IGNORED

Take your pick

harvey54

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Has already said no. 

Because of the CEO. 

Can’t believe we are still going through a period where we ‘could’ be as attractive a proposition as we’ve ever been for a really good manager to come in, yet no good ones will work under our structure. 
And there’s only 1 person who is the blocker. MA. 

We won’t be going anywhere but backwards whilst he has control. 

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Because of the CEO. 

Can’t believe we are still going through a period where we ‘could’ be as attractive a proposition as we’ve ever been for a really good manager to come in, yet no good ones will work under our structure. 

Saved me a bit of typing there Harry..

47 minutes ago, GlastonburyRed said:

I feel that there is a middle ground between a LJ/DH and a Nigel Pearson, and still be an individual that would get us moving in the right direction. Nigel Pearson strikes me as someone who is never more than a game away from a meltdown, not sure if that's the 'stability' we want as a football club. When all is said and done, if you want someone who is available, has a proven track record of success, and isn't going to cost an absolute bomb, you can't really look beyond Paul Cook. Realistic, relatable, and reasonable - a good foundational manager to launch an assault on the hallowed Top 6 if you ask me.

I think Paul Cook is a pretty strong character. 

We don't need a stable character as such. The club is so stable it's become stale.  We need someone to shake things up.

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Because of the CEO. 

It's the structure and the personnel employed within that structure isn't it. 

My only query with Cook is why he hasn't got another job by now? His CV is pretty impressive so seems strange. Sheff Weds were after him. Maybe it's not just us that has a structure he is unwilling to work under. 

2 hours ago, Red_Alligator said:

I'm not understanding the popularity of Cook. Can someone enlighten me?. Ta very much.

He’s not Lee Johnson or Dean Holden - that’s why he’s popular with many.

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

My only query with Cook is why he hasn't got another job by now? His CV is pretty impressive so seems strange. Sheff Weds were after him. Maybe it's not just us that has a structure he is unwilling to work under. 

Or to do with his penchant for savvy wheeling and dealing and the current inability to move quickly in every which way... He looked around a bit and then decided this current climate is not for me... I am sure he is far from alone in that regard.

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Maybe he looked at Sheff Wed and thought 'been there with Wigan'  I'll wait.

27 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Can I bring a bag of balls and a 9 iron?  I can never get too much practice. 

Image result for short par 3 island hole

If there was a spot the ball competition and it was me on the tee, then the x would be somewhere between the players knee caps and his peaked cap

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Cook & let him bring in his own scouts, coaches etc. Also allowed to whip Mark David Brent Ashton naked through the streets on his days off 

If that is on offer we could attract applications from MPs and High Court Judges!

On the plus side, with a perk like that on offer they would probably pay us to take the job instead of drawing a big salary.

The theme running through this and other thread's is clear...

If we don't thank Ashton for his services & wish him all the best before he closes the door behind him then the only direction were moving is reverse..

It's glaringly obvious the level of smothering control he enjoys is a cancer within the club..

1 minute ago, downendcity said:

If that is on offer we could attract applications from MPs and High Court Judges!

On the plus side, with a perk like that on offer they would probably pay us to take the job instead of drawing a big salary.

I’m self employed so quite willing to take a day off a week to carry this out . I also know a very good chippy that could make some stocks. Is there a grocer amongst us to provide the rotten fruit & veg ? 

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Then we could really do with removing the obstacle that made him say no. If only eh?

If only 

1 minute ago, Son of Fred said:

The theme running through this and other thread's is clear...

If we don't thank Ashton for his services & wish him all the best before he closes the door behind him then the only direction were moving is reverse..

It's glaringly obvious the level of smothering control he enjoys is a cancer within the club..

Yes but also Lansdown has to change his (philosophy ) not that there is one in a football sense 

A coach such as Adi Hutter Current boss of Frankfurt, previously managed & won trophies in Austria & Switzerland.

We need an experienced coach with new ideas who sees us platform to demonstrate their ability in English football & as spring board onto a bigger club or succeed with us.

5 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Paul Simpson/Keith Downing

Ryan Lowe

Michael Appleton

Mike Flynn

That's the shop Mark Ashton would be buying his sweeties in. Remove the obstacle. Teflon out.

Lowe and Flynn would tell him to **** off as well, and may already have done.

6 hours ago, Red Alert said:

A coach such as Adi Hutter Current boss of Frankfurt, previously managed & won trophies in Austria & Switzerland.

We need an experienced coach with new ideas who sees us platform to demonstrate their ability in English football & as spring board onto a bigger club or succeed with us.

Was skim reading and read that as Adolf Hitler.

I know we need a bit of a psycho in charge to sort things out, but that may be going too far!

1 hour ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Most of those names will tell him, what others said.

Most of these arent up to it, total overhaul.

So they got no chance of getting it.

Forward lines not good enough, same with midfield, and we have a diffrent defence everyweek.

Erm- is that entirely correct?

If you overlook the enormous injuries and assume most are fit, there will be some decent combinations there- IMO.

Bentley

Hunt Kalas Mawson DaSilva

Williams Nagy Lansbury

Weimann           Paterson

Martin

That is one- in defence you have the Kalas-Mawson axis- Baker if fit would be an able first reserve. DaSilva I think when fit can be quite good- Martin a useful pivot- if not played into the ground. Paterson on the left is versatile, and the 2 v 1 risk reduces- Lansbury can create, Williams has bite, Nagy can screen somewhat. Weimann wide right has good movement and often chips in 1 in 3- goals from central midfield a problem though. Sort of a 4-3-3/4-3-2-1- wide midfielders, absolutely not wingers.

Bentley

Vyner Kalas Mawson

Hunt Williams Lansbury DaSilva

Weimann              Paterson

Wells

Paterson wide left, Weimann wide right- Wells might actually appreciate being in central midfield. Baker a good first reserve, in fact might even have Baker for Vyner and have say Kalas-Mawson-Baker right to left.

Sessegnon- you know our injured RB/RWB- seems like useful competition for Hunt. You could alsoi switch Martin into the centre, or Semenyo wide right for some games. Some games you might have a 3 of Williams then dependent on opposition and fitness- two of Walsh, Lansbury and Nagy- Walsh might also contribute a couple of goals from CM.

In Shape 1 and 2, Paterson can also provide more of a link between CM and the front line- see Weimann and Wells, combined nicely at Middlesbrough back end of June 2020.

Moore seems to have an error in him but also played quite nicely at Sheffield United in the Cup. I'm not as pessimistic as you if we had a fitter squad- I have reservations about the 3-5-2 however, I think 4-3-3 can give a bit more stability and security. Bakinson and Massengo- Semenyo too- all have time on their side, Vyner is a bit older but shouldn't be binned yet. Rowe can be a more conservative LB, LWB not so much.

Then with less injuries you can also rotate and rest a bit more. Competition for places- competition can drive standards.

Bentley

Hunt Kalas Mawson DaSilva

Nagy Williams Lansbury

Palmer 

Weimann Wells

Or Martin. Definitely some fluidity possible- knowing that he has 3 in CM rather than 2 behind him, adds an extra layer of security for Palmer- Weimann can also pull right, although my concern out of possession is DaSilva getting overloaded 2 v 1 on the right or caught upfield with no natural cover.

Sessegnon at RWB in the 3-5-2- could that even have been a useful possibility? Won't really know as he's been crocked since the Autumn! ?

Talking of the 4-3-3, one of our better performances in some time was actually at Brentford a week or so ago- in the 4-3-3 with a bit of natural balance ie not sticking Wells on the left.

Archived