3-5-2 - and I hope he does,  Kalas can play left sided (Does or has done so for his country) and I’d prob play Taylor Moore RS and Zak Centrally 

And Martin out for season...,

Hang onto your hats , it’s going to be a bumpy ride

3-5-2 or 3-5-1-1 and man the barricades

4 minutes ago, Will b11 said:

what a load of shit he was absolutely fine playing until he got sent off? it has to be in training and the club are covering it up ,  the banter era continues 

I've gone past the disappointed stage and now have just embraced the banter era. Definitely easier 

Archived