IGNORED

EFL confirms 25 man squads

Bristolcityyatton

The EFL has published the squad lists of every team for the second half of the season:

EFL.com squad lists

No Wiemann, Adelakun or Pring - their injuries must be the most serious and their seasons are over. Shame as Weimann would certainly improve our attack and Pring would be an option at left wingback.  Under 23 players, including Semenyo, Massengo, Nurse and the Edwards brothers are on a separate list - I didn't post it here so the post doesn't get stupidly long! 

1 Baker, Nathan Luke
2 Bakinson, Tyreeq Jamal Adeshina Oliveira
3 Bentley, Daniel Ian
4 Dasilva, Jay Rhys
5 Diedhiou, Famara
6 Hunt, Jack Paul
7 Kalas, Tomas
8 Lansbury, Henri George
9 Mariappa, Adrian Joseph
10 Martin, Christopher Hugh
11 Mawson, Alfie Robert John
12 Moore, Taylor David
13 Nagy, Adam
14 O'Dowda, Callum Joshua Ryan
15 O'Leary, Max Edward
16 Palmer, Kasey Remel
17 Paterson, Jamie Charles Stuart
18 Rowe, Thomas Malcolm
19 Sessegnon, Zeze Steven
20 Vyner, Zachary George Onyego
21 Walsh, Liam
22 Watkins, Marley Joseph
23 Wells, Nahki Michael
24 Williams, Joseph Michael
25 Wollacott, Joseph Luke

6 minutes ago, markcarter said:

Officially confirms that Moore and Vyner are NOT young players.  Does my head in that even yesterday I saw people saying that one of the problems was we had a very young defence. No we did not.  We had a young player at left wing back.  That’s it.

Agreed. Vyner has truly made the step up this season by establishing himself in the first team.

Still massive question marks over Taylor Moore. He’s got the rest of the season, with Baker and Mawson out, to prove himself.

However, I think this summer could be the end of the road for him at City.

25 minutes ago, B-Rizzle said:

Agreed. Vyner has truly made the step up this season by establishing himself in the first team.

Still massive question marks over Taylor Moore. He’s got the rest of the season, with Baker and Mawson out, to prove himself.

However, I think this summer could be the end of the road for him at City.

He is not a left sided player any more than Mariappa is - Kalas has played that side and is the most experienced defender. He could have taken some responsibility to protect Towler. Captain in name only for me.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

The most interesting thing about that list is that 20% of them have more than 1 middle name. That must be well above the national average. 
At least were ‘up there’ in something  ?

Yep, if nothing else we're learning some middle names! 

Some great ones here too!

Bristol City - Under 21 Contract Players

1 Bell, Samuel John

2 Benarous, Ayman Omar

3 Britton, Louis Sidney

4 Buse, William Jack

5 Conway, Tommy Daniel John

6 Edwards, Opanin Osafo-Adjei

7 Edwards, Owura Nsiah

8 Harper, Vincent

9 Hinds, Fredrick Peter

10 Janneh, Saikou

11 Low, Joseph David

12 Massengo, Han-Noah

13 Morton, James Samuel

14 Nurse, George Damien

15 Owers, Joshua Gary

16 Pearson, Samuel

17 Robertson, Lochlan

18 Semenyo, Antoine Serlom

19 Smith, Zachary William Prince

20 Soady, Barnaby James

21 Taylor, James John

22 Towler, Ryley Ben

23 Webb, Bradley James

24 Wiles-Richards, Harvey Jo

1 hour ago, nickolas said:

Cant wait! Getting him on the pitch should epitimise the joke we are currently viewing! ?

Because our track record of players from Aberdeen has been so successful in the past? Oh sorry, I just remembered Richard Foster. Question answered in the negative!

1 hour ago, nickolas said:

Cant wait! Getting him on the pitch should epitimise the joke we are currently viewing! ?

Marley Watkins would improve our MF at the moment I have no doubt. Remember the last couple of games he played for us, Barnsley and Cardiff, did a very good job and added real physicality to the side and happy to mix it. Was poorly treated (like many) by Johnson IMO, and I questioned if he'd ever played football  when I saw him first. 

