IGNORED

Bottom three

Robin Wood

This forum is so dramatic!

Feel free to quote me at the end of the season but there is zero chance we get relegated this season.

46 games in the season. We have so far picked up 39 points from 29 games playing poor football.

Including cup form, in 2021 we have 4 wins from 10 games and 2 wins from 7 games in the league (6 points from 7)

We need 8 or 9 points from our last 17 games to be safe. 

20 minutes ago, Berkshire Red said:

Feel free to quote me at the end of the season but there is zero chance we get relegated this season.

46 games in the season. We have so far picked up 39 points from 29 games playing poor football.

Including cup form, in 2021 we have 4 wins from 10 games and 2 wins from 7 games in the league (6 points from 7)

Get what you’re saying but honestly don’t know at the moment where those 8 or 9 points are coming from , at this rate we will be lucky to get 1 from Wycombe 

5 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Get what you’re saying but honestly don’t know at the moment where those 8 or 9 points are coming from , at this rate we will be lucky to get 1 from Wycombe 

Wycombe beat Huddersfield away today scoring 3. We were battered by Huddersfield at AG and very lucky to win. I don’t think that we can be that optimistic about getting any points from any particular games at the moment, we are that bad, and confidence is rock bottom.

7 hours ago, Berkshire Red said:

Bookies don’t agree with you.

Bet365 had us at 200/1 for relegation after the Huddersfield match and we’re now down to 16/1.

Yes we’ve got a bit of a cushion but I’m worried about the prospect of being dragged into a relegation scrap with 5 games to go. We’re clearly not going to pick up many more points this season playing so dogshit every match so we’re relying on two of Birmingham, Weds, Rotherham or Coventry being more dross than us for the remaining 17 games.

34 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Bet365 had us at 200/1 for relegation after the Huddersfield match and we’re now down to 16/1.

Yes we’ve got a bit of a cushion but I’m worried about the prospect of being dragged into a relegation scrap with 5 games to go. We’re clearly not going to pick up many more points this season playing so dogshit every match so we’re relying on two of Birmingham, Weds, Rotherham or Coventry being more dross than us for the remaining 17 games.

Sheff Weds currently; 28pts from 28games and in relegation spot

Rotherham                  29pts from 27games

Coventry                    31pts from  29games

Derby                          31pts from 28games

We have  39pts from 29 games, those not already on 31pts could get to 31pts with there games in hand; that is only 3wins away from overtaking us, which means they could be right up our asses if we dont pick up some points very soon.

Our form must be the worst in the div atm where is the light at the end of the tunnel? anyone see it? cant see us beating an egg atm.

6 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Sheff Weds currently; 28pts from 28games and in relegation spot

Rotherham                  29pts from 27games

Coventry                    31pts from  29games

Derby                          31pts from 28games

We have  39pts from 29 games, those not already on 31pts could get to 31pts with there games in hand; that is only 3wins away from overtaking us, which means they could be right up our asses if we dont pick up some points very soon.

Our form must be the worst in the div atm where is the light at the end of the tunnel? anyone see it? cant see us beating an egg atm.

2nd from bottom in form table only Huddersfield below us, Derby, Sheffield W and Rotherham all in the top half on current form.

2 minutes ago, weepywall said:

2nd from bottom in form table only Huddersfield below us, Derby, Sheffield W and Rotherham all in the top half on current form.

What was it we were told about our carefully selected manager again ?

7 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

Wycombe beat Huddersfield away today scoring 3. We were battered by Huddersfield at AG and very lucky to win. I don’t think that we can be that optimistic about getting any points from any particular games at the moment, we are that bad, and confidence is rock bottom.

We have won 5 and lost 10 league games since start of Dec; this includes losing all games so far this month and with Reading, Barnsley, Boro and Swansea yet to face cant see that changing too much

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

The reason the odds have dropped is because fans react to recent events and people will see our current form and the 200/1 odds and fancy a flutter. Odds reflect the current betting market, not the bookies knowledge really. Anyone taking 16/1 is likely to be the type of person to take a wonga loan!

