IGNORED

Just been beat 6-0 and...

Ziderarmy

8 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Barely the cost of Robins TV would probably barely put a dent in how much 1st year pros are earning a week let alone higher paid players. They're wages are covered by tv money by a large, even if there was zero income from Robins TV the club would still be covering wages easily.

Ok so lets all stop watching, buying, supporting and turning up when the gates are open then, and subscribing to Sky. Actually, why do we even bother.

It’s like some on here do not even remember what football is meant to be about.

1 minute ago, TomThumb84 said:

Ok so lets all stop watching, buying, supporting and turning up when the gates are open then, and subscribing to Sky. Actually, why do we even bother. Do some of you even remember what football is meant to be about?

Merely acknowledging that the way clubs now receive income the phrase 'we pay your wages' doesn't hold the weight it used to as the club are no longer so reliant on fans to do so

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

Merely acknowledging that the way clubs now receive income the phrase 'we pay your wages' doesn't hold the weight it used to as the club are no longer so reliant on fans to do so

I understand and have amended my post.

Sad though that a 6-0 defeat has as little impact as it has.

The players probably secretly love having no fans in. Same wages, less stress, nice life.

I understand and have amended my post.

Sad though that a 6-0 defeat has as little impact as it has.

The Some players probably secretly love having no fans in. Same wages, less stress, nice life.

Think the adjustment is fairer, for some football is just a job and for some they're still as fully committed as ever and our run will truly be hurting them

30 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Who pays him? Bristol City Football Club. He bought that car with his wages.

Whats your point? You talk about credibility yet you offer nothing yet a meaningless snipe after a 6-0 defeat.

Ignore my posts please.

A meaningless snipe is to start a thread about Adelakun presumably giving a mate who one assume details cars some exposure on his platform. 

If you get bothered by that then **** me you need to grow up. 

Have just looked and the guy is a mobile detailer in the Bristol area, so Adelakun is just giving a local business some exposure, should he have told him to **** off and that he wouldnt promote is business as we lost? 

You'll be really upset to know he also had his range rover detailed by this bloke as well, I say we immediately release Adelakun and immediately ensure that the seven31glow mobile detailing business is run out of Bristol for having the bare faced gall to do their job well it would seem. 

56 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

After being embarrassed 6-0 a couple of hours later one of our players posts this, least your 50k motor is clean...

6B0FDAFA-C066-4633-876E-25865916680D.png

Wow fair play to him buying a car like that he deserves it he had to play a couple of games for us recently don't know what people are moaning at fair play hakeeb he will go down as a Bristol City legend for his fantastic performances 

3 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

A meaningless snipe is to start a thread about Adelakun presumably giving a mate who one assume details cars some exposure on his platform. 

If you get bothered by that then **** me you need to grow up. 

Yeah agreed. All annoyed about getting stuffed 6-0 aren’t we?

Meaningless snipes aside - I am bothered by everything about a tumping like that after a 0-2 defeat by our local rivals and a cup exit. 0-9 in 3 games.

Lets all grow up though. Who cares? This is only a football forum where people may or may not bring up stuff.

Yeah agreed. All annoyed about getting stuffed 6-0 aren’t we?

Meaningless snipes aside - I am bothered by everything about a tumping like that after a 0-2 defeat by our local rivals and a cup exit. 0-9 in 3 games.

Lets all grow up though. Who cares? This is only a football forum where people may or may not bring up stuff.

So a player cannot say anything after a loss that they were in no way involved in? 

A player also cannot use their platform and profile to promote a local Bristol business in times where they probably need it because we lost? 

If Adelakun had posted the story saying look at me I've had my 100k plus worth of cars detailed ps **** you City fans, buzzing that we lost 6-0 I would agree but the man had his car cleaned for ***** sake, there is plenty to be angry about at the moment, a man having his car cleaned is not that. 

1 minute ago, Spud55 said:

So a player cannot say anything after a loss that they were in no way involved in? 

A player also cannot use their platform and profile to promote a local Bristol business in times where they probably need it because we lost? 

