IGNORED

Admin on here

Yoyo2345

I can’t say I’ve seen a load of abuse on here - after days like yesterday, emotions are obviously running high, but I didn’t see anything that I thought verged into abusive.

Where I do think things are over-moderated is the excessive merging. Great example yesterday when a “comedy” thread and a thread about boycotting Robins TV was merged into  one about general Robins TV issues. That was bizarre. I’ve also seen threads merged into ones that started three months ago (Holden out now is different to Holden out then, even if it’s the same subject). It’s also bloody annoying when you’re trying to “follow” a thread and all of a sudden three separate conversations merge.

Sorry, off topic - haven’t seen abuse, have seen annoying merges!

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I can’t say I’ve seen a load of abuse on here - after days like yesterday, emotions are obviously running high, but I didn’t see anything that I thought verged into abusive.

Where I do think things are over-moderated is the excessive merging. Great example yesterday when a “comedy” thread and a thread about boycotting Robins TV was merged into  one about general Robins TV issues. That was bizarre. I’ve also seen threads merged into ones that started three months ago (Holden out now is different to Holden out then, even if it’s the same subject). It’s also bloody annoying when you’re trying to “follow” a thread and all of a sudden three separate conversations merge.

Sorry, off topic - haven’t seen abuse, have seen annoying merges!

I agree. The thread-merging has become a bit annoying lately. 
Merge when the same topics are being actively discussed, yes, but as you say, merging something from weeks ago doesn’t make sense to me. 
Hopefully the mods can take on this genuine advice. 

51 minutes ago, Yoyo2345 said:

Do they even exist...... 

Yes we do, but we also have lives away from the forum and we can't read every post

Yesterday alone there were 201 new topics and 3,323 posts.  

Use the report button and it'll be dealt with as soon as logistically possible. 

Just now, Fordy62 said:

We should probably address multiple poster names as well while we’re here eh?!

I'd have more time to read and moderate posts if it wasn't for the people who hate this place but can't stay away with multiple accounts. 

It really isn't just about your IP addresses anymore, so don't think a VPN will save you.. 

5 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Admin shouldn't exist. We live in a free world so if you dont like something as long as its not illegal move on dont read anymore. Online world is so bubble wrapped to protect feelings these days its embarrassing 

People like you are the reason for admin and moderators existing.

13 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Admin shouldn't exist. We live in a free world so if you dont like something as long as its not illegal move on dont read anymore. Online world is so bubble wrapped to protect feelings these days its embarrassing 

Do you expect this place to magically operate on its own then? 

22 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

free_speech.png

It's American but the same principle.

• Admin
3 hours ago, Yoyo2345 said:

Maybe you should do something about some of the abuse people get on posts from other people, it's not good at at all.

See the reply below from Tom

54 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

I'd say the fact that you aren't aware of any problems speaks volumes that everything is under control 

3 hours ago, BigTone said:

There is the option of reporting a post if needed.

We do get a regular number of reports, but oddly people don't often write what they are reporting 

2 hours ago, TomF said:

Yes we do, but we also have lives away from the forum and we can't read every post

Yesterday alone there were 201 new topics and 3,323 posts.  

Use the report button and it'll be dealt with as soon as logistically possible. 

@Yoyo2345it's not easy keeping an eye on every post, I'm not sure people appreciate or realise how much activity there is on here.

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Where I do think things are over-moderated is the excessive merging. Great example yesterday when a thread about boycotting Robins TV was merged into  one about general Robins TV issues.

Part of this is because we get there first and remove comments.

I think part of the problem with merging (this is my opinion) we can see a thread and read it as being associated with a previous thread, but then in hindsight it's not. We do get multiple threads about the same topic, I guess the fact it mostly goes unnoticed is a good thing. 

I've found the thread you mentioned and separated it again from where you mentioned

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

See the reply below from Tom

I'd say the fact that you aren't aware of any problems speaks volumes that everything is under control 

We do get a regular number of reports, but oddly people don't often write what they are reporting 

@Yoyo2345it's not easy keeping an eye on every post, I'm not sure people appreciate or realise how much activity there is on here.

Part of this is because we get there first and remove comments.

I think part of the problem with merging (this is my opinion) we can see a thread and read it as being associated with a previous thread, but then in hindsight it's not. We do get multiple threads about the same topic, I guess the fact it mostly goes unnoticed is a good thing. 

I've found the thread you mentioned and separated it again from where you mentioned

Cheers, and the job done is appreciated. 

I wonder on the merge point (unless it’s clear and obvious - eg two match day threads titled as such) whether the solution may be a “half hour” before merging. That way it can be seen if the thread develops the same way as an existing one/has interest as a solus topic?

1 hour ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Jeez..........:facepalm:

Who do think runs this site?  Do you imagine it’s run by an AI hub?

Archived