We play Millwall, Wycombe, Sheffield Wednesday, Rotherham, Coventry, Barnsley, QPR, Luton still this season. All of whom have failed to accumulate as many points as City this season. One of the higher placed teams if these we thrashed 3 weeks ago. We may be on a 4 game losing streak in the league, but remind me the last time a team lost 21 league games in a row? 

33 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

We have won 5 and lost 10 league games since start of Dec; this includes losing all games so far this month and with Reading, Barnsley, Boro and Swansea yet to face cant see that changing too much

We also have Wycombe, Coventry, Sheffield Wednesday, Millwall, Birmingham, Luton, QPR and Rotherham to play this season. We are going to get points from these games

4 minutes ago, Berkshire Red said:

We also have Wycombe, Coventry, Sheffield Wednesday, Millwall, Birmingham, Luton, QPR and Rotherham to play this season. We are going to get points from these games

Perform like we did yesterday and we wont

Especially if heads go down again 90 secs in , followed by a full 90 minute gutless performance

2 hours ago, Berkshire Red said:

We could beat the first one the rest....... dont bet on it

Rotherham, Birm and Luton have already beaten us this season and S Weds, Coventry and Millwall are all away, we have not won or drawn away since Dec1st :dunno:

We won’t get relegated. But it’s a sad fact that’s it’s actually a possibility. 
I think we’ll end up 16th, probably 7 or 8 points clear of the drop. 
Not good. I don’t fear relegation this season, I fear the rot has long since set in and next season will be the real struggle. *

* unless we change course. 

Edit - it feels so much like the 12/13 relegation. Old players, high wages, no leadership, poor recruitment. History repeating. 

2nd edit. 
Prior to relegation in 13, the spiral had begun 3 seasons earlier. 10th, 15th, 20th, then down. 
This time, we’re getting worse. 8th, 11th. Probably 16th this season. Next year?????........

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

Not good. I don’t fear relegation this season, I fear the rot has long since set in and next season will be the real struggle. *

Edit - it feels so much like the 12/13 relegation. Old players, high wages, no leadership, poor recruitment. History repeating. 

Hence why it’s imperative that SL acts now, Ashton out, Holden out, coaches out. Howe in for me 

For those who feel that relegation is an impossibility, here's a sobering thought. Approximately one third of City's points this season have come from the first 4 matches. As we've not played 29 matches, that's a pretty damning statistic.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

2nd edit. 
Prior to relegation in 13, the spiral had begun 3 seasons earlier. 10th, 15th, 20th, then down. 
This time, we’re getting worse. 8th, 11th. Probably 16th this season. Next year?????........

I said this when I saw the accounts published.  I didn’t expect results to follow so quickly.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

2nd edit. 

Yep said this on another thread feels like the mcinnes slump all over again with seemingly no plan to stop the rot

2 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Yep said this on another thread feels like the mcinnes slump all over again with seemingly no plan to stop the rot

That’s the thing mate. There’s a further symmetry. Who was helping McInnes with his recruitment in 2012, to help assemble the pitiful squad that went down without even a whimper? Yep, our very own CEO. 

15 hours ago, Berkshire Red said:

Probably what Hull City thought last season

8 minutes ago, Berkshire Red said:

Even Hull managed 6 points from last 17. This form would likely keep us up and we won't be that poor

We can be extremely poor quite often, look its obvious Dean doesnt know what to do even though we have actually some good players atm, but then again others dont seem to even want to be here.

We lack any sort of leadership on and off the field and that could be our downfall.d&d deal with it GIF by Hyper RPG

13 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yep. His ‘consultancy’ period here in 2012. When he sacked off our head scout (Russ Richardson) and brought his own team in. 

Was Gilhespy here already (says he joined Jan 2012), or brought in by MA.  Got the impression he was here, but promoted without substance from chatting to someone else.

Archived