IGNORED

Podcast with David Lloyd former stadium announcer

Shtanley

32 minutes ago, RedZepperin said:

Despite the result, great episode. Nice debut from David Lloyd. Sounds like a cross between Ben Elton and Arthur Askey.

I once had a review as a young actor that said  'David Lloyd sounded eerily like Eric Sykes but was nowhere near as funny.' Fair comment really.

@Shtanley @Dave L @petehinton

Good effort, but I feel you’ve let the club off of the hook.

I’m over the moon that the asset portfolio has been increased over the last 20 years, but ultimately we’re a football club and as such we are measured by our performance on the pitch. 

I’m sorry but our footballing performance over the last 20 years, under Steve’s direction and guidance, has been average at best.

You’ve hammered the players, had a pop at Holden and yet, I feel, let Lansdown and Ashton off of the hook.

2 hours ago, Dave L said:

I once had a review as a young actor that said  'David Lloyd sounded eerily like Eric Sykes but was nowhere near as funny.' Fair comment really.

More Derek Gyler???

I’m not convinced I’m actually old enough to even know who Derek Gyler is. ?

2 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I’m over the moon that the asset portfolio has been increased over the last 20 years, but ultimately we’re a football club and as such we are measured by our performance on the pitch. 

I’m sorry but our footballing performance over the last 20 years, under Steve’s direction and guidance, has been average at best.

You’ve hammered the players, had a pop at Holden and yet, I feel, let Lansdown and Ashton off of the hook.

It's the men at the top that make these decisions so its them that have to be accountable for the shambolic football on show and the shambolic recruitment...  Dean Holden and coaching staff John lansdown Steve lansdown Mark ashton everyone of those where part of the process in summer and I totally agree with you lansdown and Ashton shouldn't be let off the hook.

Premiership football we might as well keep dreaming if it's these people making decisions!

15 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I edited out a few parts as we ran over time wise. One was about MA. He gets pelters a fair amount on the pod imo

1 minute ago, Shtanley said:

I edited out a few parts as we ran over time wise. One was about MA. He gets pelters a fair amount on the pod imo

I still enjoyed it.

Ive enjoyed every pod since the first. Even the drunk in Sheffield special.

I just feel that that the issues at the club with regard to our achievements on the pitch (which is genuinely the most important thing by a country mile) are the fault of Steve Lansdown. If a business continually falls short of its goals, you cannot simply continue to blame the operatives. Our problems lay higher up. It’s great that Pula Sport have a wonderful stadium, with soon to be flats, conference centre, hotel and arena as well. But the last 20 years have fallen short of the mark on the pitch.

I though David Lloyd was good value.

One thing amused me on the Pod... Last week Stanley talked about something being a “mute point” which I presume is much like a ‘moot point’ but much more quiet?!!

Then Pete said the same this week!

Just one of those pointless things that entertains me.

13 minutes ago, mozo said:

One thing amused me on the Pod... Last week Stanley talked about something being a “mute point” which I presume is much like a ‘moot point’ but much more quiet?!!

Maybe I deliberately mis-spoke to see if Pete would copy my turn of phrase. Maybe I'm an idiot with a nursery level lexicon.

I'll leave it up to you to decide...

28 minutes ago, mozo said:

I had 2 cans which is enough to make me start dribbling in these times tbf

Archived