IGNORED

Take your pick

harvey54

7 minutes ago, cityironman said:

We need someone who is willing to come in & kick the players arses, at the moment they couldn't give a flying one about the club. Pearson would definitely do that & his Championship record is good.

But as previously stated (many times!), who would want to work under the constraints of the present administration?

Pearson is a Championship and up Cotterill equivalent. Slightly odd, ruthlessly competitive and very assertive. I think he’d probably do really well here but is exactly the sort of manager we wouldn’t go for.

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

Pearson is a Championship and up Cotterill equivalent. Slightly odd, ruthlessly competitive and very assertive. I think he’s probably do really well here but is exactly the sort of manager we wouldn’t go for.

I feel that there is a middle ground between a LJ/DH and a Nigel Pearson, and still be an individual that would get us moving in the right direction. Nigel Pearson strikes me as someone who is never more than a game away from a meltdown, not sure if that's the 'stability' we want as a football club. When all is said and done, if you want someone who is available, has a proven track record of success, and isn't going to cost an absolute bomb, you can't really look beyond Paul Cook. Realistic, relatable, and reasonable - a good foundational manager to launch an assault on the hallowed Top 6 if you ask me.

1 hour ago, Red white and red said:

But none of those names would work within the regime we have. They would want to be in full control of finances and recruitment, which will never happen. It will be another yes man, cheap option puppet for Lansdown and Ashton to dictate to. 

How do you actually know that? It’s safe to say you don’t 

1 minute ago, GlastonburyRed said:

I feel that there is a middle ground between a LJ/DH and a Nigel Pearson, and still be an individual that would get us moving in the right direction. Nigel Pearson strikes me as someone who is never more than a game away from a meltdown, not sure if that's the 'stability' we want as a football club. When all is said and done, if you want someone who is available, has a proven track record of success, and isn't going to cost an absolute bomb, you can't really look beyond Paul Cook. Realistic, relatable, and reasonable - a good foundational manager to launch an assault on the hallowed Top 6 if you ask me.

As said earlier though GR, Cook possibly wouldn't work under the car salesman. Neither would Pearson TBH. 

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Pearson is a Championship and up Cotterill equivalent. Slightly odd, ruthlessly competitive and very assertive. I think he’d probably do really well here but is exactly the sort of manager we wouldn’t go for.

Pearson would be great for us but as you have said he is 100% a manager we wouldn’t go for. Not a chance Ashton or the Lansdown’s would want him regardless of the fact that he would most likely get us to their holy grail of the top 6.

12 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

If Steve had a mad moment and appointed him , without sacking Ashton , I’d safely predict Ashton would be found floating face down in the Harbour with a corner flag sticking out his arse as a sail ,

within a month ! 

??

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I found my post from last summer. Screenshot below. 

2D5DADE2-6FF5-4E4C-A076-673E9DCFC864.jpeg

11556B5A-795D-41B8-9416-7A3FCAC48814.jpeg

My no.1 choice also. Posted it on here last year. Proven and as you state capable of spotting a player. I would have taken CH also if not PC but both options would refuse to work under Ashton’s grip.

Ashton needs f*ckin shot QUICK.

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

If Steve had a mad moment and appointed him , without sacking Ashton , I’d safely predict Ashton would be found floating face down in the Harbour with a corner flag sticking out his arse as a sail ,

within a month ! 

??

I could live with that to be fair (not that I wish harm to the slimemeister before anyone accuses me). Pearson would snap him in half and half the players as well.

Get him in, sounds like a win - win! 

1 hour ago, Red white and red said:

But none of those names would work within the regime we have. They would want to be in full control of finances and recruitment, which will never happen. It will be another yes man, cheap option puppet for Lansdown and Ashton to dictate to. 

I mean, if we're on about a DoF setup, the only one of the names that could fit that people would appreciate would be Jokanovic.

Sadly, we have a track record of appointing managers based on price and affiliations with the ownerships, and not on results.

1 minute ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

We need a Nigel Pearson type and double quick.

Takes no sh*te, organised, knows exactly what's  required at this level.

And someone who's not going to try to be all matey with the players. 

While I totally agree MM, can you honestly see Pearson and slimey's EGO working? Should be a laugh finding out though as Shelt's says. 

3 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

We need a Nigel Pearson type and double quick.

Takes no sh*te, organised, knows exactly what's  required at this level.

And someone who's not going to try to be all matey with the players. 

Howe's too nice for the shit we're in.

Like Cotts or GJ you mean ?

Outrageous theory 

Just now, Merrick's Marvels said:

Not a cat in hell's chance, is there Ska.

Such a shame. 

sadly not mate.

Easy answer though if SL wants success, remove the slimey one and put his boy (already the Chairman) in as CEO and appoint a Cook or Pearson type boss. Fans back onside, tough uncompromising, successful Manager in place, City not a soft touch anymore.

Sorted! 

1 hour ago, YGBjammy said:

100%.

I still think there was something in all those Gerrard rumours in the summer. Lansdown would LOVE the media attention and interviews etc etc

Gerrard is never going to accept a mid table championship team. He doesn’t need to prove himself at this level while his stock is high.

5 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

sadly not mate.

Easy answer though if SL wants success, remove the slimey one and put his boy (already the Chairman) in as CEO and appoint a Cook or Pearson type boss. Fans back onside, tough uncompromising, successful Manager in place, City not a soft touch anymore.

Sorted! 

Jon in as  the CEO Ska ?

That’s a ..... interesting thought ?

SL ‘ Seasin kicks off tomorrow Jon are we all ready’

JL ‘Hopefully Dad , I’ve knocked up some ideas for the new kit’

SL ‘What’s the squad looking like Jon’

JL ‘Bit thin I think Dad , we’ve only got 11 or it might be 12 in the books ....the coach kept nagging me about it in July but I told him we can’t play without a kit’

SL ‘What about season tickets’

JL ‘ On my list of things to do Dad’

5 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Jon in as  the CEO Ska ?

That’s a ..... interesting thought ?

SL ‘ Seasin kicks off tomorrow Jon are we all ready’

JL ‘Hopefully Dad , I’ve knocked up some ideas for the new kit’

SL ‘What’s the squad looking like Jon’

JL ‘Bit thin I think Dad , we’ve only got 11 or it might be 12 in the books ....the coach kept nagging me about it in July but I told him we can’t play without a kit’

SL ‘What about season tickets’

JL ‘ On my list of things to do Dad’

Image result for i think i done it wrong again dad

Archived