IGNORED

LJ didn't get credit

Yoyo2345

Looking at this team now and the management team above the Head coach did LJ actually achieve a hell of a lot more than what a lot give him credit for. 

Looking at it now, I'm definitely in that camp in the circumstances LJ did and absolute the job he  could do with the resources and the team above him.

We were LJ's learning curve where he'll end up being a better coach for it but didn't help us towards the end. An example being Sunderland were 3-0 up today at half time, Sunderland fans calling for him to give youngsters a go, well he did that here and we drew 3-3 with Sunderland, today he doesn't make a sub until 60 mins, two around 75th minute and one in last 10 and they win 4-1. Learnt from his mistake with us to make sure of the win.

4 minutes ago, Yoyo2345 said:

Looking at this team now and the management team above the Head coach did LJ actually achieve a hell of a lot more than what a lot give him credit for. 

Looking at it now, I'm definitely in that camp in the circumstances LJ did and absolute the job he  could do with the resources and the team above him.

Don’t ignore the fact that he spent 4 1/2 years an 368 transfer windows with Ashton assembling this gutless shower of shite

He has a lot to answer for 

He didn’t get the credit for laying the foundations of our terminal decline.

Thanks for assembling a squad, with zero identity, leadership and fight that would struggle to hold their own in the Downs League. Of particular note, being an ex-Midfielder legend, is the useless bunch of **** you left us with in that part of the pitch. 

4 minutes ago, Yoyo2345 said:

No.

He left us with the carousel of crap that has every chance of getting us relegated.

Just now, Yoyo2345 said:

He did a good job within the remit he was given. Cannot deny things went stale come the end & can understand the sacking to a point, but wasn’t the decision I would of made. We improved our league position, improved our status, improved things behind the scenes. Unfortunately what I feared when he went is now coming home to roost! COYR 

4 minutes ago, dREDful said:

We are only about 6 points worse off without him. 

The line ups, tactics, efforts on goal practically everything is still here from his reign. 

**** him. 

With a stronger squad. COYR 

He did an ok job, but we cannot compare what is happening now with Johnson as Holden should never have even got the job.

He was rightfully sacked, but not replaced with the right man.

The football we have played this season started from his way of playing

6 minutes ago, Yoyo2345 said:

No!

He was part of the problem with his tightness with the team above him. 

Just now, RedRock said:

He didn’t get the credit for laying the foundations of our terminal decline.

Thanks for assembling a squad, with zero identity, leadership and fight that would struggle to hold their own in the Downs League. Of particular note, being an ex-Midfielder legend, is the useless bunch of **** you left us with in that part of the pitch. 

I’ve made this point a few times:

Mariappa

Brunt

Martin

Mawson

Sessegnon

Williams

Lansbury

Thats seven”first team” players that Johnson didn’t sign. I’d also bet my bollocks he’d have kept Korey Smith. It was time for LJ to go, but Holden had had opportunity and funds to get the squad he wanted. This is more on DH than it is on LJ when you see what he’s had opportunity to bring in.

1 minute ago, Yoyo2345 said:

He did well for a long time...but it was time for freshen up come the end.

But what did we do...employ the bloke who was his assistant and part of the previous problem...and employ some dinosaurs to assist him. And expect to improve. 

It's idiotic to keep making the same mistakes... Once forgiven, twice you haven't learnt...three times...your a first class idiot. 

It really is laughable... especially as our owner isn't thick. But he is when deciding who to employ as manager.

Spent all that time courting and grooming LJ...which worked...then turned full circle on his ethos, and employed the side kick. Dumb.

We were 12th when he went, and heading south. He - and Ashton - left us with shit like Wells, Afobe on the left wing, he left a developing mess, the mess we see now.

Steve saved him from finishing even lower. 

If top six is really the target then we are not good enough at every level:

The players aren't good enough 

The coaches are not good enough (including Johnson)

The CEO isn't good enough 

The recruitment isn't good enough 

Jon boy ain't good enough 

Steve ain't up to it, either.

9 minutes ago, Yoyo2345 said:

I don’t get your point. LJ was very very lucky to last as long as he did - he should have gone WAY before he did last year.

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Mariappa

Brunt

Martin

Mawson

Sessegnon

Williams

Lansbury

Thats seven”first team” players that Johnson didn’t sign. I’d also bet my bollocks he’d have kept Korey Smith. It was time for LJ to go, but Holden had had opportunity and funds to get the squad he wanted. This is more on DH than it is on LJ when you see what he’s had opportunity to bring in.

Why did we need to sign that many players? Because he left us with a pile of ****. 

Lummydaze, he was such a genius, he couldn’t even be bothered to recall freebies such as Walsh or Morrell last January when it was patently obvious the likes of CoD and our other midfield stars were clearly out of their depth. 

2 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Why did we need to sign that many players? Because he left us with a pile of ****. 

Lummydaze, he was such a genius, he couldn’t even be bothered to recall freebies such as Walsh or Morrell last January when it was patently obvious the likes of CoD and our other midfield stars were clearly out of their depth. 

Mate.

If you’re taking over a mid table championship squad, that you know well, and are given opportunity to sign 7 first team players that’s manna from heaven. That should in itself lead to a top six finish. The fact is the squad he inherited were good enough to be better than where we are now (proven by consistent position), and he had opportunity to improve it. Putting the blame on LJ (again, right time for him to go) for this debacle misses the mark.

And that’s the same Joe Morrell who can’t get in Luton’s team, correct?

9 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Mariappa

Brunt

Martin

Mawson

Sessegnon

Williams

Lansbury

And exactly how many games have those 7 played this year? How many minutes have they been on the park to influence matters? 

I'd also suggest given a few of these were signed within days of Holden being appointed either he's the fastest manager on the planet else (and far more likely in my opinion,) these were in Ashton's mythical pipeline when Holden was appointed. You'll recall, that list of players we continue to track in case they become available....

Archived