IGNORED

Watford (A) - Sat 13th Feb 15:00 - Matchday thread

What will the result be?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

2. 2. How many will City score?

3. 3. How many will Watford score?

4. 4. How many shots on target will we have?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Would rather be brave than have 5 defenders that will probably play like 5 defenders with a pretty weak 3 in front of them.

I think it will be 352 though. 

It will be 352.

Re Towler, just saying we've never seen Towler as a LB.

Re Lansbury, lets wait and see what he plays like in a 3 in front of a back 3....his debut was in a 433 and Holden got the whole set-up completely wrong imho.

2 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

I hope Towler gets some support against Sarr today.

Could be a tough watch and I got everything crossed for him.

One of those games where it depends whether Sema and Sarr play on our WBs or side-CBs.  Sarr will probably want to plays in the space between Moore and Towler.  Sema will probably up against Hunt rather than Vyner.

Therefore Vyner "in possession" is crucial today, as he is likely to be "spare" more often than not.  If he can force Hughes, Chalobah or Cleverley out of position to free Paterson or get it into Semenyo, then I see some encouragement in that aspect.  On the other side, Massengo needs to be a constant "inside" passing option for Moore, to avoid us being squeezed to the touchline.

Lets see if we suss out when our extra man evolves in possession.

Simpson just said Lansbury has Pato and Han ahead of him.

Lansbury solo holding? He almost got sent off last time caus he can't tackle or keep up with play... Has to be much better if he's in that 6 role. Hope game 1 was just rust.

Massengo now being an 8 makes a joke of Holden's early season selection and pecking order IMO.

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yep I know what you meant. It will be 352 and it would be more of a gamble for Towler being left back than left wing back. 

Yeah it could be better for Lansbury with an extra centre back. Just want to see him further forward. And we have options in Nagy and Bakinson who's best roles are in that position. Vyner done bloody well too in midfield and could have gone Mapps centre back.

I think Massengo and Pato will have to have great games too today if we want to get anything out of it. Lansbury will need support but so will Fam and Semenyo. 

Yes, important he doesn't just sit, will leave Pato and HNM with a lot to do.  Got to play as a three, and progress together.  Wouldn't surprise me if it becomes a bit lop-sided.  Massengo LM, Lansbury CM, Pato RAM....if that makes sense???

Just now, Prinny said:

Simpson just said Lansbury has Pato and Han ahead of him.

Lansbury solo holding? He almost got sent off last time caus he can't tackle or keep up with play... Has to be much better if he's in that 6 role. Hope game 1 was just rust.

Massengo now being an 8 makes a joke of Holden's early season selection and pecking order IMO.

Do you think HNM looks sharper / quicker than a couple of months ago.  Did bulk-building and Covid have an effect.  Not trying to make excuses, just looks so much more like his early games here last season of late????

8 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Yes, sorry your right, Hadwin has just mentioned it on RB, like, you never heard of it before. I was sure Simpson or whoever it was in the RB interview said tight.

It’s probably a typo but I prefer tired to be honest . It’s like they’re trying different ways of disguising a hamstring strain. 

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

It’s probably a typo but I prefer tired to be honest . It’s like they’re trying different ways of disguising a hamstring strain. 

If it's a strain that's great news, relatively speaking. Two to three weeks, job done. The problem we have is all our injuries are tears or ruptures.

6 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Did we not go to a back 4 after Mawson's dismissal  on weds?

For a couple of minutes until Zak dropped back in I thought?

Like Vicarage Road personally, been there once before, nice enclosed stadium, gives a feeling similar to Deepdale in that regard which I like too.

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Do you think HNM looks sharper / quicker than a couple of months ago.  Did bulk-building and Covid have an effect.  Not trying to make excuses, just looks so much more like his early games here last season of late????

I think it looks like he's going all out and when he burns out he gets taken off. Which is fine, we have the increased subs.

He's started fast then disappeared IMO. Brentford performance was great, people were talking about him so much, but I thought he completely fell off in the game.  Has he really played well for more than ~25 minutes yet? He was part of the bad bits of Brentford too, didn't turn up vs Cardiff, Millwall, Derby, Sheff Utd were all sub appearances.

Gonna watch his energy levels today. If we see a good Han Noah 30-45 and after half time I'll start believing he's more back to last season. But last season we were trying to make him into post injury Korey Smith, he wasn't running around that much. Brentford was markedly different in terms of style for me. Can he run around for 60 minutes as Hulk Noah Massengo?

Archived