IGNORED

Most worrying thing is I don't even care anymore

DaveF

Just now, DaveF said:

Does anyone else feel like this? I thought I would be annoyed but I actually don't care that we lost 6-0 which is pretty bad...

Completely disconnected from the club at the moment!

I care and so do you.

What we both realise is that we are customers whose views don’t carry any sway with the people who own and run the club.

1 minute ago, DaveF said:

Does anyone else feel like this? I thought I would be annoyed but I actually don't care that we lost 6-0 which is pretty bad...

Absolutely agree, and that's after 50 odd years.

That's the Pandemic  - we all feel a little distant and the hurt is not quite so bad as we are not there, some us making long journeys, forking our loads of dosh home and away etc

It would all kick us in the teeth in we were allowed back and had slipped into trouble and face Div 1 again - for now there is perhaps an element of remoteness 

3 minutes ago, DaveF said:

I wish I didn't care. However I also feel disconnected

I feel the same. My first game was 1965. Thought nothing could be worse than 1982, but, dire as it was then, we CARED. We were united. Now it’s just so ‘meh’. The games come so thick and fast that you don’t even get time to cheer up before the next surrender is upon you. 

Like the OP said, (almost) don’t care any more. Never felt so disconnected from the club. 

7 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

I feel the same. My first game was 1965. Thought nothing could be worse than 1982, but, dire as it was then, we CARED. We were united. Now it’s just so ‘meh’. The games come so thick and fast that you don’t even get time to cheer up before the next surrender is upon you. 

Like the OP said, (almost) don’t care any more. Never felt so disconnected from the club. 

Feel the same, 82 was a disaster but as you say, we fought and clawed our way back out of that deep, deep hole and everyone was together. I barely missed a game for a decade after that but now, it seems we have owners who are prepared to hire the best to run the rugby club (with appropriate results) but leave a bloke in charge of the football club who won't appoint a manager who might disagree with him...

Losing connection with the club (also after 50ish years) and, not just because of the pandemic

I kid myself that I don’t care anymore, but I obviously do to some extent because I’m on here checking things out. 
It’s not anger I’m feeling though. Perversely,  It’s a feeling of smugness that I thought the Holden appointment would turn out like this, which is sad to admit, but it’s true...

4 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Same.    I've no confidence they'll find a capable leader to take us anywhere  with Ashton and that structure in place.

The thing is - having to watch on the telly I tend to compare it more readily with the premiership /champions league games I'm used to seeing on the box, and you have to ask yourself, why would I bother to watch a load of rubbish?    May as well follow a top team like a lot of people in Bristol do.     

The good thing is that fellow Reds on this forum have a great sense of humour. Many of their posts give me a good laugh.

Have a had a great laugh today, which eases the pain and disappointment that comes with following City.

I ran out of likes early on, so apologies to all those whose side-splitting wit and humour may not have got the credit that it deserved.

Sad to see some of the in-fighting. We are all on the same side.

The anger should be solely focused on those in control of OUR club, as they are responsible for the mess and should be held accountable.

I care, but also at this point feel a bit like I'm watching from the outside rather than getting really emotionally involved.

I'm more interested in how it all plays out with Holden/Ashton/Lansdown like some kind of crap soap opera I've been watching for years rather than a club I really support at the moment. Real shame.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Is it generally 2 team fans that say they don't care?

I'm a bit confused by it.

If I didn't care when we lose then I wouldn't care when we win.

And I certainly wouldn't be on a Bristol City forum

Not in my case. Have lived in Merseyside for 30 years and had plenty of chances to become a plastic scouse glory hunter, but it’s only ever been City for me. However, there is only so much you can take. I will bounce back, seem to remember feeling like this at the end of the Pulis era, but right now, nah. 

22 minutes ago, DaveF said:

I genuinely think that because we cannot actually attend a game and experience the atmosphere (good or bad) that it is easy to become detached. I find it hard watching games on TV with no crowd as it just lacks passion and may as well be a training game. Like you I am thinking "so we lost 6 nil, who cares". This is not the fault of anyone at the club but just football as it is today. Mind you had we won 6 nil I would probably feel the same. Just losing the love just now. Sad but true.

Archived