If Adelakun had posted the story saying look at me I've had my 100k plus worth of cars detailed ps **** you City fans, buzzing that we lost 6-0 I would agree but the man had his car cleaned for ***** sake, there is plenty to be angry about at the moment, a man having his car cleaned is not that. 

Timing maybe not a bit off for you?

No skin off my nose, just still irritated we lost 6-0. Would have probably been the last thing on my mind to promote anything through social media.

Different times I guess.

3 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Timing maybe not a bit off for you?

No skin off my nose, just still irritated we lost 6-0. Would have probably been the last thing on my mind to promote anything through social media.

Different times I guess.

So if you're off work and someone you work with ***** up, you will immediately stop doing anything outside of work to reflect on something that was precisely nothing to do with you?

1 minute ago, Spud55 said:

So if you're off work and someone you work with ***** up, you will immediately stop doing anything outside of work to reflect on something that was precisely nothing to do with you?

No. But I would not put it on social media until maybe the day after, or the day after that.

But then, I wash my car often and despite it being a very nice car, I see no reason that people would be interested in my car being washed. Unless I had at least 25,000 people that may see it and a business that washed my car for me for free because of that.

Like I say, different times.

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

What's this WE? I haven't had a bill for an Audi- have you? I also haven't received a letter asking me to contribute to the £10 million ++++ losses?

Have you?

Have you not contributed to the clubs income in any way? I really cannot believe that. I’ve contributed thousands over the last 20 years.

Lansdown’s mess to sort out anyway. 20 years of not a lot really, save an asset portfolio that will soon include hotel, arena, conference centre, flats.

Yes, I get it, the stadium has been improved.

6 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Have you not contributed to the clubs income in any way? I really cannot believe that. I’ve contributed thousands over the last 20 years.

Lansdown’s mess to sort out anyway. 20 years of not a lot really, save an asset portfolio that will soon include hotel, arena, conference centre, flats.

Thanks, the post you are quoting is odd and I still have no idea on what the poster was getting at.

50 minutes ago, 054123 said:

If you had a season ticket, at todays prices, every year for the last 20 years - congratulations, that's covered Nahki Wells wages from about the past 3 days ?

3 hours ago, TomThumb84 said:

No. But I would not put it on social media until maybe the day after, or the day after that.

But then, I wash my car often and despite it being a very nice car, I see no reason that people would be interested in my car being washed. Unless I had at least 25,000 people that may see it and a business that washed my car for me for free because of that.

Perhaps he should've waited until Sunday or Monday before even getting his car washed. I could understand if we'd lost 2-0 or something but not after a 6-0 drubbing.

It would also be disrespectful to fans if he does anything enjoyable this weekend such as taking a Valentines day walk in the park with his partner. Or watching one of his favourite films, especially if he watches it on a big and expensive television.

56 minutes ago, The dastardly red said:

Perhaps he should've waited until Sunday or Monday before even getting his car washed. I could understand if we'd lost 2-0 or something but not after a 6-0 drubbing.

It would also be disrespectful to fans if he does anything enjoyable this weekend such as taking a Valentines day walk in the park with his partner. Or watching one of his favourite films, especially if he watches it on a big and expensive television.

Yes, yes, great post and point.

Hopefully in line with your post, he chooses not to put his Valentine walk or film on social media. On his big television.

What is your point? Just nominal sarcasm?

7 hours ago, TomThumb84 said:

Your right it is different times 

Social media is huge now and is one of the best forms of advertising for your business, 

absolutely nothing to worry, he’s doing someone a favour, good on him 

8 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

If you had a season ticket, at todays prices, every year for the last 20 years - congratulations, that's covered Nahki Wells wages from about the past 3 days ?

Absolutely, so in principle people do contribute toward the club and it’s expenditure.

For clarity, I can’t see an issue with Adeluken cleaning his car. But I also don’t see the need to drag Steve Lansdown into this, with the usually doe eyed adulation that comes with it.

Archived