IGNORED

Chickens home to roost.

TomThumb84

Right, for all of you expecting a reactionary and emotional post, congratulations - here it is:

That was a disgrace. But do not kid yourselves it was a freak result or one off. Anyone with half a footballing brain can see that has been coming for months. We are appalling and the club has become rotten, today crystallised it and that is a culmination of poor recruitment, a poor choice of manager, and a group of players without a clue/motivation/direction - some of them almost unbelievably going through the motions, pretending, and even worse being allowed to do so.

Look at the body language of our captain. Completely disillusioned and frustrated.

Does anyone still want to challenge the lunacy of not signing a left-back? I thought it may happen and hoped it would not, but it was almost cruel to put young Towler in that today.

We finished the game with one recruit from both windows finishing the game - a centre half in his swansong at left-back, and he knows he was not considered good enough there a week ago.

Accountability needed now.

I posted last week in anger and frustration, tonight I am sad and a bit numb. Despite the best intentions of Robins TV (Party Political Broadcast for the Club, apart from Tins who occasionally forgot he was an employee and let his football brain kick-in), forget Covid, injuries, all of that. This was a shambles of our own making.

Worst thing is it is almost impossible to see a change now without complete upheaval.

1 minute ago, TomThumb84 said:

Right, for all of you expecting a reactionary and emotional post, congratulations - here it is:

That was a disgrace. But do not kid yourselves it was a freak result or one off. Anyone with half a footballing brain can see that has been coming for months. We are appalling and the club has become rotten, today crystallised it and that is a culmination of poor recruitment, a poor choice of manager, and a group of players without a clue/motivation/direction - some of them almost unbelievably going through the motions, pretending, and even worse being allowed to do so.

Look at the body language of our captain. Completely disillusioned and frustrated.

Does anyone still want to challenge the lunacy of not signing a left-back? I thought it may happen and hoped it would not, but it was almost cruel to put young Towler in that today.

We finished the game with one recruit from both windows finishing the game - a centre half in his swansong at left-back, and he knows he was not considered good enough there a week ago.

I posted last week in anger and frustration, tonight I am sad and a bit numb. Despite the best intentions of Robins TV (Party Political Broadcast for the Club, apart from Tins who occasionally forgot he was an employee and let his football brain kick-in), forget Covid, injuries, all of that. This was a shambles of our own making.

Worst thing is it is almost impossible to see a change now without complete upheaval.

Spot on

And just on Kalas - Really wanted him here but as a senior player and International he’s been an awful captain and ‘leader’ - providing a very poor example

- Never mind , in his Lamborghini to drive home

Makes my blood boil

2 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Agree with every word. Appointing Holden was the equivalent of standing in the middle of the motorway fast lane, seeing a juggernaut coming in the distance and expecting not to be mowed down. Unbelievable.

Been saying it since Holdens appointment. 

A rudderless ship run by businessmen without a footballing brain between them. 

Mediocrity rules. A shambles of a club. Steve Lansdown needs to wake up and smell the coffee before we're in a relegation battle because it's coming. 

A sad, sorry excuse for a football club 

I agree with you.  Seems as though that we have sold players for a lot of money, and replaced them with older injury prone players.  The rot starts at the very top.  Ideally, Mark Ashton needs to go, followed by Jon Lansdown, Dean Holden and the two coaches.  I would put the Tinman in until the end of the season, purely to keep us up (assuming he would take it)  We then need to use the time to recruit a Director of Football and a Manager who would work with him.  I wonder whether Stephen Lansdown will consider whether he wants to go through a rebuild, or sell up?

This one's for Brian Tinnion, Mark Ashton, and Jon and Steve Lansdown,  on behalf of the vast majority of City fans who foresaw this back in August when the club appointed a rookie who didn't even look convincing in the games he'd been temporarily in charge for.

Soulless club, rotten from the top bleeding onto the pitch.

Holden took a chance he would never get anywhere else and - in your face.  None of us blame him for seizing the opportunity but none of us like to see our team at such a low.  Mr Lansdown may as well throw his money at a another sport - hang on a minute he already has but they Don't have Ashton as CEO and look how they are doing!!!!

6 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

Employee quote. Shameful from a legend. Tell us the truth Tins cos we're being taken for mugs by your boss 

He does not mean it. Club legend and a decent football brain but we all saw this coming.

The joke of taking 6 weeks to appoint Lee Johnsons assistant manager because we (Ashton/Lansdown) did not want anyone else, and no-one else wanted it (because of Aston/Lansdown) is now becoming woefully exposed.

I felt for Dean Holden to begin with, now I am becoming irritated by him.

Playing youth gives an excuse for not being able to coach/get the best out of seasoned expensive professionals.

Forget injuries, we had Nagy, Palmer, and Wells on the bench that we do not have a clue what to do with.

Abhorrent football club even for us long term supporters right now despite how much you try to look at the positives.

22 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Spot on , too many deluded happy clappers on this forum with the injuries and covid excuses , today was pathetic 

Was constantly getting shot down when saying anything remotely negative after a lucky win. These people seemed to have gone quiet or had enough too.

If the football was alot better there wouldn't be half as much criticism after a result like today. But its clear to see ( which is no surprise considering he's been part of the problem for the last two years) that DH has no idea to get this team playing. The team has no philosophy on the pitch and I have no idea what the CLUB is trying to achieve off it. 

