IGNORED

Team For Reading or Barnsley

Hampshire Red

Many people realise DH is picking teams knowing some players just have to come in and 'do a job' even though they are not fully fit or not match fit. Two of these should be our best, experienced midfield players. 

Would you rest some players on Tuesday in the hope we rest players for a more winnable 3points on Saturday? 

Having just discussed this on a WhatsApp forum of Dolman season-ticket holders, I see Barnsley have just gone 2-0 up at Brentford!! 

Strange league, strange results, well done Dean for getting so many points so far:time to get out of this disappointing run. What would others do with the number of injuries we've got to deal with? 

Sure Nogbad here goes but i could be talking rubbish now Barnsley have just won at Brentford/ Perhaps this is not the week to rest players afterall but the thread still provides food for thought so that if we are playing what we think is a winnable game just after a top team, do we rest players in a game we dont expect to win?;

Reading: 4-3-3  Bents        Hunt, Kalas, Taylor Moore, Mariappa            Palmer, Nagy, Pato         Adelakun/Pearson,  Bell, Semenyo

Barnsley: 3-5-2  Bents       Kalas,  Tylor Moore, Townler       Massengo, Vyner, Nagy,Lansbury, Semenyo       Fam, Wells

3 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Many people realise DH is picking teams knowing some players just have to come in and 'do a job' even though they are not fully fit or not match fit. Two of these should be our best, experienced midfield players. 

Would you rest some players on Tuesday in the hope we rest players for a more winnable 3points on Saturday? 

Having just discussed this on a WhatsApp forum of Dolman season-ticket holders, I see Barnsley have just gone 2-0 up at Brentford!! 

Strange league, strange results, well done Dean for getting so many points so far:time to get out of this disappointing run. What would others do with the number of injuries we've got to deal with? 

Don't give a toss.....play the cleaners and the tea lady for all I care.

2 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Or the dream- 

Fielding 

Little Ayling Flint Williams Bryan 

Pack Smith 

Freeman 

Wilbraham Agard

Still annoys me how quickly this team was picked apart following promotion. 

6 of those players are now playing for team's above where we currently are. 7 if you include Freeman as a Sheff United player (on loan at Forest). 

Clueless. 

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Diedhiou?

I’d rather have Wilbraham, at 41. ?

Funny you say that Dave. I live in Norwich and there was an article with Paul Lambert in the paper this week who described Wilbs as the best signing he ever made 

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/aaron-wilbraham-paul-lambert-norwich-city-7321918

The problem is that the game which seemed more winnable...is not: Barnsley played well against Chelsea and beat Brentford, so that match will probably be another tough test for us.

Anyway...I'd choose a back four, because Reading plays with three/four attacking players and a back three would be too exposed; then, assuming that our clearest weak point now is the LB position, I'd prefer a 4-4-1-1 to 4-3-3 (against Reading), giving to the LM the task to protect the LB (Massengo would be better for his speed/energy, Nagy better for his tactical ability?). In midfield, maybe it's time to recall Tyreeq and try to be more solid, pushing our more creative midfielders forward with a striker.

Bentley; Hunt, Vyner, Kalas, Moore; Semenyo, Bakinson, Nagy/Massengo, Massengo/Nagy; Paterson/Palmer; Wells.

Some of these choices are also related to resting/not risking/rotating some of the players: some of you think that injuries are ''excuses'' or ''a secondary factor'', but clearly they are not. I often disagree with Holden's choices (and obviously don't like our poor performances), but I don't forget that he's facing bigger problems compared to 90% of other Championship managers in this season.

Honestly I'm very pessimistic about the remaining February fixtures, but...who knows, maybe we'll get an unexpected win and some confidence back. :fingerscrossed:

3 hours ago, Banjo Red said:

Cant keep blaming injuries the football is woeful.

You can keep blaming injuries when so many first teamers are out and we're relying on youngsters that aren't yet up to Champ standard (but doing the best they can and learning) and others who are just back and not up to match fitness levels. So yes, you can blame the injuries as having an impact on the woeful quality of football.

12 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

The problem is that the game which seemed more winnable...is not: Barnsley played well against Chelsea and beat Brentford, so that match will probably be another tough test for us.

Anyway...I'd choose a back four, because Reading plays with three/four attacking players and a back three would be too exposed; then, assuming that our clearest weak point now is the LB position, I'd prefer a 4-4-1-1 to 4-3-3 (against Reading), giving to the LM the task to protect the LB (Massengo would be better for his speed/energy, Nagy better for his tactical ability?). In midfield, maybe it's time to recall Tyreeq and try to be more solid, pushing our more creative midfielders forward with a striker.

Bentley; Hunt, Vyner, Kalas, Moore; Semenyo, Bakinson, Nagy/Massengo, Massengo/Nagy; Paterson/Palmer; Wells.

Some of these choices are also related to resting/not risking/rotating some of the players: some of you think that injuries are ''excuses'' or ''a secondary factor'', but clearly they are not. I often disagree with Holden's choices (and obviously don't like our poor performances), but I don't forget that he's facing bigger problems compared to 90% of other Championship managers in this season.

Honestly I'm very pessimistic about the remaining February fixtures, but...who knows, maybe we'll get an unexpected win and some confidence back. :fingerscrossed:

My pessimism extends well beyond February, on current performances and statistics we my not win another game or even score again this season. 

7 minutes ago, MelksRed said:

Holden : let's try Bents up front and Fam in goal......the fans won't notice.....they haven't done all the coaching quals we have...

Former England Coaches: you may be onto something their Deano

Ashton: is football the one where you pick it up and run with it??

Lansdown in reply: It doesn’t matter how Bristol city are doing, Bristol bears are doing ok so the whole Bristol Sport umbrella is looking a success. Surely we can spin out some more bluff for the fans to start chewing on?... 

Archived