IGNORED

Boycott Robins TV?

westonred

On 13/02/2021 at 17:10, westonred said:

If MA and DH arn't sacked tonight we ought to boycott Robins TV . The only thing the club seem interested in is making money, without the money coming in for streaming games the club might realise just how unhappy the fans are and take action. 

TBH it might do us all a favour not watching it

The club have just announced that following yesterday's horrific broadcast, the remaining Robins TV fixtures this season will be rated Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

9 hours ago, Med/MadHatter said:
9 hours ago, Med/MadHatter said:

I work away from home for 14 days at a time, and only home for a few days a month and because of the time difference between the UK and here (Canada, -7 hours) I only get the chance to watch 2 or 3 games a month, and I'm struggling to even find the enthusiasm watch those tbh

I’d rather walk from Medicine Hat to Calgary, naked, in January, than watch the next game for “just £10”.

13 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

I’d rather walk from Medicine Hat to Calgary, naked, in January, than watch the next game for “just £10”.

January was ok for temperature for a change -30C plus now :laugh:, and I feel the same, I watch the games I can just in the hope things will change but it's getting harder to watch now and it's  a bloody shame considering the amount of money being ploughed into the club by Steve Lansdown, if I was him I would be angry as f@ck seeing the football side of my empire in such a sh!t state.

I've said before if someone could set up a petition, avoiding pointing the finger at any one individual but more on the loss of momentum over recent years, wasted opportunities, sinking to such low depths in expectations from the crowd and more importantly the football World in general then I reckon 90% of supporters who came across it would sign. To be presented to SL and he would I'm sure act upon it. 

30 minutes ago, extonsred said:

I've said before if someone could set up a petition, avoiding pointing the finger at any one individual but more on the loss of momentum over recent years, wasted opportunities, sinking to such low depths in expectations from the crowd and more importantly the football World in general then I reckon 90% of supporters who came across it would sign. To be presented to SL and he would I'm sure act upon it. 

A questionnaire compiled by the Supporters Trust you'd think, with the results forwarded to those at the top?

Provided the ST feel the same disillusionment as most of us of course.

On 13/02/2021 at 19:43, Slippin cider said:

Everyone who paid to access Robins TV today should be reimbursed....no question about it! 

18 minutes ago, Redandproud said:

Already inquired about this, there answer was, "No Refunds" 

Why would you get a refund?? Robins TV was working was it not??

You paid to watch the game. You didnt pay for a good performance.

53 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Why would you get a refund?? Robins TV was working was it not??

You paid to watch the game. You didnt pay for a good performance.

I didn’t pay , and wouldn’t, I just thought it would have been a nice gesture, if  1000 odd fans had travelled to watch that dirge I dare say it would’ve been a different story, even a pass for the next game would’ve been something....oh well .

Someone suggested in Saturday’s match day thread that it’d be a good idea to donate to charity rather than pay £10 to watch the dross on offer. I’m sorry that I can’t give the person suggesting credit as I don’t recall who it was, but I think it’s a very good idea.

Feel free to join me, or not... Im completely happy to stand alone on this, but I’d rather give my tenner to charity. I won’t be buying tomorrow’s game. 

When you have the financial clout of SL, The financial effects won’t be felt, and fair play to those of you who continually put yourselves through it, but my charity choice can put the £10 to better use than the club will. 

(Can I also add that those of you who aren’t OTIB subscribers pay your £5 subscription, I doubt you’ll find better entertainment value (please read forum for whinging) anywhere.)

Heres where my £10 is going. 

069D4390-6257-4A02-A16F-F5B3252150DA.png

On 13/02/2021 at 17:10, westonred said:

If MA and DH arn't sacked tonight we ought to boycott Robins TV . The only thing the club seem interested in is making money, without the money coming in for streaming games the club might realise just how unhappy the fans are and take action. 

TBH it might do us all a favour not watching it

I’ve done mine mate. Good call. 

42DB603F-4B8C-47A7-9BB6-AF10BCF95412.png

1 hour ago, Slippin cider said:

I didn’t pay , and wouldn’t, I just thought it would have been a nice gesture, if  1000 odd fans had travelled to watch that dirge I dare say it would’ve been a different story, even a pass for the next game would’ve been something....oh well .