I can't belive at what SL has achieved in business. Because when it comes to running a football club he is useless.

Honest although hyperthetical question. Would SL appoint someone in the business world with such little qualifications? Or who's been failing for the last two years. No chance.

Stubbornness or maybe more arrogance.

I'll never forget him saying it his his money so he can do what he bloody likes.

2 minutes ago, Zed@BCFC said:

Soulless club, rotten from the top bleeding onto the pitch.

Holden took a chance he would never get anywhere else and - in your face.  None of us blame him for seizing the opportunity but none of us like to see our team at such a low.  Mr Lansdown may as well throw his money at a another sport - hang on a minute he already has but they Don't have Ashton as CEO and look how they are doing!!!!

Soulless is a really good description of city at the moment.

20 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Agree with every word. Appointing Holden was the equivalent of standing in the middle of the motorway fast lane, seeing a juggernaut coming in the distance and expecting not to be mowed down. Unbelievable.

I have to disagree with you there, when have Bristol City ever been in the fast lane. We would be in the left hand lane .

1 minute ago, TomThumb84 said:

He does not mean it. Club legend and a decent football brain but we all saw this coming.

The joke of taking 6 weeks to appoint Lee Johnsons assistant manager because we (Ashton/Lansdown) did not want anyone else, and no-one else wanted it (because of Aston/Lansdown) is now becoming woefully exposed.

I felt for Dean Holden to begin with, now I am becoming irritated by him.

Playing youth gives an excuse for not being able to coach/get the best out of seasoned expensive professionals.

Forget injuries, we had Nagy, Palmer, and Wells on the bench that we do not have a clue what to do with.

Abhorrent football club even for us long term supporters right now despite how much you try to look at the positives.

Holden has to date struck me as a decent man but I really think, if that is the case, it is time for him to admit he has bitten off more than he can chew. The best thing all round would be a mutual agreement for the club to pay up his contract, shake hands and wish him well elsewhere. 

19 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Spot on

And just on Kalas - Really wanted him here but as a senior player and International he’s been an awful captain and ‘leader’ - providing a very poor example

- Never mind , in his Lamborghini to drive home

Makes my blood boil

I reckon he was only made captain cos he's our most expensive player. Can't  have been down to character traits that shouted "leader".

Trouble is we have put together a squad full of such non leaders, introverts if you will. I remember at the start of the season struggling to pick a captain - where's  the next Korey Smith, Bailey Wright even. There's  a reason Johnson bought Wright and it wasn't  because he was a brilliant defender

3 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

I have to disagree with you there, when have Bristol City ever been in the fast lane. We would be in the left hand lane .

No as a club we are on the hard shoulder of a smart motorway, completely unaware of the actual danger we are in. Clueless and soulless sum it up so well.

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

Holden has to date struck me as a decent man but I really think, if that is the case, it is time for him to admit he has bitten off more than he can chew. The best thing all round would be a mutual agreement for the club to pay up his contract, shake hands and wish him well elsewhere. 

Agree but elsewhere where?

Imagine you are Dean Holden, where do you go after here as a manager/head coach?

Almost unbelievable dream job this is for him, unlikely to ever come along at this level again. He will cling on until sacked, which won’t happen unless I am completely wrong, as the spin machine categorically declared him as the right man - in the entire footballing world - what a mess. 

Ignoring the injuries (we have to) - where is the coaching?

We cannot simply say "we go again" after another dreadful performance.

Any Manager must be capable of making in game changes - I just cannot see it here.

You cannot simply hope that things will come good - if there is no evidence or plan to make this happen.

This is what is so depressing - I just do not believe Holden has the experience or capability to do this? Sure any manager worth his salt would have tried to shut up shop at 4-0.

Holden just seems to pick a team - it performs poorly and then pick another team ("we go again in this league") to perform equally poorly.

There is no plan - just look at Kasey - we recall him, he plays, he struggles, we replace him (with HL), he struggles. We don't pick Nagy, then have no-one else, so he plays (and plays well), then he is dropped and not even seen as good as an average young centre back played out of position, and then we go again and again.. 

Where is the strategy and coaching?

26 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

We could have appointed Jürgen Klopp problem being with our squad we'd now be looking at one extra tall and very thin German spread all over the carriageway.

Holden isn't great, but he isn't the problem. As some of us have been banging on for 3 years or more this is the 'carousel of crap' accumulated under WeeLee. Now you can blame him, or Ashton. Me? I blame them both in equal proportion.

10 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Was constantly getting shot down when saying anything remotely negative after a lucky win. These people seemed to have gone quiet or had enough too.

If the football was alot better there wouldn't be half as much criticism after a result like today. But its clear to see ( which is no surprise considering he's been part of the problem for the last two years) that DH has no idea to get this team playing. The team has no philosophy on the pitch and I have no idea what the CLUB is trying to achieve off it. 

I can't belive at what SL has achieved in business. Because when it comes to running a football club he is useless.

Honest although hyperthetical question. Would SL appoint someone in the business world with such little qualifications? Or who's been failing for the last two years. No chance.

Stubbornness or maybe more arrogance.

I'll never forget him saying it his his money so he can do what he bloody likes.

Exactly I remember after we beat Preston and millwall a certain few on here were absolutely creaming themselves, I said we beat two poor sides and got shot down

Archived