IGNORED

your simple message to the players if they read otib

big dosser

2 minutes ago, MelksRed said:

Some people are struggling to make ends meet, working long hard jobs and saving hard to come and see you represent something that represents escapism for them....to enable them to forget about life for a while...please, irrespective of what is or isn't happening behind the scenes, please consider this as you pull that shirt on....you represent something that people hold dear and can make or ruin their week....

Warm regards 

Melksred

If I could give a robin and a flames emoji I would, but think you've nailed it there- very good post anyway.

14 minutes ago, cheese said:

We were the team playing in red.

Back in the late 80s I listened to a retired top flight ref (name escapes me)talking about his experiences.

He told a story about one of his early games back in the 70s when he had a reserve game between arch rivals Liverpool and Leeds. There had been loads of games called off in the weeks before, so both Revie and Shankly had picked full strength first teams to give the players match practice and the ref was understandably nervous, never before having reffed top flight, international  players. Getting changed his linesmen asked him how he planned to approach the game, to which he replied “ I'll keep it simple and play it just as I see it, with no favouritism"

As it turned out it was a full bloodied game, but as it happened just about every 50:50 decision went Leeds’ way, to the increasing annoyance of the Liverpool team, and the Liverpool bench - especially a very vocal Shankly. Liverpool were dominant, and for 10 minutes before half time lay siege to the Leeds goal and then had a player brought down in the Leeds penalty area, but the ref waived there appeals away, only for  Leeds to break upfield and score. There was uproar among the Liverpool players and the linesmen pulled the referee away from the possee of angry Liverpool players.

In the changing room the ref was unsettled but the linesmen reassured him he was doing fine, when there was a knock on the door and in walked Shakily, at which they all stood up!! The referee immediately apologised to Shanks, saying “ I can understand you and your players being upset, but I can assure you I am giving  decisions just as I’ve seen them”. Shakily replied in his broad Glaswegian” Nae problem laddie, yurrr only doing your job and I can ask nae more than that”., at which he left the room and they all sat down.

A minute later the door opened and Shanks poked his head around the door . “ Just one thing ref” he said, “  my boys are the ones wearing red!”.

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

?

How about ?

‘***** off , and when you’ve ****ed off , **** off again ‘

??

You’ve been kidding me - you’re really a professional speech writer aren’t you?

:) 

1 hour ago, Murraysrightplum said:

Lots on here didn’t want Moyes! Not that he’d have come obviously 

I wasn't actually lauding Moyes just highlighting the identification of what appeared to be the a problem and addressed it and the apparent improvement itsde on the team and league position.

Also has anyone any idea what performance stats he referred to and if so how does ours compare to the rest of the league.

You completely failed to do your jobs today.

It would be nice if you, the head and assistant coaches and COO all donated today's salary to a homeless charity.

It'll mean very little loss of earnings to you, but probably a great deal to the poor sods sleeping rough in this cold weather.

And it'll show you understand that you've let people down and need to make amends.

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

But, but, but he loves the club, Knowle, beating his chest etc.

The problem with today is I can’t tell if he was as crap as everyone else today because he was going through the motions or because it was a crap team performance.

Sorry, feel I’m being harsh on Fam.  Im just totally uncomfortable with the situation he and Mark Ashton have allowed to fester.

Here Fam.

I’ve seen better up Redcatch Park playing in the Suburban League. For their own fun.

Carry on and it won’t be Middlesbrough or any other such dreadful place.

It’ll be Redcatch Park....

Archived