Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

An Eleven with next season in mind?


Recommended Posts

So Mawson is out UFN and similar for Martin.

I say we go with what we've got which means playing those whose contracts that take them through next season and fill the gaps with youth. Use loan players when fit, best available  for particular position

I'm advocating 5-4-1 in this format

Bentley

Vyner, Mariappa, Kalas, Towler ,Harper

Massengo, Lansbury, Williams, Semenyo

Wells

Subs - anyone who is fit! That would include players OOC.

My rationale for the selection is as follows

Bentley - straightforward 1st pick / Vyner - he isn't a midfielder and started in this position, Mariappa & Kalas - best available, Towler & Harper - young /high risk but natural left footers

Massengo - starting to show his early promise, Lansbury & Williams - best available, Semenyo - strength / energy; will give opposition defenders something to think out on that side which affords protection to Towler & Harper.

Wells - go on then,  give us a smile and show what you can do in your best position!!

As it stands we don't know if representatives of those OOC are saying to City "make us your best offer", the players are chancing their arm  [risky in view of overall football finances for the foreseeable future] at getting a better deal away from BCFC or Ashton and his crew are sat on their hands saying nothing in the hope that they can pick up better players at less money in the summer.

We have enough points that 5 wins in 18 would see us safe. I think it highly unlikely that we will get the 11 necessary to push us into the play offs.

Thoughts?

I want Lansdown [Steve or Jon] to publicly state this is a season like no other and we were wrong to expect an improvement under a rookie manager and sadly, Mark ,you are a victim of a cost reduction programme so thanks for all you've done and goodbye

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, headhunter said:

So Mawson is out UFN and similar for Martin.

I say we go with what we've got which means playing those whose contracts that take them through next season and fill the gaps with youth. Use loan players when fit, best available  for particular position

I'm advocating 5-4-1 in this format

Bentley

Vyner, Mariappa, Kalas, Towler ,Harper

Massengo, Lansbury, Williams, Semenyo

Wells

Subs - anyone who is fit! That would include players OOC.

My rationale for the selection is as follows

Bentley - straightforward 1st pick / Vyner - he isn't a midfielder and started in this position, Mariappa & Kalas - best available, Towler & Harper - young /high risk but natural left footers

Massengo - starting to show his early promise, Lansbury & Williams - best available, Semenyo - strength / energy; will give opposition defenders something to think out on that side which affords protection to Towler & Harper.

Wells - go on then,  give us a smile and show what you can do in your best position!!

As it stands we don't know if representatives of those OOC are saying to City "make us your best offer", the players are chancing their arm  [risky in view of overall football finances for the foreseeable future] at getting a better deal away from BCFC or Ashton and his crew are sat on their hands saying nothing in the hope that they can pick up better players at less money in the summer.

We have enough points that 5 wins in 18 would see us safe. I think it highly unlikely that we will get the 11 necessary to push us into the play offs.

Thoughts?

I want Lansdown [Steve or Jon] to publicly state this is a season like no other and we were wrong to expect an improvement under a rookie manager and sadly, Mark ,you are a victim of a cost reduction programme so thanks for all you've done and goodbye

 

I wish the last part will be true but you have no chance of Ashton leaving anytime soon 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Colemanballs said:

Don't Mariappa and Lansbury fail to meet your requirement of being contracted through next season? I'd definitely play Moore ahead of Mariappa in any event.

I did say use loan players when fit AND best available. That side would be weaker than some would surely say it already is if you dropped in Moore and Bakinson which would comply with your interpretation of my statement.

Link to post
Share on other sites

                    Bentley

    Vyner.  Kalas Moore Towler 

               Bakinson Nagy

    Massengo. Palmer.  Edwards

                     Semenyo

 

Only players that will be here next season would be those. Bentley might be sold to a bigger club but don't know that.

Oh and no Williams as who knows when he will be back!

Edited by JonDolman
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

                    Bentley

    Vyner.  Kalas Moore Towler 

               Bakinson Nagy

    Massengo. Palmer.  Edwards

                     Semenyo

 

Only players that will be here next season would be those. Bentley might be sold to a bigger club but don't know that.

Oh and no Williams as who knows when he will be back!

I appreciate that won’t be our line up come August

But - That’s a relegation side right there


And no ones considered O’Dowda , but of course he’s completely useless and of use only as a ball boy according to many

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Flames 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Bentley

  Vyner.     Kalas.     Moore

    Hunt.                                                 Towler

Massengo.     Williams

      Semenyo                    Pato         

Bell/Britton/Conway

Build around defensive stability and energy out of possession, yes Antoine has struggled for goals but I thought he was excellent upfront alone midweek holding possession and bringing others into play.

I'm cheating with Hunt I know, however I'd base it on there not being a real equivalent in the u23's at present to Towler and being prepared to use him now to recruit someone in the summer if he doesn't re-sign. Make RWB our focus like Williams being the focus last summer.

Edited by Lrrr
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Bentley

  Vyner.     Kalas.     Moore

    Hunt.                                                 Towler

Massengo.     Williams.     Nagy

Semenyo         *

* = Bell/Conway/Britton

Build around defensive stability and energy out of possession, yes Antoine has struggled for goals but I thought he was excellent upfront alone midweek holding possession and bringing others into play.

I'm cheating with Hunt I know, however I'd base it on there not being a real equivalent in the u23's at present to Towler and being prepared to use him now to recruit someone in the summer if he doesn't re-sign. Make RWB our focus like Williams being the focus last summer.

