IGNORED

Robins TV

Meh

4 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

He’s a good man with interesting opinions and very knowledgeable about the game.  It’s a shame you find him depressing, I always rather look forward to hearing what he has to say.

Because I watch all the games on Robinstv these days I miss listening to Owers.  Talks, summarises a very good game.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

It's an intermittent issue for me and one that has improved since I got my new laptop. It has something to do with compression rates and that your laptop/phone is both receiving and broadcasting at the same time. Faster laptops with greater chip speed will deal with it better.

Thanks , not very technical so means very little to me! Strange because we do joe wicks live and have no problem with using cable, as also watched cup game against Pompey with no problem either! But for some reason doesn’t work well with RobinsTv

10 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Think Trego is probably a case of the club trying to help out a local(ish) lad, lots of cricketers through the winter at the back ends of their careers spend the winter doing other jobs to develop skills for after their pro career. For a guy whose never done professional hosting/anchoring I don't think he does an awful job, you can tell he's not comfortable/natural but that would come with experience 

Agree he is just inexperienced. I remember Kelly Cates being pretty awful when she started off but is now highly competent.

That said I’d still sack him and replace him with somebody from a cricket team that actually plays in Bristol ?

13 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

He’s a good man with interesting opinions and very knowledgeable about the game.  It’s a shame you find him depressing, I always rather look forward to hearing what he has to say.

He was co-commentator on RB when City lost at Derby. He was incredibly negative on pretty much every aspect of Citys play.

Sure it was an unimpressive performance but not necessary for him to repeatedly point out what City weren’t doing.

He came over as downbeat and dreary 

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

He was co-commentator on RB when City lost at Derby. He was incredibly negative on pretty much every aspect of Citys play.

Sure it was an unimpressive performance but not necessary for him to repeatedly point out what City weren’t doing.

He came over as downbeat and dreary 

That's already understatement of the decade

I think those complaining about the camera angles and excessive replays are being harsh, it seems quite obvious to me that they are working off the feed for the EFL highlights TV show, I am sure they get no say in any of the content.

The most obvious example was a couple of games ago when the 3nd half started with about 2 minutes from a camera behind the goal. Even the commentator mentioned it was nothing to do with them.

23 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I think those complaining about the camera angles and excessive replays are being harsh, it seems quite obvious to me that they are working off the feed for the EFL highlights TV show, I am sure they get no say in any of the content.

The most obvious example was a couple of games ago when the 3nd half started with about 2 minutes from a camera behind the goal. Even the commentator mentioned it was nothing to do with them.

The bonus was an extra 45 minutes of action though...............................

55 minutes ago, eardun said:

Hee hee. Up to date for me (seems to be more up to date on the phone than the iPad). Even has the Brentford match highlights on the phone. There’s a full match tab as well - I may be wrong but think that’s new - Derby and Huddersfield in full (unfortunately!)

Yes, iPad seems to be worse though to be fair Robins tv is now up to date. Though there’s still no easy click on option to pay for today’s game. You’d expect that to be the main feature, click on and pay for today’s stream!

I watch Robins TV through my PC and have no issues at all. I've watched every game, apart from the games I can watch on Sky or Sky red button. I think O Dowda was the least interesting/comfortable in the role. Tinnion, Gilmartin and Wiemann were all good. On Radio Bristol, I think Owers and Honor are both very good.

• Admin
13 hours ago, myol'man said:

I had a follow up email on Monday afternoon after asking again;

The answer was basically,  we've checked our end, nothing wrong, must be your shit broadband, sorry no refund. 

I'll give it one more go for the Cardiff game tomorrow 

Problem for me is I watch by the same method, oh well.

See what happens today 

What does my head with Robins TV is the continual showing of inconsequential replies when the game is in progress.  And don’t get me started on the shots of Dean Holden and his opposite number when the game is live.

FFS concentrate on the game.

2 minutes ago, The dastardly red said:

I refuse to pay for Robins tv until we get some decent piped in crowd noise.

How hard can it be to create some fake atmosphere with cheering, booing and singing at appropriate points in the game?

They have. They invested millions in the 'crowd reacts to the entertainment value of the game' system.

This is why you haven't heard anything this season.

Archived