IGNORED

Chickens home to roost.

TomThumb84

Can we stop saying that he's a good bloke or words to the effect... I couldn't care less. Maybe he needs to be more ruthless... Good ol' Dean Holden... My arse. I want a manager / coach to be feared rather than be one of the lads.. deano etc... I for one think he's bland... Just seems more of a supporter... I still think he can't believe how he's got the gig... Nor can thousands others...

5 hours ago, SouthStand Sandwich said:

Can we stop saying that he's a good bloke or words to the effect... I couldn't care less. Maybe he needs to be more ruthless... Good ol' Dean Holden... My arse. I want a manager / coach to be feared rather than be one of the lads.. deano etc... I for one think he's bland... Just seems more of a supporter... I still think he can't believe how he's got the gig... Nor can thousands others...

The god awful commentator yesterday said "City need some leadership now" at the exact moment that the camera cut to Holden (yes, with his hands in his pockets) looking for all the world as if he had just been dragged in off the street.

10 hours ago, TomThumb84 said:

The 6-0 at Tranmere was promotion season and Robbie Carnage Turner got sent off for manslaughter nearly. We were the best side in the league by far and still the fans were apoplectic I recall.

Shows how far we have been numbed to this nonsense.

I was there. Wasn`t it John Pender that got sent off and Robbie stretchered off? Chucked it down all night and we were on that open end at Prenton Park.

Mind you, Tranmere had some side back then - Nixon, Brannan, Challinor, Morrissey, Muir and several others.

12 hours ago, petehinton said:

He absolutely has to win Tuesday. Otherwise I think it’s curtains. You can’t lose a derby and then lose 6-0 and then lose again after that. Says a lot about what the players think of him if so. 

Winning would be much worse than losing. 

Oddly messers Ashton and Lansdown Snr are now in a bit of a pickle.

Whatever happens Holden has to go as do the coaching staff. The longer they leave it and the worse it gets the more incompetent they look.

Bristol Post is being openly critical. Ashton had a torrid time in the interview with GT on Radio Briz.

The recent signings are desperate and not in line with the clubs supposed policy of players with re sale value.

Players are just going through the motions. They don't care they aren't trying.

No leadership on the pitch, by the coaching staff or by the top brass off it.

A club in freefall.

And the longer they leave it the more they look like they dont care. After all they created this. Appoint Holden ("outstanding candidate"), appoint two England coaches, sign a number of journeymen players. Ashton and the Lansdowns thought this was a great idea. Maybe they still do.

However if SL wants prem football in his lifetime he needs to take a long hard look at what has gone on. Because the club has gone backwards at an astounding rate. 

The rot has set in

What gets me from this 6:0 defeat is;

1) The lack of leadership on the pitch.

2) The abject schoolboy defending. 3) The inability to string a couple of passes together.

4) The aimlessly lumping it long.

5) The inability to win a tackle.

1) The head coach should be looking for leadership qualities, those that set an example, those that stand out. I don't see it in Kalas or Jack Hunt. Diedhiou, no, he's looking after himself. The only one is Williams, possibly COD or even Pato so there's no leadership there at all. That's down to the coach to instil.

2) This really is down to the Head Coach. Training positional play, organisation. Even if we put 5 there we're still chasing shadows. That's poor coaching.

3) That's players playing with no confidence whatsoever. Irrespective of injuries you play, you support, you encourage. None of that yesterday.

4) There's no outlet, no help as the players are left to sort it themselves. No cohesive play as its chopped and changed every match.

5) No confidence and not having any belief. Trying to eek out a result.

I don't get this "nice bloke" image. He took the job and no one can blame him but he's clearly lost the dressing room and when that happens there's mercifully only one outcome. So there maybe some good to come out of this in that this group of players need more of a tough guy approach to get the best out of them.

3 minutes ago, Swede said:

2) The abject schoolboy defending. 3) The inability to string a couple of passes together.

1) The head coach should be looking for leadership qualities, those that set an example, those that stand out. I don't see it in Kalas or Jack Hunt. Diedhiou, no, he's looking after himself. The only one is Williams, possibly COD or even Pato so there's no leadership there at all. That's down to the coach to instil.

2) This really is down to the Head Coach. Training positional play, organisation. Even if we put 5 there we're still chasing shadows. That's poor coaching.

3) That's players playing with no confidence whatsoever. Irrespective of injuries you play, you support, you encourage. None of that yesterday.

4) There's no outlet, no help as the players are left to sort it themselves. No cohesive play as its chopped and changed every match.

I don't get this "nice bloke" image. He took the job and no one can blame him but he's clearly lost the dressing room and when that happens there's mercifully only one outcome. So there maybe some good to come out of this in that this group of players need more of a tough guy approach to get the best out of them.

Good post.

I do wonder what the mindset of the squad is just now.

You would like to think that they are having meetings amongst themselves trying to work out what they can do to improve the situation or, are they comfortable on their nice contracts and are going through the motions.

OR, they realize this is going to come to an end soon and have downed tools.

51 minutes ago, Swede said:

If we're looking to COD or 'Pato' for leadership we might as well accept relegation now.  The only possible leader in our side is Williams.

