IGNORED

Team For Reading or Barnsley

Hampshire Red

28 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

You can keep blaming injuries when so many first teamers are out and we're relying on youngsters that aren't yet up to Champ standard (but doing the best they can and learning) and others who are just back and not up to match fitness levels. So yes, you can blame the injuries as having an impact on the woeful quality of football.

Behave the football is awful another deluded happy Clapper.

41 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

You can keep blaming injuries when so many first teamers are out and we're relying on youngsters that aren't yet up to Champ standard (but doing the best they can and learning) and others who are just back and not up to match fitness levels. So yes, you can blame the injuries as having an impact on the woeful quality of football.

We played three youngsters on Saturday and one of them has played nearly every game this season. One of the youngsters was hung out to dry by management (Towler). The other cost us £4 million or so and has quite a few minutes under his belt at this level. That is not relying on youngsters due to injuries. The performance was purely down to a poorly set up and motivated team..... plus using Towler at LB against a £40 million pound winger.

Doesn’t really matter, the midfield options are lacking. Not necessarily bad players, just inexperienced or wrong type, meaning little support for attack or cover for defence. The gap at left back likely to be exploited, and neither full back/ wing back gets much support from those in front. 
Not really sure what any manager could do, a weak squad of available players, lot of inexperience, and playing twice a week. 

Just now, Fordy62 said:

‘Definitely’ you say?

They were in the relegation zone over halfway through the season. Johnson came in and moved us up the table into perennial midtable.

'That team pisses all over anything LJ mustered' might be a popular soundbite but is also totally incorrect.

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

They were in the relegation zone over halfway through the season. Johnson came in and moved us up the table into perennial midtable.

'That team pisses all over anything LJ mustered' might be a popular soundbite but is also totally incorrect.

Ahhhh. Yes. Being in the relegation zone halfway through the season means definitely relegated. I’m with you. ? 

Johnson moved us up the table because Uncle Steve’s closed chequebook miraculously opened. Funnily enough it stayed open for LJ’s whole tenure. 

Cotts’ team had unity and spirit. LJ fluked that for 5 months in 4 and a half years. 

8 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Many people realise DH is picking teams knowing some players just have to come in and 'do a job' even though they are not fully fit or not match fit. Two of these should be our best, experienced midfield players. 

Would you rest some players on Tuesday in the hope we rest players for a more winnable 3points on Saturday? 

Having just discussed this on a WhatsApp forum of Dolman season-ticket holders, I see Barnsley have just gone 2-0 up at Brentford!! 

Strange league, strange results, well done Dean for getting so many points so far:time to get out of this disappointing run. What would others do with the number of injuries we've got to deal with? 

If I was Dean I'd make sure that whoever he picks can tackle, pass the ball to a team mate, defend and show some movement when we have possession, because we're not even doing the basics right. And that's not strange, it's bloody infuriating.

5 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I don't understand these type of comments as that team was definitely taking us back to League One

So is the current one.

But SC was sacked in December, the season ends in May. With a couple of signings in January - who knows......I think with even half the support given to LJ he would have kept us up. Remember Harry Redknapp got him in to coach Birmingham and he kept them up beating us on the last day 

SC was sacked because he refused to work with Ashton or his scouting system - don't forget Cotts was sacked on the Thursday at 5pm and Ashton was installed 36 hours later, hardly a coincidence.

Hindsight tells us he was right to want nothing to do with Ashton or his recruitment system.

25 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I can’t be bothered to pick a team.  I can’t second guess what players might be able to execute a system.

You’re right. It doesn’t matter. 

And I’m slightly concerned that I seem to recall from the previous meeting that Reading’s front line was quick and very talented. Oh joy. 

If i was manager i would be totally feed up with the players i had asked to give me 100%. So i would go with the players i still had some faith in, even if not 100% fit, and also try the youngsters. I still remember when we nearly went bust and put a team of mainly youngsters out against top of the table Fulham  and came away with a draw and the fans loved it.

Bentley

Pring, Mariappa, Taylor Moore, Sessegnon

Vyner, Nagy, Massengo, Patterson

Britton, Semenyo

Subs; O'Leary, Nurse, Watkins, Bell, Z Smith, Pearson,  O Edwards, Hunt, Lansbury.

If he puts out his usual suspects we all seem to think we will lose. If we put out my team most of you may feel we would lose. 

16 hours ago, Loco Rojo said:

The problem being, we're rubbish even when those players are fit

17 hours ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Still annoys me how quickly this team was picked apart following promotion. 

6 of those players are now playing for team's above where we currently are. 7 if you include Freeman as a Sheff United player (on loan at Forest). 

Clueless. 

How quickly?

Fielding - 96 Championship games over 4 seasons

Little - 51 Championship games over 2 seasons

Ayling - 34 Championship games over 2 seasons (just)

Flint - 129 Championship games over 3 seasons

Williams - 24 Championship games over 1 season

Bryan - 127 Championship games over 4 seasons (just)

Pack - 167 Championship games over 5 seasons (just)

Smith - 131 Championship games over 5 seasons (almost 2 years injured)

Freeman - 59 Championship games over 2 seasons

Wilbs - 74 Championship games over 2 seasons

Agard - 25 Championship games over 1 season

Thats 917 Championship appearances between them. Fielding we have replaced with Bentley who is immeasurably better. Little and Hunt, similar levels of performance for us, I'd say Hunt was the better all rounder though. Ayling we have to presume was sold because of the racecourse incident. He was never really a world beater for us, but that could be due to the way we played him. Flint, many on here were saying get rid and we got good value for money for him, not done great at Boro or Cardiff. Williams wasn't a 1st teamer for us every game, doing well at Blackburn. Only bonus to us now is he is left footed. Bryan, wanted to leave, got some money, went to the prem. Pack stayed for the longest, sideways passes, a lot blamed his play for how slow our build up was, Smith was injured for a lot of the time over the last two years, Freeman liked running at players, cutting back and then lost the ball, Wilbs is 41, Agard we replaced with Kodjia.

Out of all those players, I'd say we would take back Ayling (if we played him a right back), Bryan (because we need a left back) and smith (if he stayed fit).

I wouldn't call the club clueless when they did give the majority of these players a chance at this level.

12 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Ahhhh. Yes. Being in the relegation zone halfway through the season means definitely relegated. I’m with you. ? 

Johnson moved us up the table because Uncle Steve’s closed chequebook miraculously opened. Funnily enough it stayed open for LJ’s whole tenure. 

Cotts’ team had unity and spirit. LJ fluked that for 5 months in 4 and a half years. 

We are currently 13th and a lot of people are saying we're definitely getting relegated this season. Whats the difference?

Or does it only work to support your odd hatred for LJ?

6 minutes ago, grifty said:

We are currently 13th and a lot of people are saying we're definitely getting relegated this season. Whats the difference?

Or does it only work to support your odd hatred for LJ?

I’m not sure I’ve seen anyone say we’re definitely getting relegated, merely that we could end up in a relegation battle, which is a bit of a real threat. 

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

I’m not sure I’ve seen anyone say we’re definitely getting relegated, merely that we could end up in a relegation battle, which is a bit of a real threat. 

Two posts below you're one...

13 hours ago,  cidercity1987 said: 

I don't understand these type of comments as that team was definitely taking us back to League One

So is the current one."

(sorry don't know how to quote it properly)

Archived