IGNORED

Watford (A) - Sat 13th Feb 15:00 - Matchday thread

What will the result be?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

2. 2. How many will City score?

3. 3. How many will Watford score?

4. 4. How many shots on target will we have?

This poll is closed to new votes

First half summary.....without wanting to state the blindingly obvious again very poor overall, we have been exposed at will by Watford who didn’t have to be very clever to score four, given our shocking defending. Fortunate it is only four, every attack from them looks like it’s going to lead to a goal, especially down their right.

Our forward play and use of the ball has been characteristically woeful, we have too often given it away cheaply we simply don’t ‘look after the ball’ and when (rarely) we get in an advanced position we are indecisive/sloppy e,g. FD’s ball to AS.

We have got away with being second best a lot this season, however, a better team such as Watford will readily exploit our weaknesses.

Us no shots on target, Watford 4 shots on target.

Being four down inside 35 minutes means another defeat, so the second half is all about pride and damage limitation, let’s see who in a red shirt (if anyone) comes out of this with any credit.

Feel for RT on his Championship debut.

Dean presumably will introduce changes at half time although I don’t see anybody on our bench capable of influencing this mess.

ON THE POSITIVE SIDE WE DO HAVE A TEAM TO SUPPORT.

Just now, old_eastender said:

Would be really good to see Fammy hauled off and Bell given 45 mins, but Holden won't do that..

I would bring Pearson and bell on. Let’s face it it’s game over already and we could probably rest some senior players from injuries and suspensions and both players would gain some experience

1 minute ago, handsofclay said:

Same here I haven't posted anywhere near as much as I used to immediately after his appointment. It is the worst  managerial appointment in City's history. 

Pandemic football leaves me cold anyway. Watching City play pandemic football leaves me with life threatening frostbite.

Never been so disengaged with football.

4 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Yip. 

As we hit another Tinnion vs Swansea, GJ vs Cardiff, whoever itwas vs Leicester moment. 

The players are absolutely good enough. 

Gawd knows where we go next though

This has been coming for a while, Dean should never have been put in charge...and yes we know about injuries/covid etc, and yes we have good players but Deans lack of exp shows and he should be gone by this evening.

Just now, MarcusX said:

I'd have kept LJ at the time, but wanting a fresh face doesn't make it their fault. They wanted an experienced manager not Deano

I defended him before today, but this is very much his Tinnion moment. He promised us a turning point, he said he could motivate them. He clearly cant, he has to go now. I dont think he will though

Agreed. My post was tongue in cheek.  Holden has to go now

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Don't exaggerate mate. 

It's not bad enough to watch Rugby..! 

I love rugby BBS3, but I'm an idiot as I love City more.

At least with Rugby we can take pride in one Bristol based team. Why that SL backed team can succeed where his other doesn't is a whole other argument though...

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

But do you believe Ashton would admit he was wrong and that he is not qualified to be in charge of all day to day football operations? He's a walking ego.

He may not get the choice when he is having to report to SL why things are going so wrong and how its going to change.

May seem like I am defending MA but more than happy to see him go, my point was responding to soneone who said we can't sack Holden because we can't get a better manager in

Archived