IGNORED

Boycott Robins TV?

westonred

If MA and DH arn't sacked tonight we ought to boycott Robins TV . The only thing the club seem interested in is making money, without the money coming in for streaming games the club might realise just how unhappy the fans are and take action. 

TBH it might do us all a favour not watching it

Just now, westonred said:

If MA and DH arn't sacked tonight we ought to boycott Robins TV . The only thing the club seem interested in is making money, without the money coming in for streaming games the club might realise just how unhappy the fans are and take action. 

Happy to oblige.....watched all the games so far.......now had enough

2 minutes ago, westonred said:

The club don't make money.

Agree with the sentiment however.

7 minutes ago, westonred said:

At the very least il save myself a tenner. 

17 minutes ago, westonred said:

I have been boycotting ever since DH was appointed!

If those that are responsible for the appointment are gone, I may return. ?

2 hours ago, westonred said:

Absolutely and season tickets

I'm not going to boycott it, but I can't sit through anymore of the never ending dross , so I won't be watching until something positive happens at the club. I only had half an eye on it yesterday once we were  2 down, and turned the commentary off after about 3 minutes. Earlier in the season we used to hang on in the second half now we can't even hang on until the 2nd minute!

I think even the main commentator was struggling to find a way to put a positive spin on it yesterday.

My main gripe isn't him, as bad as he is, its a job for him and he gets paid by the Club to do so and he has to tow the line. It's more the corporate feel to it all and is more like a Bristol Sport propaganda station than anything. 

Thank god we didn't have to listen to Gilmartin filling every second worth a word though throughout the game yesterday complaining about the final turd

5 minutes ago, Out of his pie crust said:

Wouldn’t doing all this (boycotting season tickets etc..) just be detrimental to the club though? I mean long term we’ll all still be fans after lansdown/Ashton etc have moved on. How does boycotting help city?

If you choose to do it, it sends a clear message that you're not happy with what's being served up. For many people it feels like a financial hit is the only type of message that will be noticed.  

For me, it feels like the football can become as appalling as it likes, as long as we're still shifting enough tickets/Robins TV, nothing will change.

17 minutes ago, Out of his pie crust said:

Wouldn’t doing all this (boycotting season tickets etc..) just be detrimental to the club though? I mean long term we’ll all still be fans after lansdown/Ashton etc have moved on. How does boycotting help city?

I’ll tell you what’s detrimental to the club. Mark Ashton and Dean Holden. 

Get rid of them and we’d be far better off. 

3 minutes ago, 2015 said:

I think even the main commentator was struggling to find a way to put a positive spin on it yesterday.

My main gripe isn't him, as bad as he is, its a job for him and he gets paid by the Club to do so and he has to tow the line. It's more the corporate feel to it all and is more like a Bristol Sport propaganda station than anything. 

Thank god we didn't have to listen to Gilmartin filling every second worth a word though throughout the game yesterday complaining about the final turd

I think he'd have been complaining about our turd, and the middle turd as well. But it's always good to get the final turd out. No complaints from me there.

There is a germ of an idea here.

Ultimately, in normal times, the club would really take notice if fans stopped attending on match days - even if ST income was banked, there’s loss of casual revenue.

The club don’t make much from Robins TV (they make something), but it’s more so the message. If “buys” on Robins TV are down, you have to assume that those fans also wouldn’t have attended in normal times - and may not come back...

If the “buys” on Robins TV drop drastically it’ll alarm the club, not because of current revenue, but likely future direction.

As for me, I’ll decide Tuesday. Couldn’t put myself through that yesterday but not boycotting, just feel there are better ways to spend £10 at the moment - and I just don’t see Holden getting a positive reaction 

Just now, CyderInACan said:

I’ll tell you what’s detrimental to the club. Mark Ashton and Dean Holden. 

Get rid of them and we’d be far better off. 

Don’t disagree with that, feels like boycotting the club though just ends up with jobs getting cut, limiting our choices in terms of players we can sign etc.. 

22 minutes ago, Out of his pie crust said:

I'm not suggesting a long term boycott If fans were allowed in the ground SL would here the crowds anger and frustration so DH has got off lightly so far. If people chose to boycott a game in great numbers SL would realise that there is a major problem and the fans are not going to just sit back and accept the awful football we are experiencing.

2 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

When you think, the % of people that purchase Robins TV that are also a member of this forum and decide they don't want to watch the game 

sorry will have no impact

Yes that has some resonance. However some will not buy it, not because they are boycotting the stream but simply are not going to subject themselves to the nonsense! 

I paid for the season so I’m buggered but if you thought to yourself I’m going to watch what my Mrs wants on Tuesday, I would not blame you! Many are going to! 

2 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

When you think, the % of people that purchase Robins TV that are also a member of this forum and decide they don't want to watch the game 

sorry will have no impact

It’s not just us though is it?

People on this forum naturally have a love for City. I’m not saying we’re the only die hards, but by nature of being on here we’re more interested than a “casual” fan.

It therefore stands to reason that members of this forum are also more likely to buy Robins TV.

Therefore, outside the formal “boycott” piece, if you have fans (like me, ST holder, regular Robins TV purchaser) saying “Nah, can’t put myself through that”, then you have to assume the more casual fans are also going to do the same (particularly when champions league on)

The message isn’t in a few people boycotting. It’s in lots of people not formally boycotting but just having had enough - akin to crowds at AG being down - and that’s what would worry the management 

Archived