IGNORED

Watford (A) - Sat 13th Feb 15:00 - Matchday thread

What will the result be?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

2. 2. How many will City score?

3. 3. How many will Watford score?

4. 4. How many shots on target will we have?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

He may not get the choice when he is having to report to SL why things are going so wrong and how its going to change.

May seem like I am defending MA but more than happy to see him go, my point was responding to soneone who said we can't sack Holden because we can't get a better manager in

Isn't the point that we will not get an experienced manager precisely because Ashton has control over football operations?

Otherwise I assume SL believes Ashton when he brags that he is doing such a great job that other clubs ask how we do it.

Certainly I would expect the man who wields the most power to be held accountable but given SL knows even less about the game than Ashton I don't have much faith that he will.

6 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

My Mrs just piped up . That’s what you get for giving him the job . Should of got someone who knew what they are doing. And she don’t know shit about football.  :laughcont:

Mate - my Mrs just wandered in, said what's the score...."already?!? That Holden needs to go" - Me, a bit surprised (we don't talk about footy) "Oh yeah, why do you say that?" - she "Well he's been pushing his luck from the start. No charisma either" ?

We're a laughing stock! How do we have about 5 injuries at LB and not manage to get someone in in January, not even on loan?!

And then today, were playing Lansbury, Massengo, and Paterson, none of which are defensive midfielders, against one of the best teams in the league. Why not play Nagy or Bakinson? I'm embarrassed today.

Sack Ashton, sack Holden.

Get in a new director of football and head coach pair that are happy to work together.

1 minute ago, 054123 said:

Should have brought Cook or Hughton in.

All this bollocks about pathways and development is a nonsense.

Just appoint someone who knows what they’re doing.

I don't believe they or any other experienced manager will come given Ashton's span of control. Appleton seems the likely next appt to me, but even he can't be worse than Holden & co, could he?

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

I hope Holden walks and calls every f****r out.

I agree. Ashton simply HAS to be booted up the road alongside him and so does anyone left at the club with a previous Mark Ashton connection. Total clear out required. If that doesn't happen then as far as I'm concerned Steve Lansdown really doesn't give that much of a crap about the football side of things.

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Getting well and truly ****** over Valentines weekend... 

... This isn't quite what I had in mind..! 

We seem to be going down without much of a fight - were you hoping for something along the same lines? :) 

I know there is a bandwagon on here for getting rid of Holden, and in a results industry he has to take his share of blame, but honestly what are his options? He may not like to use injuries as an excuse but let's be real, they are a significant factor. What else could he do other than go Vyner, Kalas and Moore at the back. RWB has to be Hunt, and Towler is the only left footed defender we've got available to play LWB. He could have played Nagy, Palmer or Bakinson in midfield, but the latter has got some right stick on here recently and Massengo deserves his chance on recent efforts. Pato and Lansbury were risks given lack of game time but their proven quality should have been a plus. Up front Semenyo is the player who can run behind and Fam gets in ahead of Nahki on recent performances and decision making 

Today has been disastrous, but apart from playing Nagy for Lansbury I don't know if I'd gave done different 

15 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Calm down Ashton told us Holden was the stand out candidate 

And you can be sure he interviewed all the other candidates with their stupid experience of managing other football teams and all their stupid successful track records, so there isn't anyone else better qualified that Holden in the whole wide world.

Archived