IGNORED

19 years ago today

sticks 1969

Not totally city related but 19 years ago today Holland played out a 1 1 draw with England 

a whole coach load of city fans went from the 3 lions and if memory serves me meet a load more over there 

im sure some on here were present and like I say where does the time go .... 

good numbers and some good lads present for that game 

3 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

Not totally city related but 19 years ago today Holland played out a 1 1 draw with England 

a whole coach load of city fans went from the 3 lions and if memory serves me meet a load more over there 

19 years ago!

Almost the 20th anniversary of 5-1 in Munich, another big turnout.

• Admin
3 hours ago, MarcusX said:

That's awesome, I'd love to be part of a group like that some day. Don't have many friends interested enough / can afford to do big England away trips

There are lots on here that go all over the world with England, keep an eye out when normality resumes 

3 hours ago, MarcusX said:

That's awesome, I'd love to be part of a group like that some day. Don't have many friends interested enough / can afford to do big England away trips

I don’t know what it’s like these days, but back then and earlier, it wasn’t organised as such, you just went and met others on the way. 

Our trip to Munich went from London via Paris, just two of us with no hotel booked. By the time we got to Munich there were probably 60-100 England, with City lads we just knew.

4 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

4 of us rented a stunning apartment for  3 weeks , in Amsterdam for Euros in 2000

Needless to say it was one hell of a trip and we nearly never came back !

Happy Days !

6 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

Is that the game Darius vasell scored with an overhead kick?

9 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

Hi Sticks, I have two images from that trip, the size of our mob in and around the Globe pub and the other of having to park one of our lads (no names but initials AS) worst for wear outside the stadium, as we couldn't get him into the game. When we came out to collect him after the match someone had stolen him.  Then we found him back at the Globe pub no/one knows including him how he got back there... classic City away... 19 years though...

1 hour ago, Eastendboy1965 said:

Hi Sticks, I have two images from that trip, the size of our mob in and around the Globe pub and the other of having to park one of our lads (no names but initials AS) worst for wear outside the stadium, as we couldn't get him into the game. When we came out to collect him after the match someone had stolen him.  Then we found him back at the Globe pub no/one knows including him how he got back there... classic City away... 19 years though...

Yes I know who you mean like you say I never name names but most people will know me by my user name anyway. There were some well known lads over there and a few from Taunton aswell and however AS ever got back to the globe will baffle me 

Archived