IGNORED

Watford (A) - Sat 13th Feb 15:00 - Matchday thread

What will the result be?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

2. 2. How many will City score?

3. 3. How many will Watford score?

4. 4. How many shots on target will we have?

This poll is closed to new votes

54 minutes ago, brad blit said:

I was thinking about our future striking options earlier - With Fammy seemingly on his way out and Martin out for 3 months, why not give Wells and Semenyo a chance as pair up top.

Yes Wells has looked nothing like the striker from QPR but most games he’s been asked to play wide and with no creative players behind him. Now Palmer and Patterson are back (plus Lansbury) surely they could play to his strengths and we see the clinical striker at this level he could be.

Semenyo is still a work in process but possesses alot of quality running with the ball and has a decent strike, I wonder whether a stint in the middle where has better chance of his first league goal could “get the monkey off his back” and he could turn into a good striker at this level. He’s someone we need to progress with and the sooner he gets that first goal the better 

Be nice for once to actually attempt some creative play and have shots on goal, I don’t mind losing a game if we at least play decent footy and the players give it their all. 

Definitely- Wells up front in the box with Semenyo behind linking the play would be good to see. Behind them fill the midfield to stifle Watford attacks. 

Going to be a tough afternoon regardless but might wait to see the line up before committing 2 hours to watch it.

For the first time since we went into lockdown and had to watch via Robins TV, I’m not doing anything but can’t bring myself to shell out £10 to get annoyed, in a mood and generally depressed. So I’m skipping this one this afternoon.

As for score - as ever, desperately hope for a win and the front foot football we were promised. However, expect a defeat. And if there is one, hope it’s a bad enough one that Holdens shown the door.

But id rather we won.

Can't wait to see what turning point meant, hopefully it means playing players in natural preferred positions, or playing attacking football where we actually manage more than 2 shots, or its having 11 players who look like they want to play for the club and earn their extravagant wage or maybe making substitutions that impact the game before its too late. I suspect it means they will leave on the bus at 8.37 instead of 8.45 and they will have beans with the pre-match meal instead of peas.

On to a line up, may as well copy and paste, as keep on saying think we have to start playing 1 up front and trying to get some sort of control of midfield, which will then hopefully create chances.

Bentley
Hunt, Vyner,  Kalas, Moore, Towler

Williams (if not fit, then Bakinson plays swapping with Nagy position)

Paterson or Palmer,  Nagy,  Massengo 
              Lansbury 

Semenyo

Close one who to play up front, Fam (I am on holiday waiting for a move), Wells (greedy bastard don't want to be here), Semenyo (I look good but need to score) or Bell (fast as **** score in training but my mum must have knocked DH back so not going to get played)

19 minutes ago, Red Alert said:

Definitely- Wells up front in the box with Semenyo behind linking the play would be good to see. Behind them fill the midfield to stifle Watford attacks. 

Going to be a tough afternoon regardless but might wait to see the line up before committing 2 hours to watch it.

The phrases "Bristol City strikers" and "penalty box" are not synonymous I'm afraid.

40 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

For the first time since we went into lockdown and had to watch via Robins TV, I’m not doing anything but can’t bring myself to shell out £10 to get annoyed, in a mood and generally depressed. So I’m skipping this one this afternoon.

As for score - as ever, desperately hope for a win and the front foot football we were promised. However, expect a defeat. And if there is one, hope it’s a bad enough one that Holdens shown the door.

But id rather we won.

Don't let the madness get you down man. There might be crumbs of comfort like a goal for Massengo or Bents saving a Deeney penalty to keep the score down to 5-0!

2 hours ago, Prinny said:

Oh and since it's Valentine's Eve, what do you ? LOVE ? about Bristol City right now?

Or have you fallen ? out of love ? from not being over to go and how the club is right now?

I'm still addicted but I was only going ~20-30 times a season anyway so my routine isn't the same as those of you who go each week by habit/force.

