IGNORED

Holden Facing The Press This Afternoon

Silvio Dante

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

And I think it’s clear to say Ashton is looking more and more like Velma in Scooby Doo.  You know - the one where Fred and Daphne go off together, leaving her with Scooby and Shaggy, where she ultimately ends up scrambling on the floor looking for her glasses whilst a ghost (or Left Back) gets away.

Best. Analogy. Ever

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Good post RR.

Re your final para, I know myself there’s been a lot of focus on Diedhiou and whether he’s on the beach.  But is it a possibility that the likes of Hunt and Pato are also starting to think “what if I get injured now, there’s no contract offer on the table”?

Could MA’s gaff with Sky and subsequent interview with 20Man where he admitted he can offer Fam a fantastic deal, but not anyone else, whilst bringing in Lansbury, started to show the discontent on the pitch.  Don’t get me wrong performances have been bad, but commitment and desire has dropped off alarmingly in the last few?

If they are indeed downing tools then it speaks volumes.  It will make them far less attractive to potential clubs. It also validates the decision not to offer them new deals as they have questionable application.

As someone who watches Rugby and football it is odd the difference in attitude to contracts.  Rarely is a player bought out of his contract early.  Clubs hire players for the period of their contract and expect them to play all the way to the end.  It's a matter of honour for players to do so.  I can see football becoming more like this - the transfer fee really doesn't make a huge amount of sense we you think about it.

Football seems to treat it's players with the attitude of a weak parent dealing with a spoilt child.  'Poor Jamie he's not got another £10k a week contract sorted out, who could blame him for making 1 tackle in a game when playing CM.  It's the club's fault for not promising another massive wedge of cash.'

1 hour ago, soultrader said:

I cannot accept new role until I have backfilled my role.

Backfilled  =one of the finest management jargon twaddle  ever invented, up their with ring fence .

Always improved if you imagine you have just asked  Kenneth Wlliams whether his role had ever been backfilled.

image.jpeg.e52a79254f4721a496c46348a5279e49.jpeg

9 minutes ago, The Bard said:

If they are indeed downing tools then it speaks volumes.  It will make them far less attractive to potential clubs. It also validates the decision not to offer them new deals as they have questionable application.

As someone who watches Rugby and football it is odd the difference in attitude to contracts.  Rarely is a player bought out of his contract early.  Clubs hire players for the period of their contract and expect them to play all the way to the end.  It's a matter of honour for players to do so.  I can see football becoming more like this - the transfer fee really doesn't make a huge amount of sense we you think about it.

Football seems to treat it's players with the attitude of a weak parent dealing with a spoilt child.  'Poor Jamie he's not got another £10k a week contract sorted out, who could blame him for making 1 tackle in a game when playing CM.  It's the club's fault for not promising another massive wedge of cash.'

That’s my view too....but difficult to prove.

6 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Backfilled  =one of the finest management jargon twaddle  ever invented, up their with ring fence .

Always improved if you imagine you have just asked  Kenneth Wlliams whether his role had ever been backfilled.

image.jpeg.e52a79254f4721a496c46348a5279e49.jpeg

That was actually part of the interview process

?

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Good post RR.

Re your final para, I know myself there’s been a lot of focus on Diedhiou and whether he’s on the beach.  But is it a possibility that the likes of Hunt and Pato are also starting to think “what if I get injured now, there’s no contract offer on the table”?

Could MA’s gaff with Sky and subsequent interview with 20Man where he admitted he can offer Fam a fantastic deal, but not anyone else, whilst bringing in Lansbury, started to show the discontent on the pitch.  Don’t get me wrong performances have been bad, but commitment and desire has dropped off alarmingly in the last few?

At the minimum they're demoralised, at worst they've lost all interest in playing for Holden and want out - if he doesn't go.

If Deano is sacked and a replacement is found (after several weeks of interviewing and non-communication with the fans), the new incumbent won't be able to change much other than the selection. We can't buy players until the summer so he will have to work within the management setup and the current injury-stricken squad. Not a very attractive prospect for a 'proven' manager, but still attractive to someone without experience trying to cut it at management level...........

Just trying to set expectations around the candidate and what they might be able to achieve.........

1 hour ago, markcarter said:

If Dopey is back at Rovers, sadly that will be bad news for Holden because it will be clear that the two of them are on a very similar level with a stream of cliches and platitudes and nothing very intelligent to say, compared with Johnson, for example.  However much you may not have liked Johnson’s jargon and David Brent-ness, in comparison with Dopey, he was clearly articulate and intelligent and on a completely different level in relation to his analysis of the game.  It will confirm Holden as League Two with aspirations for League One.  Which is where it was obvious to most of us he was always going to be.

Not sure I follow this post but, in any case, Darrell Clarke now confirmed at Port Vale. The search for the next Bristol Rovers manager to be sacked presumably continues...

Why would you embargo a pre match press conference until 5? It can’t be an injury update (as the opposition would still have time to react), and the media team at BCFC have been very quiet today.

My hopes are up. Straw man - the U23 game has been called off (for bad weather, a day in advance?!?) as the U23 management are in caretaker charge....

Archived