IGNORED

Press release later

Will b11

1 minute ago, HomerRed said:

True, but LJ did interview just before his departure. 

I don't think he did and just checked the club youtube channel and there's no interview after the Cardiff game, were we on sky and it was an interview with them? 

Just now, Lrrr said:

I don't think he did and just checked the club youtube channel and there's no interview after the Cardiff game, were we on sky and it was an interview with them? 

I do remember some form of interview post Cardiff. I remember many people commenting saying he sounded free like a weight had been lifted.. presumably because he knew.

2 minutes ago, HomerRed said:

True, but LJ did interview just before his departure. 

Cotts did pre match presser on a Thursday and was given the Spanish archer that evening.

With LJ, seemed the board had already decided he’d be sacked if we lost to Cardiff. Whilst were in bad form, I doubt the board would have discussed acting if we lost 6-0. Would have though a board meeting over zoom would be necessary tonight before any decisions made. Maybe a decision tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, SuperDziek said:

Cotts did pre match presser on a Thursday and was given the Spanish archer that evening.

With LJ, seemed the board had already decided he’d be sacked if we lost to Cardiff. Whilst were in bad form, I doubt the board would have discussed acting if we lost 6-0. Would have though a board meeting over zoom would be necessary tonight before any decisions made. Maybe a decision tomorrow. 

There probably is one but Jon can't get the laptop Ashton bought him to work...

image.png.bbf95bcdd426f8f829da84954db50205.png

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I do remember some form of interview post Cardiff. I remember many people commenting saying he sounded free like a weight had been lifted.. presumably because he knew.

Was that Radio Bristol or a club interview? I'm pretty sure he did at least one. 

11 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

9 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Made LJ do his interview after Cardiff 

Just found the write up by Gregor but no videos online so yeah perhaps

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lee-johnsons-last-press-conference-4295122

29 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I would not be surprised if Holden handed in his resignation. A class guy who I believe if he feels that is the best thing to do for the club, then he'd do it

Are you saying he’s a weak man who doesn’t believe he can turn it around,not a chance he will walk away although the club might sack him and pay him handsomely to avoid embarrassment and all agree that he has resigned and put a clause in saying never ever ever talk about this disaster 

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

It might be good PR, but he just seems like a class guy to me. Might be wrong. Players seem to really like him and seems well respected from people in the game like Allardyce, Smith. 

When we think back to LJ, Sod and even Cotts at the end, how they lost it a bit. I can't imagine Holden being like that.

Main thing for me is I just can't imagine Holden being anything other than what he appears in interviews. He took the job, but I don't think he would even have considered being our manager whilst LJ was initially sacked. 

That's the problem Jon...we need a manager who they are sh*t scared of

21 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Not having a go here.

Where is this narrative established that Holden is a “class guy”. I’m not saying he isn’t, but where is the evidence for this? What I see is an out of his depth guy in denial, who quickly jettisoned a peer when in with a chance of a better job. Who drinks in the lions.

Class guy or good PR?

Jettisoned a peer? Should assistant head coaches really be given the decision on whether their bosses get sacked? Get what you’re saying but if we’re after evidence, is there any whatsoever that he got Johnson the sack?

19 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Not having a go here.

Where is this narrative established that Holden is a “class guy”. I’m not saying he isn’t, but where is the evidence for this? What I see is an out of his depth guy in denial, who quickly jettisoned a peer when in with a chance of a better job. Who drinks in the lions.

Class guy or good PR?

It does seem to be received wisdom. I have never met him so I wouldn't know but the "good human" bit seems to have been taken as gospel.

Whether he is or not he isn't up to the job, which is what matters.

• The topic was locked

Archived