I still love my keeper shirts... ? struggling for much else

2 hours ago, Prinny said:

Oh and since it's Valentine's Eve, what do you ? LOVE ? about Bristol City right now?

Or have you fallen ? out of love ? from not being over to go and how the club is right now?

I'm still addicted but I was only going ~20-30 times a season anyway so my routine isn't the same as those of you who go each week by habit/force.

Not much at the mo., tedium is not enamouring.

For me the only interest left in this season is seeing the youngsters getting experience for next season.

For the first time I can remember the academy has produced some very promising forwards - Bell, Britton, Conway - and I hope they'll all get reasonable time on the pitch, including starts, before this season is out.

Fed up with Wells and Fammy atm, they appear to be going through the motions Give the youngsters an opportunity and if the team can produce chances there's no reason they won't take them.

The team needs rejuvenating and the fans desperately need something to get excited about to give hope for the future.

Like to see Bell or Britton start today.

6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

For me the only interest left in this season is seeing the youngsters getting experience for next season.

For the first time I can remember the academy has produced some very promising forwards - Bell, Britton, Conway - and I hope they'll all get reasonable time on the pitch, including starts, before this season is out.

Fed up with Wells and Fammy atm, they appear to be going through the motions Give the youngsters an opportunity and if the team can produce chances there's no reason they won't take them.

The team needs rejuvenating and the fans desperately need something to get excited about to give hope for the future.

Well said noggers. Give the kids a chance and let's find out if our academy can deliver what it's been promising for years.

Tinnion said to me a couple of years ago that there were gooduns coming through. Surely now is the time.

18 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Strange how people are being so negative about Diedhiou.  Only three or four matches ago he was, according to many posters, undroppable.  A couple of quiet games and he’s written off as ‘going through the motions”.  That’s certainly not what I saw at Sheffield when he was being asked to track back whenever United went forward, leaving Wells on his own up front.  He may not always play well, but I have never felt that he gives less than 100% for us.

6 minutes ago, Coppello said:

I really hope our next manager is an even better human. Perhaps we might even have our first female manager if Greta Thunberg, Malala or even Mother Theresa is on Mark Ashton's shortlist. 

With Thunberg in charge we'd be in even greta danger and the climate is not right for this appointment.

Not convinced weather she'd be any good.

"You have stolen my

.....sense of humour"

Just now, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Strange how people are being so negative about Diedhiou.  Only three or four matches ago he was, according to many posters, undroppable.  A couple of quiet games and he’s written off as ‘going through the motions”.  That’s certainly not what I saw at Sheffield when he was being asked to track back whenever United went forward, leaving Wells on his own up front.  He may not always play well, but I have never felt that he gives less than 100% for us.

I'm a Fammy fan normally but not been impressed recently, and if he's not signing he's got nothing to do with our future

He can be good but certainly not so great that he's somehow indispensable.

We've got plenty of other options champing at the bit to play up front so I'd be leaving him out of the starting 11 now if I were DH.

If there's a concern about losing his physical presence in both boxes, give young Britton a go - he seems a real battler.

Just now, MelksRed said:

11 losses in 16 games....

Says enough really 

Might I additionally add that, at this point in LJs tenure, there was almost insurrection across the fanbase and sheets stuck to the stadium railings calling for him to go.....seemingly we have all been much more patient this time...

26 minutes ago, Coppello said:

I really hope our next manager is an even better human. Perhaps we might even have our first female manager if Greta Thunberg, Malala or even Mother Theresa is on Mark Ashton's shortlist. 

If Mother Teresa is interested I'll go and dig her up myself.

11 minutes ago, MelksRed said:

Might I additionally add that, at this point in LJs tenure, there was almost insurrection across the fanbase and sheets stuck to the stadium railings calling for him to go.....seemingly we have all been much more patient this time...

Don’t think patient’s comes into the equation any more , most fans are well beyond that ,just feel for many the bar’s been set at an all time low with the going’s on at the gate.

Archived