IGNORED

Take your pick

harvey54

24 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

But none of those names would work within the regime we have. They would want to be in full control of finances and recruitment, which will never happen. It will be another yes man, cheap option puppet for Lansdown and Ashton to dictate to. 

Lansdown needs to decide what he wants and have the courage to communicate his decision to the supporters ( whilst we still care) .

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

He has a fantastic recruitment history and a number of promotions at different clubs. 

Edit - but of course his excellent eye for recruitment won’t matter because that’s not what we look for in a head coach, for as long as a certain person is here. 

Thanks Harry. I'm just wondering, on that basis, why he's not currently in a job somewhere?

Realistically Cook. 

Howe would be a coup.

Part of me wants someone from overseas who’s completely new - Arne Slot (who’s about to go to Feyenord) seemed an interesting left field name mentioned in the summer.

The key in this is Ashton. He has to go really otherwise our pool of potential managers becomes very small.

Absolutely Paul Cook for me. A manager with a clear record of success at multiple clubs with different budgets and expectations. 

I don't doubt Eddie Howe is a good coach but I wonder if having a long association with one club would mean he could recreate that success a second time with us. 

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

Interesting to hear Twentyman talk about PC. Somebody he apparently knows pretty well. Geoff says that knowing him, he woiuld like lots of control and would he be able to work under the current system at AG?

That’s the big question. I don’t imagine many managers would like to work in that environment.

None of us know for sure how much control Ashton actually has, but I can’t imagine someone like Cook wanting anything other than full control over signings. Certainly not selected Wasserman players ‘recommended’ to him in inordinate numbers. 

42 minutes ago, Harry said:

I found my post from last summer. Screenshot below. 

2D5DADE2-6FF5-4E4C-A076-673E9DCFC864.jpeg

11556B5A-795D-41B8-9416-7A3FCAC48814.jpeg

Good interesting read that Harry. I'd admit I wasn't completely sold on him when he was linked, but that was before I knew the unthinkable was going to happen.

I'm surprised he hasn't found somewhere yet.

4 minutes ago, beaverface said:

If we could have someone from this list, I'd be happy:

- Paul Cook

- Nigel Pearson

- Arne Slot (as something of "out there" appointment)

- Steve Cotterell (but that would take the board swallowing some pride and actually backing the guy properly - cant see it happening TBH)

I know nothing of Slot. But I did used to like a slot* so he’ll do. 

I’d defo be happy with any of the above. 

*this is a fruit machine reference. 

We need someone who is willing to come in & kick the players arses, at the moment they couldn't give a flying one about the club. Pearson would definitely do that & his Championship record is good.

But as previously stated (many times!), who would want to work under the constraints of the present administration?

Archived