IGNORED

Boycott Robins TV?

westonred

3 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

When you think, the % of people that purchase Robins TV that are also a member of this forum and decide they don't want to watch the game 

sorry will have no impact

I don't think giving Robins TV a miss will be restricted to OTIB members. I know plenty of others that have better things to do with £10. If there is a significant drop off in Robins TV sales, I'm sure it will be noted.

5 minutes ago, westonred said:

I'm not suggesting a long term boycott If fans were allowed in the ground SL would here the crowds anger and frustration so DH has got off lightly so far. If people chose to boycott a game in great numbers SL would realise that there is a major problem and the fans are not going to just sit back and accept the awful football we are experiencing.

Fair enough. Don’t think I’d do it myself but who knows, it might trigger a reaction. As to the torture of watching further games on robins tv, for me (clearly masochistic) there’s something about subjecting yourself to the journey of pain to come out the otherside some way down the line. Wouldn’t feel right to duck out and rejoin when things are better ?

I said to myself after the Cardiff game I wouldn’t pay for another one . Made a decision yesterday at 14:55 to swallow my pride and tune in. “One last time” if it was the usual garbage, I promised myself. Switched off 32 mins into the first half.

I’m fully done now. I’d like to think of myself to be as loyal as they come when it comes to this football club, like I’m sure many of you do too, but something has to change now. From the top down. Until that happens, I will not be spending my hard earned cash to watch that every week

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

It therefore stands to reason that members of this forum are also more likely to buy Robins TV.

I think you'll find there are quite a few on here who also watch it for free on dodgy streams......if some of the posts are to be believed!

?

• Admin
32 minutes ago, Out of his pie crust said:

Don’t disagree with that, feels like boycotting the club though just ends up with jobs getting cut, limiting our choices in terms of players we can sign etc.. 

Mark Ashton earns over £500k a year, compared to supporters not purchasing Robins TV, I am clear which is damaging the club more

Football is a business (which has become more apparent in recent years), the club are selling a service, if you aren’t happy with the product/service then you don’t purchase again untill improvements have been made, or the price adjusted due to quality. 

In other words, don’t pay for the game until you are happy with performance/results and perhaps this might make people stand up and take notice.  

Iv already made a promise to myself not to buy another game untill we win 2 games in a row or the manager has been changed.

1 hour ago, Out of his pie crust said:

Wouldn’t doing all this (boycotting season tickets etc..) just be detrimental to the club though? I mean long term we’ll all still be fans after lansdown/Ashton etc have moved on. How does boycotting help city?

It’s a good point.

Whatever other outlet should we follow to register our unhappiness with the regieme?

38 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

I don't think giving Robins TV a miss will be restricted to OTIB members. I know plenty of others that have better things to do with £10. If there is a significant drop off in Robins TV sales, I'm sure it will be noted.

I am sure you are correct, but the OP was trying to organised a boycott, my point was about how much effect that would have, as OTIB only represents a percentage of viewers and of these only a percentage would boycott

9 minutes ago, beaverface said:

When we pay a tenner to watch robins tv, where does that money go? Is it 100% to City? Or 50% 50% with our opponents? Or Is it split with the EFL also?

This will answer your question:

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2020/september/club-statement/

IIRC our streaming numbers early we’re huge (something like 20k), so a healthy income, albeit not match day normality.

Key paragraph is this:

2E3541D0-8EF7-4DA3-ABBB-8FA9D1C9E5C9.jpeg

2 hours ago, Lew-T said:

City are on the red button Tuesday, not that it really matters. I wouldn’t watch us for free...

Exactly. Il pass. Absolute garbage. 

2 hours ago, Lew-T said:

City are on the red button Tuesday, not that it really matters. I wouldn’t watch us for free...

2 hours ago, westonred said:

I'm not suggesting a long term boycott If fans were allowed in the ground SL would here the crowds anger and frustration so DH has got off lightly so far. If people chose to boycott a game in great numbers SL would realise that there is a major problem and the fans are not going to just sit back and accept the awful football we are experiencing.

To be fair, I don't think Lansdown expects us to do that. I'm sure he would rather we were playing like Brazil as well. But he won't sack his mates until we are all but down, if even then.

I don't really think that it would achieve anything (unless people gave the money to charity, of course). And I don't think that enough people would boycott, primarily because there is **** all else to - look forward to??? - at the moment.

Radio Bristol has been a lot better in recent times.

Commentator and co-commentator pile in these days and there is none of the siding with the club and dressing things up, like the old days.

Gary Owers or Chris Honor, and the bloke commentating, do NOT hold back. They say what they see.

Twentyman is excellent too.

Embarrassing, unacceptable, pathetic, no fight, people hiding, where are the leaders? etc etc

It's a really good listen, and refreshing that no one comes out with, oh well, injuries, blah blah blah.

I'm more than happy to follow on the radio, until we can get back to going to the games again.

No other way we can protest at the moment, have say I’m in. 
Time for or those of us still owed money for pre paid parking to demand our money back - the club have ignored every one of us so far! 
Somehow the BUSINESS of the club needs targeting - the only weapon we have at the moment is that the BUSINESS needs cash and as much of it as they can get!

48 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

This will answer your question:

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2020/september/club-statement/

IIRC our streaming numbers early we’re huge (something like 20k), so a healthy income, albeit not match day normality.

Key paragraph is this:

2E3541D0-8EF7-4DA3-ABBB-8FA9D1C9E5C9.jpeg

Streaming revenue splits are different between Lg1 and Lg2.  I can’t remember the logic, but I think in Lg1 it’s based on previous year away attendance as a cap, whereas Lg2 it’s split on an agreed cap (500) across the league.  In the Champ, whoever sells the “stream” gets the revenue....I think.

2 hours ago, Redtucks said:

I think you'll find there are quite a few on here who also watch it for free on dodgy streams......if some of the posts are to be believed!

?

That’s usually only possible when we play one of the “big” teams if it were us against Wykham there is no way it would be streamed

Archived