IGNORED

Why not Richard Scudamore for CEO?

headhunter

3 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I think Lansdown would love to. He went his own way with Robins tv. As a self made man I'm sure he hates collective agreements. The in-house kit manufacturing another example of trying to do things his own way

Are you talking about SL or JL?  They seem to be JL-type pet projects... 

3 minutes ago, Clevedon Red said:

Perhaps he can have a word with our Head of Media, she can go as well.

When MA goes, she'll go. 

3 hours ago, headhunter said:

Lives in Bristol, frequent visitor to Ashton Gate, out and out football man from the commercial perspective [retired Executive Chairman of the Premier League] who could provide leadership with Lansdown absent.

He's 61 and 3 days per week might be attractive to him at half the cost of Ashton!!!

Underpin him with Cook or Pearson

With Jonathan Pearce and John Cleese in advisory capacities ... only joshing chief, Scudamore is a decent suggestion - his contacts would be top notch 

3 hours ago, Rocky said:

He’s had huge success and retired with millions in the bank, he wouldn’t be interested in the slightest. 

Don’t agree - I’ve worked with CEOs who have 15 million+ in the bank - they are different people, totally driven and motivated by improving their organisations and continually moving forwards - if you suggest they kick back and enjoy their riches they look at you like you are mad ...

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Don’t agree - I’ve worked with CEOs who have 15 million+ in the bank - they are different people, totally driven and motivated by improving their organisations and continually moving forwards - if you suggest they kick back and enjoy their riches they look at you like you are mad ...

He's not a normal CEO though is he?   

3 hours ago, The Bard said:

What did he actually do in charge of the Premier League that is transferable to a Championship football club? 

It is about knowing how to run a sporting business. Knowing where to ask and where and how to create a team. He does not have to coach the team or scout players. There are many outside of football that can be a great CEO. But they would employ the right people in the right jobs. That is what is missing. He would be a great choice as Executive Chairman. 

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

What’s the definition of a ‘normal’ CEO?! ?

A company in a properly competitive environment.  The EPL is sort of competing with Bundesliga / Serie A / La Liga but not really.  He's clearly clever and I guess has been successful because he's kept his main clients happy but I can't see any indication he understands how to organise a club.  We need to forget looking good and organise properly.

Archived