IGNORED

Watford (A) - Sat 13th Feb 15:00 - Matchday thread

What will the result be?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

2. 2. How many will City score?

3. 3. How many will Watford score?

4. 4. How many shots on target will we have?

This poll is closed to new votes

The GREAT HUMAN has declared that the TURNING POINT of the season has happened and our season IS ON! Thank you oh GREAT HUMAN!

I'm not sure what we've been doing up to now, but I pleased we're finally getting into action! I look forward to enjoying the front foot football and can almost taste the fresh air.

Our last game vs Watford I thought was our second best game against a good side other than the Swansea showing. In that game while we didn't create a chance IIRC there was only really a missed header from Cathcart and a great save from Quina by Bentley. Maybe Brentford surpassed it?

With Mawson suspended, injured and on the run from 13 states we need to shuffle the defence again. What do y'all think that looks like? Any midfield changes you'd make? Drop Wells (off a cliff) for not passing the ball to Pato last match?

Watford haven't won in three matches! Though Cardiff hadn't won in 8... They have the second best defence in the league and are quite physical so I wonder where the goals come from and if we just get beaten up like Cardiff did to us. With a Cardiff win (home to Coventry) and an City loss today we go 12th in the league, the same position LJ was sacked from when we were mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. I really hope we can build off the Sheffield United game instead.

I'll post both line ups in a single post when they hit twitter. 

May the GREAT HUMAN bring you joy this day!

COYR

Oh and since it's Valentine's Eve, what do you ? LOVE ? about Bristol City right now?

Or have you fallen ? out of love ? from not being over to go and how the club is right now?

I'm still addicted but I was only going ~20-30 times a season anyway so my routine isn't the same as those of you who go each week by habit/force.

I was thinking about our future striking options earlier - With Fammy seemingly on his way out and Martin out for 3 months, why not give Wells and Semenyo a chance as pair up top.

Yes Wells has looked nothing like the striker from QPR but most games he’s been asked to play wide and with no creative players behind him. Now Palmer and Patterson are back (plus Lansbury) surely they could play to his strengths and we see the clinical striker at this level he could be.

Semenyo is still a work in process but possesses alot of quality running with the ball and has a decent strike, I wonder whether a stint in the middle where has better chance of his first league goal could “get the monkey off his back” and he could turn into a good striker at this level. He’s someone we need to progress with and the sooner he gets that first goal the better 

Be nice for once to actually attempt some creative play and have shots on goal, I don’t mind losing a game if we at least play decent footy and the players give it their all. 

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Voted.  Desmond Tutu for me.

Bentley
Hunt | Vyner | Kalas | Moore | Towler
Paterson | Lansbury | Massengo
Semenyo | Wells

For me.  Assumes Williams rested.

Good line up. I wouldn’t be completely opposed to seeing Mariappa in at centre back for Kalas. I don’t think Kalas has been in great form as well as Mawson.

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Voted.  Desmond Tutu for me.

Bentley
Hunt | Vyner | Kalas | Moore | Towler
Paterson | Lansbury | Massengo
Semenyo | Wells

For me.  Assumes Williams rested.

Probably not far off, but I'd have thought that Maps is more likely as replacement for Mawson. 

Moore did OK on Wednesday, but he does still worry me. Always looks like he's about to make a mistake. 

Vyners versatility is handy.

Towler will no doubt get more game time during the rest of the season, but we need to be careful not to burn him out aswell. 

I get a feeling of a reasonable starting 11 on paper, slight air of hope and positivity.

Watford two up by half time, one City corner, no shots on target, forum meltdown.

Second half City make two subs, get one shot on target, Watford score a third and Kalas goes off injured.

Holden talks about the high press and how good the youngsters were at full time, by 6pm Kalas confirmed as out for the season, bed sheets by the time The Masked Singer starts.

That said it’d be so Bristol City to win 0 - 2 today out of nowhere! 

41 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Oh and since it's Valentine's Eve, what do you ? LOVE ? about Bristol City right now?

Or have you fallen ? out of love ? from not being over to go and how the club is right now?

I'm still addicted but I was only going ~20-30 times a season anyway so my routine isn't the same as those of you who go each week by habit/force.

I’m loving the thought of a chunk pie when I can return to AG. I’m looking forward to going away too. The 90 mins of the game is a bit meh at the moment, would like to see the youngsters play though. COYRs 

Hate to say it, but I have the feeling that it's going to be boys against girls again this afternoon.  Our lack of passion and commitment is getting more painful week by week by week.

I can live with a lack of skill, but not chasing balls, being a yard and a half off the pace, half hearted challenges and ducking out of tackles is making my piss boil.  Half the team are just jogging around and ball watching which is an absolute disgrace given the the money they are being paid.

Still, it could be worse.  We could have employed Tisdale.

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

Probably not far off, but I'd have thought that Maps is more likely as replacement for Mawson. 

Moore did OK on Wednesday, but he does still worry me. Always looks like he's about to make a mistake. 

Vyners versatility is handy.

Towler will no doubt get more game time during the rest of the season, but we need to be careful not to burn him out aswell. 

Starting again today according to what I was told by the guy who told us Wednesday.

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yeah, I don't doubt that... I mean we can't/shouldn't burn him out by playing him twice a week for the remainder of the season. 

Yeah, I know you did.  And I agree.  Unless O’Dowda is back in the next couple of games I’d give Harper some minutes too, just to share the load.

Keep it simple -

Wells through the middle (will score)

Pato and Seymenyo (best play maker and we need pace)

Williams Lansbury HNM (Best 3)

Kalas and Vyner (no choice)

Towel and Hunt (no choice)

Bentley (Our best player by miles)

Don’t play Fammy (Impact Sub)

Dont play Marriappa (to slow)

Dont play KP & Pato (does not work)

Dont play 5 at the back (pointless we don’t have any ‘wingbacks’ and need extra man in midfield)

This has to be our best team at the moment.

Not sure there is even much to think about when he picks the team. 

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Really hope Holden doesn't stick with Fam and Wells 

I think he might go Fam and Semenyo, which I prefer, but still wouldn't do that. 

I'd go either Semenyo and Wells or Semenyo the main striker with Palmer. Could even go Paterson with Semenyo, he offers better running, but Kasey offers ability to hold onto ball and looked promising linking with Antoine briefly end of Sheff Utd game. 

Thinking about the 352. I'd be tempted to go Vyner right wing back. Mapps right of back 3 with Kalas and Moore. Hunt been so poor for a while. 

Towler keep his place at wing back.

Midfield a tricky one. I would go Bakinson in the holding role. Not sure if Williams or Lansbury are available in box to box roles. Got no problem going with Massengo and/or Nagy.

I’d like to see Pato behind Wells Jon

Wells doesn’t deserve to start but I think if anyone might bring better of him , it’s Pato

Archived