IGNORED

The (form) table doesn’t lie

Dr Balls

Take a look at the form table and it makes for grim reading.

https://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england2

Last 6 matches: 23rd

Last 8 matches: 21st

Last 10 matches: 21st

Last 12 matches: 22nd

The other clubs on such bad runs are Huddersfield, Wycombe, Stoke, Birmingham, Bournemouth, Coventry and latterly Middlesbrough. Our only hope for survival this season is that Wycombe, Birmingham and one other club below us pick up less points, but only Wycombe have lost more games than us, which in itself is a very sobering stat. We have picked up 9 points in the last 12 games based in part on 2 sketchy wins against one of those struggling teams (Wycombe and Huddersfield).

In addition, of the teams below us in the actual table, there are a quite a number who are coming into form (Derby, Forest, even Sheffield Wednesday). Everything points to us falling into a difficult relegation scrap pretty soon, unless significant changes are made. 

Not the time for having a rookie Head Coach in charge.

28 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

Yep. Don’t get the people dismissing relegation talk as ridiculous. I think we’re in the relegation zone over the last 15, 16 games too.

There are still 17 games to to. If we are in relegation form for those games too there is a very good chance we will be relegated. 

I've said it for a couple of weeks that I was starting to look at the bottom of the table and got laughed at,

We are in a real danger unless results and performances improve in the next 5 games

As I said in another thread - For those who feel that relegation is an impossibility, here's a sobering thought. Approximately one third of City's points this season have come from the first 4 matches. As we've not played 29 matches, that's apretty damning statistic.

5 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

As I said in another thread - For those who feel that relegation is an impossibility, here's a sobering thought. Approximately one third of City's points this season have come from the first 4 matches. As we've not played 29 matches, that's apretty damning statistic.

One third exactly if you expand it to five games. We’ve taken 26 points from our last 24 games. Very much relegation battle form.

22 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I've said it for a couple of weeks that I was starting to look at the bottom of the table and got laughed at,

We are in a real danger unless results and performances improve in the next 5 games

I put £5 on it at 50/1 after we lost to Luton. Those odds have been slashed to 22/1 now, but still offers good value if you want to insure yourself against a relegation!

Trouble is, this thread starts from a position of footballing success or failure being relevant. 

what is doesn’t take account of is the only thing that seems to matter now, the business. Relegation? So what? TV Turnover down - but the same number of people will turn up, cut costs, sack a few people, reduced wages.... it’s all good. Oh and the events revenue will be the same and the houses will still get built... 

min the round, I’d suggest footballing success will actually cost SL far more than relegation would. 

Good post and good spot. I have been consistent and always said our performances did not merit the higher elevation of the Championship...those first 5 wins might well save our bacon as we need 11 points from some 20 odd games...

think back to Forest away.. Barnsley away...Bents played a worldie in those games, and others, to rescue undeserved points.  

ironically I am not in the DH out camp yet...the merry go round would not make much difference, we need LHS players to sort out this ridiculous imbalance in the side 

6 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Well. Clearly taking the first 4 games, where we were picking up point at a world record rate of 3 ppg seems a little unfair. But, yes, since then we've been picking up points at a massive 1 ppg (okay 1.08 ppg), which is a relegation rate.

games: 4:25, points: 12:27, ppg 3:1

And the truth is that in those first 4 games we had a fortunate win v Cov and a spectacular MOM performance from Dan Bentley v Forest.

So, yes, the points taken in the first 4 games slightly mask the underlying problem. But the only people hiding behind that are those running BCFC. Christ this is no better than Tisdale's reign at the Gas, and even they realsied they'd made a mistake and are trying to do something about it.

1 hour ago, Robin101 said:

Yep. Don’t get the people dismissing relegation talk as ridiculous. I think we’re in the relegation zone over the last 15, 16 games too.

There are still 17 games to to. If we are in relegation form for those games too there is a very good chance we will be relegated. 

Could find ourselves right in the mire by mid March, majority of this division has found us out and this lot don’t seem to have the balls for a battle. 

23 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Jesus christ

24 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

One third exactly if you expand it to five games. We’ve taken 26 points from our last 24 games. Very much relegation battle form.

I put £5 on it at 50/1 after we lost to Luton. Those odds have been slashed to 22/1 now, but still offers good value if you want to insure yourself against a relegation!

That’s the spirit!

If we lose the next game I’d be very surprised if DH didn’t get the boot.  You can blame Ashton and injuries all you like, but DH still has some good players at his disposal, who he has worked with for long enough, and he can’t get a tune out of them   and hasn’t done for months.  He never should have got the job, it was obvious to almost everyone that he didn’t have the credentials.

11 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

If we lose the next game I’d be very surprised if DH didn’t get the boot.  You can blame Ashton and injuries all you like, but DH still has some good players at his disposal, who he has worked with for long enough, and he can’t get a tune out of them   and hasn’t done for months. 

That's how I see it too. Bounce back with a reasonable performance and a win on Tuesday and Holden survives - for now. 

Another abject defeat, with no sign of a reaction from the players, then I think the axe will probably come down. 

22 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

If we lose the next game I’d be very surprised if DH didn’t get the boot.  You can blame Ashton and injuries all you like, but DH still has some good players at his disposal, who he has worked with for long enough, and he can’t get a tune out of them   and hasn’t done for months.  He never should have got the job, it was obvious to almost everyone that he didn’t have the credentials.

I'll be surprised if he doesn't get the boot before the game.

37 minutes ago, NewquayRed said:

Could find ourselves right in the mire by mid March, majority of this division has found us out and this lot don’t seem to have the balls for a battle. 

Another stat, I’m not sure has been mentioned, only 3 teams have a worse goal difference than us. I always think goal difference is a good indicator of the truth of your position. 

2 hours ago, Greedo said:

Unacceptable. And the saddest part is none of this was unexpected when Holden got the gig. We could all see this exact situation coming. All except, apparently, the powers that be at the club. Truly worrying. 

With one of those powers being paid a reported 500k. Nice work if you can get it. 

Archived