IGNORED

Most worrying thing is I don't even care anymore

DaveF

Of course I care but I'm frustrated but I'm used to it. 55 years of watching and enduring. One glorious spell in the top league and years of mediocrity but that won't stop me voicing my anger at this shambolic running of our football club. 

Managers who in my opinion don't deserve to be in charge of my team. 

Players who don't pull on the shirt and die for the cause. 

I grew up watching Galley, Gow and players who we could identify with. 

I want a footballing man in charge of my team. 

I want a manager who knows the game inside out and I want a team to be proud of. 

Holden must go. Ashton must go. 

We all care...or we wouldn't be posting on here.

What pisses me off the most, is it's under our skin and part of our lives. It would be a lot easier if it wasn't.

Tbh...I'm more angry at the owners continued poor judgement in appointing coaches, managers and staff.

It's a tough one, because everything he does for the Club is pretty much spot on.

But how can you keep making the same mistakes and expect to do well.

Tinman, Millen and now Holden.

When will he learn?

He's losing the fan base...die hards.

Problem is...he knows we'll come back and pay our money regardless.

Only way to make a point...is don't renew season tickets. Don't pay any money to the club.

Perhaps they won't take the fans for granted again. It's not like you won't be able to renew in the future if you want to.

We can moan as much as we like...it won't hold water.

Money is the only thing that talks.

If you continue to keep paying...and know this, then who are the fools?

I feel for Holden as I did for Tinman. You can't blame them for taking the jobs. 

But in SL, JL and MA...they need a wake up call.

Just now, spudski said:

We all care...or we wouldn't be posting on here.

What pisses me off the most, is it's under our skin and part of our lives. It would be a lot easier if it wasn't.

Tbh...I'm more angry at the owners continued poor judgement in appointing coaches, managers and staff.

It's a tough one, because everything he does for the Club is pretty much spot on.

But how can you keep making the same mistakes and expect to do well.

Tinman, Millen and now Holden.

When will he learn?

He's losing the fan base...die hards.

Problem is...he knows we'll come back and pay our money regardless.

Only way to make a point...is don't renew season tickets. Don't pay any money to the club.

Perhaps they won't take the fans for granted again. It's not like you won't be able to renew in the future if you want to.

We can moan as much as we like...it won't hold water.

Money is the only thing that talks.

If you continue to keep paying...and know this, then who are the fools?

I feel for Holden as I did for Tinman. You can't blame them for taking the jobs. 

But in SL, JL and MA...they need a wake up call.

Good post

Let Lansdown piss his money against the wall

I'm more worried that even when Dean does leave, nothing will improve.

1) we'll still have the injuries

2) we still have the underlying issues causing or not helping the injury problem.

3) we're still too slow at proactively taking action and recruiting a new manager (takes months)

4) even when we do recruit someone im not confident it'll be someone who can manage independently from Ashton/Landsdown and will have to tow the line.

5) transfer window is closed (not that I think we should spend in the current climate) but anyone coming in will want to and I cant see us doing that with the size of squad we have.

6) the squad itself. We have a number of players who i think now need to be shipped out too. Time has come to wipe the slate clean, but that is not going to be easy. Who'll want them in this current climate?

Basically, what an absolute mess.  This feels like the season (or next) where League 1 beckons.

I think people will leave this despondent forum when they don't care and that won't be a bad thing for those of us who do. 

As for 'laughing at us with gas mates' - that sums you up totally in both regards: a shocking admission and noted should you ever come back on here with opinions

Today was woeful. Bad luck early on, bad defending and we got what we deserved. 

Many on here will now have to think hard about wanting to see Lee J gone. For those of us who went home and away pre Covid, watching City was much better under the wee man, especially on away trips. Think hard before you state what you wish for. 

42 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Does anyone else feel like this? I thought I would be annoyed but I actually don't care that we lost 6-0 which is pretty bad...

Completely disconnected from the club at the moment!

I know that playing behind closed doors due to lockdown is a large factor, but I agree with 1) not caring in the slightest and 2) feeling an absolute disconnect with the club. I don't feel any attachment to anyone in our squad or the manager. Some or all of them could be sold tomorrow, or vanish off the face of the earth, and I couldn't see me mustering even a smidgen of care. F>ck all of them.

7 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

I think people will leave this despondent forum when they don't care and that won't be a bad thing for those of us who do. 

As for 'laughing at us with gas mates' - that sums you up totally in both regards: a shocking admission and noted should you ever come back on here with opinions

Today was woeful. Bad luck early on, bad defending and we got what we deserved. 

