IGNORED

Mawson Injured again

Smokey

2 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

He was trying to control the ball, which he doesn’t have the ability to do, and fell over and feigned injury to make us forget about the not being able to control a ball thing.

Must admit it was bizarre to watch. He went down like an SAS sniper had taken him out.

1 hour ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

He looked alright until the sending off so maybe he kicked something in anger on his way to the dressing room although more likely in training I guess.

I was about to say he was fine up until the sending off think the club need to explain further because he didn't looked injured to me,Surely that sort of injury would of stood out.. ?

8 minutes ago, GlastonburyRed said:

Where's that bloke who, at the beginning of the season, came on here and said that Alf's knees were like poppadums and they were medically ready to retire him, and everyone in football knew, and all us OTIB experts piped up and poo pooed him and said, yeah mate, whatever mate, Mark Ashton knows best, jog on mate...

He's off injured

51 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I suppose you can play with anything but must be painful.

There was that Rugby League player a few years back who ruptured a testicle in the first half but played out the game.

No 'cock and ball story' replies to this post, please, we're better than than. Thank you.

56 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Injuries are fast becoming this years version of “we’re only 6 points off the playoffs”. 

Love your comment Fordy cos that winds me up so much.

Pretty sure I heard on OSIB "if it weren't for the injuries we'd only be three points off the playoffs" which is a glorious mutation of two forms of apologist rhetoric!

1 minute ago, Curr Avon said:

No 'cock and ball story' replies to this post, we're better than than. Thank you.

Cock was ok but no ball. Apparently recovered after surgery and still has 2 nads. Just needed to tuck it in and sew it up.

Ouch !!!

• Admin
10 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Do you think we're cursed? And if so, which one of us is going to wee in each corner of the pitch to get rid of it?

We've had the piss taken enough out of us this season already, not sure we have any more to give 

2 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Loving all the wild conspiracies from the medical experts on here, peak OTIB.

Just to clarify how do you know that they are not correct? 

3 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Loving all the wild conspiracies from the medical experts on here, peak OTIB.

To go along with all the wild conspiracy theories about Nagy being homesick through all of last season & Wells not being happy here & would rather be at QPR since he’s signed. Otib wouldn’t be the same without em 

23 minutes ago, GlastonburyRed said:

Where's that bloke who, at the beginning of the season, came on here and said that Alf's knees were like poppadums and they were medically ready to retire him, and everyone in football knew, and all us OTIB experts piped up and poo pooed him and said, yeah mate, whatever mate, Mark Ashton knows best, jog on mate...

OTIB shot someone down out of hand?! Never!

Let’s all grow up for five minutes. Admittedly injuries haven’t been on our side but we are top half in arguably the toughest division in the world. We could be onto our third manager of the season and looking closely over our shoulders into league 2.

maybe lockdown is giving people to much time on their hands to start investigating our injury crisis. 

1 minute ago, AnumRed said:

Let’s all grow up for five minutes. Admittedly injuries haven’t been on our side but we are top half in arguably the toughest division in the world. We could be onto our third manager of the season and looking closely over our shoulders into league 2.

maybe lockdown is giving people to much time on their hands to start investigating our injury crisis. 

That’s it , that’s the Bristol City way

‘Oh well , it could be worse .....look at xyz ‘

Reflects the ambition and apathy Of the Club completely 

19 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

To go along with all the wild conspiracy theories about Nagy being homesick through all of last season & Wells not being happy here & would rather be at QPR since he’s signed. Otib wouldn’t be the same without em 

Oh no, those ones are definitely true...

It baffles me why some keep mentioning that being sent off had an impact on us - this season sending offs in the FA Cup are restricted to that competition only - so Mawson would have been able to play against Watford had he been fit!!

Sadly that now doesn’t matter - he will still be suspended for the next FA Cup match the team he is playing for, plays - so Fulham’s 3rd round match next season!!

13 minutes ago, AnumRed said:

12 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

That’s it , that’s the Bristol City way

‘Oh well , it could be worse .....look at xyz ‘

Reflects the ambition and apathy Of the Club completely 

It was a light hearted joke at the Sags expense. Whooooosh!

5 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

It baffles me why some keep mentioning that being sent off had an impact on us - this season sending offs in the FA Cup are restricted to that competition only - so Mawson would have been able to play against Watford had he been fit!!

Sadly that now doesn’t matter - he will still be suspended for the next FA Cup match the team he is playing for, plays - so Fulham’s 3rd round match next season!!

Reds apply across all completions but yellows are relevant to competition I think

Archived