IGNORED

Robins TV

Meh

46 minutes ago, phantom said:

Out of interest does anyone know if there is any way I can connect to my TV and not have a stuttering screen? 

If I have a full picture on my laptop my TV image stutters, but if I have the screen with black around edges (before expanding) the image onto my TV is fine 

I have the same problem , works perfect on phone but when connect phone to tv picture freezes but sound is perfect. Anybody have similar ?

1 hour ago, phantom said:

I've given up.

Emailed for a refund 

Good luck with that.

Is it just us who have a poor online service or is across the board?

I’m no techy but don’t have any problems with any other on line stuff, what exactly are our IT people doing?

• Admin
3 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

Red button games are in front of Robins TV time wise.

Usually about 30 seconds.

4 hours ago, andy114 said:

No problems with it at all. I can't be doing with techno problems at my age. 

I find Robins TV through my PC is better than the Red Button and not so far behind real time

What's a PC?

I found that if you refresh the page or even come off the page then go back on ,it worked ok.  My biggest gripe was with the commentator (Toby) who spent so much time mentioning Rooney at every opportunity. The camera man seemed to have a love in with Rooney too. 

Yesterday’s camera feed was worse than usual - if there is a producer who decides how many and when to play replays - they need to realise that watching the live game is more important.

The number of times we were shown numerous replays of something, only to go back to the game with the ball in a totally different area of the pitch than when we left.

Please stop all these replays - perhaps once at most .. unless there is a stop in play.

• Admin
On 30/01/2021 at 16:02, phantom said:

I've given up.

Emailed for a refund 

Has anyone emailed them before? 

I got what was basically an out of office reply at the time but had no contact since.

I would have thought a week on I would have had some contact? 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Has anyone emailed them before? 

I got what was basically an out of office reply at the time but had no contact since.

I would have thought a week on I would have had some contact? 

I had a follow up email on Monday afternoon after asking again;

The answer was basically,  we've checked our end, nothing wrong, must be your shit broadband, sorry no refund. 

I'll give it one more go for the Cardiff game tomorrow 

8 hours ago, myol'man said:

I had a follow up email on Monday afternoon after asking again;

The answer was basically,  we've checked our end, nothing wrong, must be your shit broadband, sorry no refund. 

I'll give it one more go for the Cardiff game tomorrow 

I had that originally, but ran a speed test and reporting back the upload and download rate and they refunded me.

Of the games so far I think I have applied for, and received 2 refunds (it might be 3).

If you want to run a speed test and try that route, just Google 'speedtest' and it'll be obvious.

You can use the same data to then moan at your broadband supplier that you are getting nothing like the advertised speed you are paying for.

On 30/01/2021 at 15:44, daored said:

I have the same problem , works perfect on phone but when connect phone to tv picture freezes but sound is perfect. Anybody have similar ?

On 30/01/2021 at 14:55, phantom said:

Out of interest does anyone know if there is any way I can connect to my TV and not have a stuttering screen? 

If I have a full picture on my laptop my TV image stutters, but if I have the screen with black around edges (before expanding) the image onto my TV is fine 

It's an intermittent issue for me and one that has improved since I got my new laptop. It has something to do with compression rates and that your laptop/phone is both receiving and broadcasting at the same time. Faster laptops with greater chip speed will deal with it better.

Whilst I appreciate constructive criticism, I honestly can’t see what the issue is.

I pay £10 so my family can watch city play.

Its a bargain. It’s nice that the club have tried to build a bit of a ‘programme’ around it, but it’s really not important. Given their resources, I’m not expecting anything more than coverage of the game with some comprehensible commentary.

Technical issues should be addressed and I think the club do refund where there are issues. 

Apart from that it’s fine.

2 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Whilst I appreciate constructive criticism, I honestly can’t see what the issue is.

I pay £10 so my family can watch city play.

Its a bargain. It’s nice that the club have tried to build a bit of a ‘programme’ around it, but it’s really not important. Given their resources, I’m not expecting anything more than coverage of the game with some comprehensible commentary.

Technical issues should be addressed and I think the club do refund where there are issues. 

Apart from that it’s fine.

This ^ i don't bother watching the build up (but I appreciate that they bother) and I rarely listen to their half time analysis.

If you want high production values, watch Sky Sports, if you want to watch City, watch RobinsTV.

Never had a problem with the technical side. Production is obviously going to be in City’s favour and biased, so no surprises there. One gripe was when they kept cutting to ‘experts’ when the ball was in play - some bloke sitting next to a house plant every 5 mins 

Its just the guff on the pitch really so happy to settle for Radio Bristol, that I think is excellent 

25 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

I’d like to complain about the piss poor host peter trego who has no clue was he’s saying most of the time and always has to prompt himself with his giant note pad. Really hard to watch pre-match and at half time with him talking nonsense

I know that she’s the devil incarnate on here but Lisa Knights is a good anchor on match days.

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

Just had message to update app. At last! I thought.

Updated it and the first article I scroll down to..........

“Countdown to Christmas” 

Hee hee. Up to date for me (seems to be more up to date on the phone than the iPad). Even has the Brentford match highlights on the phone. There’s a full match tab as well - I may be wrong but think that’s new - Derby and Huddersfield in full (unfortunately!)

55 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

I’d like to complain about the piss poor host peter trego who has no clue was he’s saying most of the time and always has to prompt himself with his giant note pad. Really hard to watch pre-match and at half time with him talking nonsense

Think Trego is probably a case of the club trying to help out a local(ish) lad, lots of cricketers through the winter at the back ends of their careers spend the winter doing other jobs to develop skills for after their pro career. For a guy whose never done professional hosting/anchoring I don't think he does an awful job, you can tell he's not comfortable/natural but that would come with experience 

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

A lot more professional than the dour and dreary Gary Owers on RB..........jeez.......he’s depressing 

He’s a good man with interesting opinions and very knowledgeable about the game.  It’s a shame you find him depressing, I always rather look forward to hearing what he has to say.

Archived