Many on here will now have to think hard about wanting to see Lee J gone. For those of us who went home and away pre Covid, watching City was much better under the wee man, especially on away trips. Think hard before you state what you wish for. 

Were you ‘Rog’ on Radio Bristol

Similarly deluded

Agree with the OP. 

I have not been too engaged with the season since the start because of the covid situation. I can cope with us not being very good - been there before and seen quite a few relegations. What I am now struggling with is the apparent disdain that the corporate BCFC employee base treat the supporters. No news (or only when they really have to), too much spin, no connection and no understanding of the fan base etc etc. 

Feel quite low about it. Now where's that "it's good to talk thread"

Of course we all care, we`ll never stop caring until the day we die. When it`s in your blood you can`t do anything about it even if you wanted to. I think it was  @glos old boy that said in another thread `It will always be our club, everyone else is just passing through` - he has it spot on.

They might be shite at the moment but they`re OUR shite.

47 minutes ago, The turtle said:

But 3-0 I stopped caring how many they scored. 

But with the performance I can feel it in my mood, I care. 

I don't want to, tell myself it's not worth it. But I care. 

Spot on 

We try and convince ourselves or persuade ourselves we don’t care , but we do

Its  like an an automatic defence mechanism to try and dull the pain 

Think you will find a significant amount will be stepping away from actually watching , tickets unless there’s a massive turnaround before fans get back

The rule that I live by in life is never to worry about things that I can do **** all about. Worry does more damage to your health than any outcome.

Yes, I care. I am even angry. But do I care about the people running the club? Not on your life, because they couldn't give a **** about us. That has been made more than evident in the last few years, not least by the owner himself.

I wouldn't be at all bothered if they all did one tomorrow.

I've lost interest too. There seems to be no urgency to improve what we're actually watching, other things seem to be more important. They've lost sight of what's most important. For now I'll just look out for the result and have a quick look at the table. A purely transactional thing. That's the feel the club has created, so that's how I'll treat it. 

3 hours ago, Southport Red said:

I feel the same. My first game was 1965. Thought nothing could be worse than 1982, but, dire as it was then, we CARED. We were united. Now it’s just so ‘meh’. The games come so thick and fast that you don’t even get time to cheer up before the next surrender is upon you. 

Like the OP said, (almost) don’t care any more. Never felt so disconnected from the club. 

Spot on.

At our nadir I didn't care we had the likes of Paul Williams or 'trialist' turning out for us. That we really were pretty awful. I was grateful because they were trying their best, which although poor, was still their best. City were potless, our players cheaper than cheap. It wasn't their fault they were where they were.

And cut to today. It makes my **** itch we have players on £20k a week or more who, were there any justice in the world, would be thankful to pull minimum wage.  Some of them are no better than the likes of PW, yet they, by dint of the fact they're paid stupid sums, think themselves vastly superior. They're not nor ever will be.

And that's why, should all their contracts turn to dust overnight, I couldn't give a damn. If City go with it so will a huge, truly huge, part of my life. But in truth that's where we now find ourselves. I'll find something else to do, perhaps already have (looked at the squad today and decided to give Robins TV a pass.) I've never done that before. And if that means I never again have to fret about the likes of Watkins, Paterson, Mariappa, Semenyo, Adelakun, or 20 or 30 other park players, well, so be it.

For the first time today, I didn’t purchase Robins TV. The football is really poor at the minute. Past few games I’ve thought what a waste of money, I could of spent my Saturday afternoon doing something else. Listened to it today on Radio Bristol and lost interest after HT. 

The whole fiasco of Holdens appointment in the summer, really set the tone for the season. When we were 2nd this year it looked good but since then it’s been a downward spiral. 

The pandemic hasn’t helped as a ST holder, the matchday experience of going to the games. Meeting up with friends having a pint and something to eat.

I dont think its a question of not caring, otherwise no one would post. Its called apathy. I feel sorry for Holden. He clearly was not the best candidate from a footballing perspective to manage the club and sadly it will now unravel for him. Its was predictable. The only saving grace is there are no fans at games as I am sure it would get nasty.  But he only had a 1 year contract so I guess the board thought he was a limited appointment too.  He had only a small chance of success given he was part of the LJ team which also fell short and his lack of pedigree. I dont think he will be sacked with only a few months left. They will let him go.  I think we will scramble enough points to stay up and then bye bye Dean.  The bigger question is whether Steve Lansdown is prepared to take charge of this. The rugby boys got in a proven coach, a winner = lift off. We need the same. We need a nasty manager, someone to to give the whole place a kick in the arse. For me, that's Nigel Pearson. 

Archived