IGNORED

Bottom three

Robin Wood

The worry for me is that when I look at the next 5 fixtures, I don’t see us getting any points. Then we will be in a relegation battle. At that point I would think we would be psychological shot & I don’t see too many leaders in this group to pull us through. At this moment in time I would edge more towards us staying up, but if after the next 5 games we have an extra 0 points, I might have to rethink! COYR

4 hours ago, Berkshire Red said:

Thats just not true though is it? 

It was a cup game...anything can happen.....this thread is about bottom 3 not FA cup results and we wont win 3-0 next time

1 hour ago, glos old boy said:

It was a cup game...anything can happen.....this thread is about bottom 3 not FA cup results and we wont win 3-0 next time

You're completely right ... whereas league games, the outcome is already known before the game kicks off?

We are a cert for relegation and won't pick up another point all season. 

Odd how Wycombe conceded 7 against Brentford, lost to Nottingham Forest and Sheffield Wednesday and yet somehow they managed to win at the weekend ... but City conceded 6 on Saturday so will not get another point all season 

8 hours ago, Berkshire Red said:

You're completely right ... whereas league games, the outcome is already known before the game kicks off?

Odd how Wycombe conceded 7 against Brentford, lost to Nottingham Forest and Sheffield Wednesday and yet somehow they managed to win at the weekend ... but City conceded 6 on Saturday so will not get another point all season 

Where does it say we wont pick up another point this season or we are certs for relegation? or are they just your thoughts/words :dunno:

We are clearly not getting relegated but our season is heading towards a meh ending, the worrying thing is if that form carries into next season and we don't have some sort of turn around we will be in trouble next season.  I'm normally quite positive about giving managers a chance but in this instance I'm not confident.   

On 14/02/2021 at 21:23, Berkshire Red said:

Hull City

This time last year were on the same points as us in much better form and got relegated

If we persist with the holden experiment we will get relegated if not this season then definitely next season

We've seen this before and your refusal to even think it shows how far your head is buried in the sand 

8 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Hull City

This time last year were on the same points as us in much better form and got relegated

If we persist with the holden experiment we will get relegated if not this season then definitely next season

We've seen this before and your refusal to even think it shows how far your head is buried in the sand 

Yes, you can keep quoting Hull City and say my head is buried in the sand ... however if you genuinely think there is a chance we get relegated this year then you're the one who's head needs checking. Take your frustration and passion for the club out the equation and you'll realise you're being dramatic.

Hull Citys loss of form coincided with them losing their best player, an inform striker in Bowen. We have not done that, we have a lot of players coming back from injury and we will pick up points. We have to play almost all the teams below us still and will pick up points. I'm sure if you watched the week in week out performances of those clubs below us you'd realise they are worse than us, have less quality and we will not drop into the bottom 3.

Yes I agree we may struggle if things don't change next season, but this thread is about this season and relegation will not happen

24 minutes ago, Berkshire Red said:

Yes, you can keep quoting Hull City and say my head is buried in the sand ... however if you genuinely think there is a chance we get relegated this year then you're the one who's head needs checking. Take your frustration and passion for the club out the equation and you'll realise you're being dramatic.

Hull Citys loss of form coincided with them losing their best player, an inform striker in Bowen. We have not done that, we have a lot of players coming back from injury and we will pick up points. We have to play almost all the teams below us still and will pick up points. I'm sure if you watched the week in week out performances of those clubs below us you'd realise they are worse than us, have less quality and we will not drop into the bottom 3.

Yes I agree we may struggle if things don't change next season, but this thread is about this season and relegation will not happen

You are in dreamland, smell the coffee

18 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

You are in dreamland, smell the coffee

Okay pal, well when we comfortably avoid relegation this season, I'll dig up your post for a reminder.

Likewise, feel free to comment me when we inevitably get relegated this season ?

As someone who formerly worked at the institute for risk and uncertainty I'll stick to mathematical logic and probability rather than my gut feeling after watching a bad couple of games over a 46 game season.

1 hour ago, Berkshire Red said:

The only comparison with that is we haven't got any strikers either Fam on the beach dont want to get injured and nahki I thought I was a striker but this ******** plays me on the wing

Okay pal, well when we comfortably avoid relegation this season, I'll dig up your post for a reminder.

Likewise, feel free to comment me when we inevitably get relegated this season ?

As someone who formerly worked at the institute for risk and uncertainty I'll stick to mathematical logic and probability rather than my gut feeling after watching a bad couple of games over a 46 game season.

I'll have better things to do than trawl through posts made 3 months previously "pal" 

Agree. 100%. Those first 5 games will keep us out the mire.  However truth is we were given a run around in most and were some rather fortuitous points with  picked up...Coventry home first game...they mullered us for 70 odd minutes and we somehow won.. Forest away , Bentley must have been snorting something..he alone got us 3 points..  there are so many more. 

However the points are on the board..end of,  but the rub of the green has evened out  now and now reality kicks in. I am sure we will scrape to 50 plus points and needing 11 to get onto and past 50. I think I have seen only one decent display thanks to robins TV.. Stoke away ?  

I am as fed up as the next person, and today I was at the Gate  getting the old vaccine just away from the entrance stairs I use and meet my mates, for a pre match drink.  Even with the crap on the field there is still so much every good going on.  We will finish mid table and below and I would be very surprised if DH and Co are here for the next season..but relegation this season...No way folks.. Chill on that one.

Archived