IGNORED

Watford (A) - Sat 13th Feb 15:00 - Matchday thread

What will the result be?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

2. 2. How many will City score?

3. 3. How many will Watford score?

4. 4. How many shots on target will we have?

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

SLs ownership has become tiresome. Aside from his cash - and, yes, I sound naive - I'm not sure what he brings. 

If clubs weren't desperate for cash all the time, SL would be considered little more than an unsuccessful football annoyance. 

Yep, the money is worth more than the man who spends it.

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

I don't believe they or any other experienced manager will come given Ashton's span of control. Appleton seems the likely next appt to me, but even he can't be worse than Holden & co, could he?

I've already said I will be renewing my season ticket but if Ashton stays and brings in ANOTHER mate of his then that's the point the club can **** off as far as I'm concerned.

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

I agree. Ashton simply HAS to be booted up the road alongside him and so does anyone left at the club with a previous Mark Ashton connection. Total clear out required. If that doesn't happen then as far as I'm concerned Steve Lansdown really doesn't give that much of a crap about the football side of things.

Sensible post but Steve L doesn't do sensible in football

1 minute ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I know there is a bandwagon on here for getting rid of Holden, and in a results industry he has to take his share of blame, but honestly what are his options? He may not like to use injuries as an excuse but let's be real, they are a significant factor. What else could he do other than go Vyner, Kalas and Moore at the back. RWB has to be Hunt, and Towler is the only left footed defender we've got available to play LWB. He could have played Nagy, Palmer or Bakinson in midfield, but the latter has got some right stick on here recently and Massengo deserves his chance on recent efforts. Pato and Lansbury were risks given lack of game time but their proven quality should have been a plus. Up front Semenyo is the player who can run behind and Fam gets in ahead of Nahki on recent performances and decision making 

Today has been disastrous, but apart from playing Nagy for Lansbury I don't know if I'd gave done different 

You have some valid points but it’s also the mangers job to motivate the players, they look like they have downed tools.

3 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

I don't believe they or any other experienced manager will come given Ashton's span of control. Appleton seems the likely next appt to me, but even he can't be worse than Holden & co, could he?

Just looking at Appleton’s stats.

I can’t imagine why any championship club would appoint him,

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

What have I missed?

A successful 15 minutes where we gave nothing away, made no mistakes  and were as good as Watford.

However, we are about to come out for the second half now.

1 minute ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I know there is a bandwagon on here for getting rid of Holden, and in a results industry he has to take his share of blame, but honestly what are his options? He may not like to use injuries as an excuse but let's be real, they are a significant factor. What else could he do other than go Vyner, Kalas and Moore at the back. RWB has to be Hunt, and Towler is the only left footed defender we've got available to play LWB. He could have played Nagy, Palmer or Bakinson in midfield, but the latter has got some right stick on here recently and Massengo deserves his chance on recent efforts. Pato and Lansbury were risks given lack of game time but their proven quality should have been a plus. Up front Semenyo is the player who can run behind and Fam gets in ahead of Nahki on recent performances and decision making 

Today has been disastrous, but apart from playing Nagy for Lansbury I don't know if I'd gave done different 

We've gone past discussing tactics and team selections though. It's obvious to all and sundry that the players have downed tools, clearly there are senior players out there that aren't having him and add in players like Moore who are woefully inadequate at this level and there's only ever one outcome then I'm afraid. I've supported Dean all the way through until now but if today ends as I think it might he's in an untenable position. I feel sorry for him tbh.

Archived