Are you suggesting that’s as a side for next season then ?
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bentley

  Vyner     Kalas     Moore

    Hunt                                                 Towler

Massengo/Bakinson     Williams     Paterson

Semenyo         Famara

 

Play offs still to aim for so hope to see something like this Towler more than deserves to retain his spot while with Wells seemingly completely out of sorts time to give AS a run alongside Fam.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

Are you suggesting that’s as a side for next season then ?
 

Nah I was going off the idea for the next few games at least, as players return to fitness they'd come back in, I actually forgot Pato was fit again... about to edit

Edited by Lrrr
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

I appreciate that won’t be our line up come August

But - That’s a relegation side right there


And no ones considered O’Dowda , but of course he’s completely useless and of use only as a ball boy according to many

Talking about fit players that's why I left out O'Dowda, Williams, Dasilva

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Sorry to turn this thread a little bit, but here's a list of the players I don't want to see near our starting eleven next season if their performances continue the same way they have:

 

 

Wells

 

 

I’d like to see him selected as the main striker, not having to accommodate Diedhiou.  All about opinions, but he’s an asset worth giving a proper go.  He still got 7 goals and 3 assists without being the main-man.

Following Headhunter’s scope and formation, I would play Moore over Mariappa, and possibly Palmer over Lansbury, as both are short-term.

If fit, I’d probably play O’Dowda over Harper, but I’d maybe look at a different system.

Based on available players, and not picking anyone OOC I’d go:

                     Bentley

   Vyner | Kalas | Moore | Towler

      Williams (c) | Bakinson

Massengo | Palmer | Semenyo

                      Wells

Squad: O’Leary, Nagy, Morton, Ow.Edwards, Bell, S.Pearson, Z.Smith, Low, Britton, Conway, Harper

Next season / currently injured: Dasilva, Pring, Cundy, O’Dowda, Martin, Op.Edwards, Janneh

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lrrr said:

Nah I was going off the idea for the next few games at least, as players return to fitness they'd come back in, I actually forgot Pato was fit again... about to edit

Ahh ok

Confused me with the recruitment and RWB bit

FWIW - Moore , Nagy and Towler left side .....would worry about that

Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess that Mawson's injury could have stopped the idea of returning to a 3-5-2/5-3-2 and right now the best (or less worse?) option IMO would be a 4-3-3. About the ''next season in mind'' criterion...to me, Holden won't think about it, especially with so many players out.

At this point, I'd organize the team in this way:

Bentley; Hunt/Sessegnon*, Vyner**/Mariappa, Kalas, Moore/Towler***; Massengo/Nagy, Bakinson, Lansbury/Palmer; Semenyo/Ow.Edwards, Wells/Diédhiou, Paterson.

 

* apparently close to a return?

** he could switch to midfield in some matches, to give some rest to Bakinson

*** I agree with the choice of involving him in the first team, but I'm not sure he should be a regular starter.

 

Edited by Dan Robin
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sheltons Army said:

Ahh ok

Confused me with the recruitment and RWB bit

FWIW - Moore , Nagy and Towler left side .....would worry about that

The alternative would be Kalas swapping with Moore or bringing Mariappa in, frankly I'm not sure whats better to do with Kalas atm, marking wise he's been poor recently with tracking runners but he is the best CB we have still.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, megansdad said:

Bentley

  Vyner     Kalas     Moore

    Hunt                                                 Towler

Massengo/Bakinson     Williams     Paterson

Semenyo         Famara

 

Play offs still to aim for so hope to see something like this Towler more than deserves to retain his spot while with Wells seemingly completely out of sorts time to give AS a run alongside Fam.

Nooo...... time to leave Fam out from a starting X1, impact sub maybe but he's not going to bust a gut for the shirt - well documented in other threads

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Talking about fit players that's why I left out O'Dowda, Williams, Dasilva

Thought O’Dowda was not far away Jon....

 


I appreciate with our medical team that probably means November but....

And Patersons  fit , isn’t he ? ...well for now anyway !

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lrrr said:

The alternative would be Kalas swapping with Moore or bringing Mariappa in, frankly I'm not sure whats better to do with Kalas atm, marking wise he's been poor recently with tracking runners but he is the best CB we have still.

Kalas has played left side for his country there Lrrr

And I’m not convinced  Kalas is a great organiser or talker , so the logic of him centrally has diminished a bit for me 

I’d have him left 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sheltons Army said:

Thought O’Dowda was not far away Jon....

 


I appreciate with our medical team that probably means November but....

And Patersons  fit , isn’t he ? ...well for now anyway !

I didn't realise O'Dowda is close. Really missed him.

Paterson I didn't put in because contract is expiring in the summer.

Just a team based on what op said

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nooo...... time to leave Fam out from a starting X1, impact sub maybe but he's not going to bust a gut for the shirt - well documented in other threads

 

Could not disagree more Fam always gives 100% and presently he is our only striker scoring goals.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, megansdad said:

Could not disagree more Fam always gives 100% and presently he is our only striker scoring goals.

If he's still giving 100% then he needs a break as the energy and endurance levels are no where near as high

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, megansdad said:

Nooo...... time to leave Fam out from a starting X1, impact sub maybe but he's not going to bust a gut for the shirt - well documented in other threads

 

Could not disagree more Fam always gives 100% and presently he is our only striker scoring goals.

Always gives %100 

 

Did you just say that ?


On full time whistle at Brentford they had to wake him up

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...