If you dont pay... can you really complain about anything??

I mean if you are streaming the game... then you are costing the club revenue. Thats your choice, but dont expect the club to spend millions on players.

44 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I’ve done mine mate. Good call. 

42DB603F-4B8C-47A7-9BB6-AF10BCF95412.png

Top Man

With the Passing of Lester Solway this week I donated mine to the RNLI

Thank you – you’re a lifesaver
Hello Roger,

Thank you so much for being part of our lifesaving crew. Your donations keep our volunteers going through the tough times. With you behind them, they'll answer every call for help.

Your kindness touches the lives of all kinds of people – our lifesavers and those they rescue.

29 minutes ago, Riaz said:

I mean if you are streaming the game... then you are costing the club revenue. Thats your choice, but dont expect the club to spend millions on players.

You’re missing my point , I am not complaining personally as I have no grounds to as I niether use the city player OR stream games , but feel that for those that do pay to watch the city player it would’ve been nice to see the club maybe offer a pass for the next game as the performance at Watford was so bad .

1 hour ago, Slippin cider said:

You’re missing my point , I am not complaining personally as I have no grounds to as I niether use the city player OR stream games , but feel that for those that do pay to watch the city player it would’ve been nice to see the club maybe offer a pass for the next game as the performance at Watford was so bad .

Club has lost millions thru the pandemic, had to spend more money on extra signings cos of our injury list..

And the club should be giving money away...

bit unreasonable 

3 minutes ago, Mr Chappers said:

A better option is to accept that injuries are crippling us, and keep supporting the Club.

Oh, and tell the Robins TV commentary team that we are not play off contenders with the players available!

But it's not the injured players who are playing...it's the fit ones who are supposedly good enough to be part of a Championship squad.

The squad system is designed to allow for injuries so that virtually equivalent players can step in.

And who's responsibility is it to pick and train the players for that squad...the manager. 

The worrying thing is that I don't think things will improve when we have all players back from injury....the rot is too set in and the manager is too incapable.

26 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

But it's not the injured players who are playing...it's the fit ones who are supposedly good enough to be part of a Championship squad.

The squad system is designed to allow for injuries so that virtually equivalent players can step in.

And who's responsibility is it to pick and train the players for that squad...the manager. 

The worrying thing is that I don't think things will improve when we have all players back from injury....the rot is too set in and the manager is too incapable.

I don’t think any squad system is designed for half the first team squad to be missing!  A manager needs at least 18 fit players at any time, and we haven’t had that all season, hence the bench being regularly half full of untried youngsters.

Having to play most of the season with such a reduced squad is bound to have had a colossal impact.  At a time when, because of the pandemic, we need more player rotation than ever the same players have had to turn our time and time again, twice a week, and inevitably they have just run out of steam.  Exactly the same has happened at Liverpool, and Klopp has talked very publicly of the hugely damaging effects of having to play with an injury-hit squad during the pandemic.  The fact that we can field any old team in no way means that the injuries don’t matter.  I have supported City for over 50 years and I have never known a season with so many injuries, or one in which injuries have had such a devastating effect.

We can only speculate on what the season would have been like with a fully fit squad, but I think it’s absurd to suggest it wouldn’t have been better.  

20 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

They are simply not good enough as a unit in midfield, they have individual talents, but won’t score many goals, and lack any physical presence. Plus, a lot of what we have are just not up to 2 games a week. Plus nobody to play on the left. 

12 hours ago, Riaz said:

You and others claiming the same are completely missing the point

Firstly I doubt the income from Club tv covers Mark Ashton’s  expense account , let alone his £500k and is loose pocket change when paying players £30k a week plus

Any financial impact is unlikely to even register

its the message it sends , not the £s

7 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

You and others claiming the same are completely missing the point

Firstly I doubt the income from Club tv covers Mark Ashton’s  expense account , let alone his £500k and is loose pocket change when paying players £30k a week plus

Any financial impact is unlikely to even register

its the message it sends , not the £s

Dont think it will make a difference.

If city start winning regularly, people won’t “boycott” for very long.

If city lose by a few goals tonight, as i think we will, Deano is a goner. Ashton however, is here for the long term anyway 

Archived