IGNORED

Can someone clarify for me...

spudski

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

I get the impression that deep down the real intention is to just survive and tread water...but still keep up the facade of promotion.

This. 

2 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

But covid had already hit before LJ was sacked. So as we weren't going down with LJ at the helm why not just ride it out with him (better the devil you know), rather than paying him off AND appointing Holden?

I don't get it.

Was subtly starting to speak out about recruitment.

I was still surprised he was fired when he was...didn't make a lot of sense then, and even less so now. 

Maybe money played a part. LJ on the best part of £600k pa, Holden must be on less than half that. 

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

This. 

I was still surprised he was fired when he was...didn't make a lot of sense then, and even less so now. 

Maybe money played a part. LJ on the best part of £600k pa, Holden must be on less than half that. 

This is the one thing i cant get my head around about football, not just city.

Johnson was on im guessing about 12k a week. Our top earners, double that?

Why the hell is the manager not the highest paid staff member. A top manager can get success with average players, an average manager will often fail with good players. If city are willing to spend upwards of 25k a week on a good player then surely they should be willing to do the same on the manager. Does managers wages even count towards ffp?

12 minutes ago, spudski said:

I get the impression that deep down the real intention is to just survive and tread water...but still keep up the facade of promotion.

Agree completely, however I think they have massively overestimated the impact of covid at this level, the prem hasn't stopped spending money, and most teams in this league who spend money have either been in the prem recently or are the market for their assets meaning that they could still bring in big money. 

We have moved backwards and have an expensively assembled but crucially not particularly valuable squad, we could see a small profit on Bentley, and JD, but that's about it. We are letting a striker who cost us 5 Mill who would cost considerably more than that to replace walk for nothing. We have another 5 million pound striker playing like a pub team player who has little resale value even if he does rediscover some form. 

The only good thing Ashton ever did was getting in players for a decent price and then selling them on for a great price, that's not the case now, and I see a squad that reminds me very much of what we saw before we last began our decline from this league, the difference is the man responsible seems untouchable. 

2 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Ok - I want to know desperately and please DM me. I've called out so many posters over the years and have yet to get a single reply. 

I was in the know massively about 10 years ago.

Was car sharing with the then Club Secretary  and she would blurt out absolutely everything that was going on at the club.

For a couple of months I had god like status on here.

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

This. 

The difference would have been paid in compensation though wouldn't it? Assuming there wasn't a "finish higher than last year" clause in LJs contract.

My gut feeling is that we will be surprised with the ambition shown in the next appointment in a good way, the likes of SL and MA can't be as difficult to work with as made out to be on this forum....why would they be if they want Premier League football, why would they spend the money on the stadium and training ground and back the managers employer over the last few years if they weren't serious? Personally I don't think the club is as broken as many believe it to be and with the right man at the helm we are really not as far away as the current predicament would suggest.

14 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

This. 

Not sure the difference in salaries would make any real difference, in the scheme of things its small money,

But the money they want to spend and who they think they need to be successful is a very different story

19 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

This. 

Seriously? You think the whole idea was to save £300k? We have brought in some utter crap who in loan fees and wages will make that look a drop in the ocean.

Why don’t we get rid of Ashton (rumoured to be on 500k) and Holden on at a guess circa 150k and bring in a decent manager to do the job properly? 

Ashton is a waste of space and money.

12 minutes ago, Psychopomp said:

Yes thats right . If only you knew . 

I do ?

You're contributions are most welcome and I agree with most of them but please don't try and pretend you are inside the head of a man you haven't even seen in years. 

10 minutes ago, boatman said:

I was in the know massively about 10 years ago.

Was car sharing with the then Club Secretary  and she would blurt out absolutely everything that was going on at the club.

For a couple of months I had god like status on here.

I recall!

2 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Seriously? You think the whole idea was to save £300k? We have brought in some utter crap who in loan fees and wages will make that look a drop in the ocean.

Why don’t we get rid of Ashton (rumoured to be on 500k) and Holden on at a guess circa 150k and bring in a decent manager to do the job properly? 

Ashton is a waste of space and money.

I was just offering a possible partial explanation, I think @sh1t_ref_again above has probably nailed it. Again, this would support the theory of riding this season out and then going for it in the summer with the decks cleared. 

25 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

The difference would have been paid in compensation though wouldn't it? Assuming there wasn't a "finish higher than last year" clause in LJs contract.

My gut feeling is that we will be surprised with the ambition shown in the next appointment in a good way, the likes of SL and MA can't be as difficult to work with as made out to be on this forum....why would they be if they want Premier League football, why would they spend the money on the stadium and training ground and back the managers employer over the last few years if they weren't serious? Personally I don't think the club is as broken as many believe it to be and with the right man at the helm we are really not as far away as the current predicament would suggest.

I really hope you're right.

Archived