IGNORED

Press release later

Will b11

5 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Yes it is. You’re right. 

I wonder how many times we were in this position with Holden’s predecessor. He probably survived three of these positions before it actually happened tho didn’t it?

I can’t remember off the top of my head, did we lose 6-0 under Johnson? I know we had the losing runs.

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I would not be surprised if Holden handed in his resignation. A class guy who I believe if he feels that is the best thing to do for the club, then he'd do it

I would be massively impressed with him if he did. But if he was misguided enough to believe he could do the job then you would presume he will think he can sort things out.

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

I can’t remember off the top of my head, did we lose 6-0 under Johnson? I know we had the losing runs.

Yep - GJ - away at Ipswich (or maybe that was 6-1?) which was unexpected and at home to Cardiff - when Carey played particularly badly and I had a go at him as he walked off...

Just now, Red Exile said:

Yep - GJ - away at Ipswich (or maybe that was 6-1?) which was unexpected and at home to Cardiff - when Carey played particularly badly and I had a go at him as he walked off...

I seem to remember we dominated the first 10 mins against Cardiff and I thought we might win! 

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

2 5’s. Preston & Villa. 

You could never have sacked after the Villa as we were still good then. 

No other man would have got away with Preston. 

2 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Surely wouldn't have given the post-match interview if he was being offed, surely Ashton would have spoken to him first if the trigger was being pulled otherwise making him give the interview is just cruel 

True, but LJ did interview just before his departure. 

Just now, BCFC Grim said:

?

Think it says it all that there isn't much anger after today. Alot of realism and lots of humour which is brilliant. Good old otib.

Probably because we feel a bit sorry for Deano, rather than the usual bitterness towards a manager. And the fact we are midtable with time to sort this out before it gets really desperate. 

14 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I would not be surprised if Holden handed in his resignation. A class guy who I believe if he feels that is the best thing to do for the club, then he'd do it

Not having a go here.

Where is this narrative established that Holden is a “class guy”. I’m not saying he isn’t, but where is the evidence for this? What I see is an out of his depth guy in denial, who quickly jettisoned a peer when in with a chance of a better job. Who drinks in the lions.

Class guy or good PR?

Archived