3 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I really think Moore is far more comfortable in a back 4. He looks a bit confused in a back 3 how to position himself. Yesterday and Norwich games for example. 

He looks completely lost on that left side, starting with him and Towler against Sarr was one of the most ridiculous decisions ever. In a 3 Vs Sheff U when he played further right, I thought he did well. Holden should have told him just to sit in yesterday, he shouldn't have gone ahead of Towler, he just left space for Sarr to have a field day.

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Just as a thought on this.

If we’ve now named our 25 man squad, which includes two out for season (Martin/Mawson), does that now preclude us from signing a free agent left back as he can’t be registered? Or are we allowed to permanently swap one of the 25 out should we make a signing?

90523A4F-8420-4217-AC51-BA28FEFEB93F.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

@JonDolman stupid thing is Taylor Moore looked like he had pace when he came here.  He’s quite too heavy now, and looks slower.

I never saw that even early on. Really noticeable yesterday though, that with the ball over the top, unless he had 5 yards start he struggled. 

If anyone still doubts we have a lot of dead wood they should read the above 2 lists.   One positive I have ongoing is the knowledge that 11 of that 25 plus the 3 not included are not contracted to us next year.  A good manager will look at this and think they can make a big difference and quickly.  

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

I never saw that even early on. Really noticeable yesterday though, that with the ball over the top, unless he had 5 yards start he struggled. 

⬇️⬇️⬇️

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Yep I thought he looked a bit more mobile when he first joined

My initial post should have said “top” heavy, not “too” heavy.

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Marley Watkins would improve our MF at the moment I have no doubt. Remember the last couple of games he played for us, Barnsley and Cardiff, did a very good job and added real physicality to the side and happy to mix it. Was poorly treated (like many) by Johnson IMO, and I questioned if he'd ever played football  when I saw him first. 

Did well enough at Aberdeen for McInnes to want him permanently. Couple of sheep sh*****s that I know were quite pleased with him. Puts in a shift every game. Few assists and the odd goal. Another unlucky injury. Think he would of got a run of games back in the team after his loan spell. 

5 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Yep, if nothing else we're learning some middle names! 

Some great ones here too!

Bristol City - Under 21 Contract Players

1 Bell, Samuel John

2 Benarous, Ayman Omar

3 Britton, Louis Sidney

4 Buse, William Jack

5 Conway, Tommy Daniel John

6 Edwards, Opanin Osafo-Adjei

7 Edwards, Owura Nsiah

8 Harper, Vincent

9 Hinds, Fredrick Peter

10 Janneh, Saikou

11 Low, Joseph David

12 Massengo, Han-Noah

13 Morton, James Samuel

14 Nurse, George Damien

15 Owers, Joshua Gary

16 Pearson, Samuel

17 Robertson, Lochlan

18 Semenyo, Antoine Serlom

19 Smith, Zachary William Prince

20 Soady, Barnaby James

21 Taylor, James John

22 Towler, Ryley Ben

23 Webb, Bradley James

24 Wiles-Richards, Harvey Jo

Semenyo's parents really didn't think those initials through...

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

My initial post should have said “top” heavy, not “too” heavy.

I take your point, you may well be right, but I don't remember thinking he had any real pace. Quite possible he's bulked up.

Definitely a case of deceptive pace, even slower than he looks.

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I take your point, you may well be right, but I don't remember thinking he had any real pace. Quite possible he's bulked up.

Definitely a case of deceptive pace, even slower than he looks.

We always seem to get young players to pile on loads of muscle. I’m not sure it helps. It’s done nothing for Moore, certainly not added anything to HNM’s game. In fairness, it helped Bobby Reid but then he didn’t appear to go as far as some. 

Other thing I noticed from both lists... no Aden Baldwin... wasn’t the spin that he would be back?  

1 hour ago, Mendip City said:

We always seem to get young players to pile on loads of muscle. I’m not sure it helps. It’s done nothing for Moore, certainly not added anything to HNM’s game. In fairness, it helped Bobby Reid but then he didn’t appear to go as far as some. 

Other thing I noticed from both lists... no Aden Baldwin... wasn’t the spin that he would be back?  

Bobby did his at 23 not 18.  Not sure if that means he did it whilst not growing, and that helped???

Archived