IGNORED

Watford (A) - Sat 13th Feb 15:00 - Matchday thread

What will the result be?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

2. 2. How many will City score?

3. 3. How many will Watford score?

4. 4. How many shots on target will we have?

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

In all honesty this has been coming for some time. We have looked totally outplayed in so many games this season but somehow managed to not get stuffed and even more miraculously have picked up points.

Worrying times

Exactly this!

3 minutes ago, chinapig said:

We were told the players wanted him to get the job. When that happens my suspicion is that they think he is a pushover who will give then an easy ride. The same happened with Millen.

Indeed. All this ‘’Deano’’ crap from the off was never a good sign either. Once again the soft underbelly of Bristol City rears its head again, this club is far too cosey and nice and has been for years.

2 minutes ago, Taz said:

That's one of the issues. When your goalkeeper is one of, if not thr best player of the season, then you're not in a good place.

Last time a goalkeeper had such a standout season for us? Tom Heaton. I don't need to tell you what happened next.....

Tells us all we need to know about the rest of the team, getting broke down over and over again.

Worrying to think how much worst off we’d be without Bentley

Just now, Atticus said:

I want Ashton gone as much as the next guy, but sadly cannot see that happening. 

We were chatting here. Doesn’t Ashton work in some capacity for the FA? Surely him continuing to do so would mean he has to be attached to a club, unless he gets some sort of promotion within that role. Therefore we are going to have to put up with him leeching off us as it’s serving his interests. 

In short any manager worth his salt won’t come here to work with Ashton and we can’t seem to progress without the help of managerial experience. But I can’t see SteveL sacking Ashton and having to fill that role and a new manager at the same time, especially in this seasons circumstances.

2 minutes ago, bris red said:

Indeed. All this ‘’Deano’’ crap from the off was never a good sign either. Once again the soft underbelly of Bristol City rears its head again, this club is far too cosey and nice and has been for years.

I assumed 'Deano' was a wind up until I realised some of the posters were genuine!

16 minutes ago, Street red said:

Then he should join the rest of the sh** coaches legend or not!! Been on the cards for ages.

12 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

Love the bloke but Tinnion “not seeing this coming” explains why he never made it as a manager.

What did you expect him to say? Absolutely no way he could have said "ah yes this has been on the cards for weeks" and go against his employer

You could tell by listening to him and watching his reaction he's gutted and probably has seen this coming.

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

I was there! GJ had some credit in the bank though...

in fairness he only lasted a few weeks after the Cardiff one. Today was that Cardiff moment. Absolutely outplayed, no fight, no passion. As someone on the radio said, not even enough fouls or bookings. I dont want to see my players kicking lumps out of people but I want them to look like they care and see a reaction.

I've come on as a sub at 7-0 down (that manager was as clueless as this one) and I put in a damn sight better effort than any of them today despite the game being over. You want to show your frustration if you care.

32 minutes ago, pl00peh91 said:

Harsh. He’s probably not going the best character to be captain as he’s not vocal enough but he’s been one of the few bright parts of our season 

We lost 6:0. He is not vocal enough. It’s up to him to motivate and organize and he will be in conversation with the manager and coaching team that others won’t. He is not a captain. If you think he’s been playing this ok that’s fine. But captain material. Never!

1 hour ago, Daniro said:

And you can be sure he interviewed all the other candidates with their stupid experience of managing other football teams and all their stupid successful track records, so there isn't anyone else better qualified that Holden in the whole wide world.

But in interview he might have been. I bet nearly all of us, especially those who have worked in a white collar environment, can look around the workplace and wonder how the **** did he/she get that job. Answer, because they had the minimum qualifications required to apply but they interviewed well. Clichéd or not they went in with confidence and said all the right things. 

Archived