17 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

The resident apologists are as bad as the ones making shite decisions

image.jpeg

Agreed. Can you imagine, say, Newcastle fans taking the kind of fluff we’re served up lying down. 

We roll over and say thank you Mr Lansdown, how much Mr Lansdown, tickle my belly Mr Lansdown. 

Makes me feel sick. 

19 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Spot on

And just on Kalas - Really wanted him here but as a senior player and International he’s been an awful captain and ‘leader’ - providing a very poor example

- Never mind , in his Lamborghini to drive home

Makes my blood boil

first class kalas seems to get away with just how bad he is playing,overated and just goes to show how good Webster was

Just now, big dosser said:

first class kalas seems to get away with just how bad he is playing,overated and just goes to show how good Webster was

Yes undoubtedly Webster made Kalas look better , but that’s what good partnerships do and they complimented each other and worked well together

Kalas is undoubtedly a ‘committed warrior’ , rather than cool and efficient 

He does have some obvious attributed but stool alone in some sense he doesn’t look anything particularly great - He’s one that needs a good partner to compliment his approach and way of playing

Whats dissapointed me more is his apparent lack of leadership and organisation but that may lead back to his main attribute (Warrior) 

3 hours ago, rednotblue said:

Oddly messers Ashton and Lansdown Snr are now in a bit of a pickle.

Whatever happens Holden has to go as do the coaching staff. The longer they leave it and the worse it gets the more incompetent they look.

Bristol Post is being openly critical. Ashton had a torrid time in the interview with GT on Radio Briz.

The recent signings are desperate and not in line with the clubs supposed policy of players with re sale value.

Players are just going through the motions. They don't care they aren't trying.

No leadership on the pitch, by the coaching staff or by the top brass off it.

A club in freefall.

And the longer they leave it the more they look like they dont care. After all they created this. Appoint Holden ("outstanding candidate"), appoint two England coaches, sign a number of journeymen players. Ashton and the Lansdowns thought this was a great idea. Maybe they still do.

However if SL wants prem football in his lifetime he needs to take a long hard look at what has gone on. Because the club has gone backwards at an astounding rate. 

The rot has set in

When I saw the accounts published recently I saw signs of 2012 creeping in.  After the past few weeks I fear that it’s actually here.  Holden won’t survive this, I just can’t see it, and I think we need a Cook-type manager to come in soon, assess, and then drive what might be the most important summer in a decade.

1 hour ago, Swede said:

Agree about Willians, and the rest of the post....although I dislike the “lost the dressing room” bit.

I am glad we’ve not committed new contracts.  Overhaul required.  That is a failure on the CEO and those under him.  Good “management” does not necessitate overhauls 

3 minutes ago, big dosser said:

Don’t get me wrong Webster was very good, but I think the role Pack played in front of them was very important.  We’ve not replaced that element of Pack’s game / role.  I think Williams may have that in his game.  He reminds me of Brownhill, and I though Josh was mature in containing his natural game last season when Massengo first came in.  Williams may have to do the same, when available.

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

Yes undoubtedly Webster made Kalas look better , but that’s what good partnerships do and they complimented each other and worked well together

Kalas is undoubtedly a ‘committed warrior’ , rather than cool and efficient 

He does have some obvious attributed but stool alone in some sense he doesn’t look anything particularly great - He’s one that needs a good partner to compliment his approach and way of playing

Whats dissapointed me more is his apparent lack of leadership and organisation but that may lead back to his main attribute (Warrior) 

i like the word committed warrior just haven't seen one for so many years. We all no we need a warrior, leader or as i like to say a general but why cant the club see it. giving time i think we have some good young lads but they need player to help them out ,a player to look up to.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

When I saw the accounts published recently I saw signs of 2012 creeping in.  After the past few weeks I fear that it’s actually here.  Holden won’t survive this, I just can’t see it, and I think we need a Cook-type manager to come in soon, assess, and then drive what might be the most important summer in a decade.

Agree about Willians, and the rest of the post....although I dislike the “lost the dressing room” bit.

I am glad we’ve not committed new contracts.  Overhaul required.  That is a failure on the CEO and those under him.  Good “management” does not necessitate overhauls 

Don’t get me wrong Webster was very good, but I think the role Pack played in front of them was very important.  We’ve not replaced that element of Pack’s game / role.  I think Williams may have that in his game.  He reminds me of Brownhill, and I though Josh was mature in containing his natural game last season when Massengo first came in.  Williams may have to do the same, when available.

Good points Dave , particularly the Pack influence

7 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I was there. Wasn`t it John Pender that got sent off and Robbie stretchered off? Chucked it down all night and we were on that open end at Prenton Park.

Mind you, Tranmere had some side back then - Nixon, Brannan, Challinor, Morrissey, Muir and several others.

May have been Pender the Defender but always thought it was deffo Robbie Elbows who got the red. 

Still my fave City side of all time.

55 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

May have been Pender the Defender but always thought it was deffo Robbie Elbows who got the red. 

Still my fave City side of all time.

Similar to Division One team of the 70’s, spot the superstar... tricky (maybe Super Bob notwithstanding), search for the players prepared to give everything and work to a system, everywhere. Another (obvious) connection between those two teams, two of the three best managers we’ve had in the last 50 years in my view (Cooper being the 3rd). 

Archived