IGNORED

Holden Facing The Press This Afternoon

Silvio Dante

22 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

On the other hand, Neil Thompson at Sheffield Wednesday- who I hear people ask- 5 wins in 7 League games, vs experienced Monk and Pulis with 4 in 21.

Not managed since 2004 and the highest he managed was League One in the late 1990s. One less win in 7 than an experienced and reasonably successful Karanka in 29/

No magic recipe...but unsure Holden is the man.

"Get someone in who commands respect and can do the fcking job."

38 minutes ago, Olé said:

It's painful to read as I'm not sure what else he can say in the circumstances and I do feel a bit sorry for him, but it really is meaningless emotional stuff. It might be easier to identify with if there was any evidence his sort of rallying call was having any effect on the players, but they've clearly been ignoring it for weeks so it all rings a bit hollow.

One thing struck me as a bit overplayed - not to have a go, but he says "Nothing has ever come easy for me in my life and I've worked so hard to become head coach of this football club." It's well documented he's a journeyman with a tragedy in his family back story, but as it relates to becoming head coach, how hard did he have to work? 

Should read.....I didn’t have to work hard to become head coach of this football club but I’m finding it bloody hard work now. In fact, I’m not really up to it but the boss insists I stay.

27 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

My money? Wells. Nagy maybe but I just don't get the impression he's a moaner. Wells though - some of his expressions when being subbed, general persona, yeh. I reckon he'd have a good moan about not being in the team or being played out of position.

I reckon he'd have a good moan just about being at Bristol city! 

Apparently SL asked to come on Radio Bristol this evening - fair play to him for that.

Nothing he said indicated that he'd have much sympathy for any of his critics on here. Gave the impression he knows what his critics say...doesn't agree with them. Isn't going to change things. Pity we can't all like the rugby a bit more...

Hey ho. 

11 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

"Get someone in who commands respect and can do the fcking job."

I bet many would have been less than impressed had we approached and appointed Neil Thompson last summer. I include myself in that!

Pulis and Karanka have promotions from this level. Monk has a more mixed record but no guarantees with any.

Back to us, Cook I think can meld sides into greater than sum of parts, his football is decent too and his contractual issues sound like they could have been resolved.

23 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Now asking about recruitment.

Talks positively about the hope for Williams.

Then Walsh.

People happy with the signings in the summer, but “it hasn’t worked out”.

“Recruitment is hood, it can improve”

A contradiction if ever I've heard one.

Shame we didn't make signings that people we're not happy with, but worked out incredibly.

22 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

SL speaking very highly of MA. Thinks he is a scape goat.

Admits MA will be looking at his own performance.

How very cosy and convenient.

I wish my boss would let me judge my own performance. I should be so lucky.

MA: I've looked at my own performance, and do you know what? I'm good, I'm really, really good. Where do I sign for the bonus and pay rise?

33 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Who’s on BBCRB....is it Richard Hoskin?  He’s doing a bloody good job here.

edit: Ed Hadwin

22 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

“Improvement on last year” hopes for this season.

Need to stay in this division.

Got to get 4 or 5 wins, then finish as high as possible.

Push ourselves back into top hakf.

13th, 12th last season, got to work harder, back on track.  

Sorry, got to have my tea. ???

Just about to talk finances.

So Dave, from what you’re saying, our season objective of top 6 has just been downgraded to either top half or survival, depending on which seems most plausible at the time...?

3 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Enjoy your tea Dave, you've earned it.

Prawn and Chorizo fish cakes, chips, homemade coleslaw, peppers....lovely.  We go again!

3 minutes ago, mozo said:

So Dave, from what you’re saying, our season objective of top 6 has just been downgraded to either top half or survival, depending on which seems most plausible at the time...?

Looks that way.

Just listened to the last bit....we lost £10m last season, we made a profit year before because of player sales.  We are gonna lose more, won’t have the luxury of that (player sales) this season.

Found it a bit of a weird interview.  He normally comes on to get his say in first.  Not sure it served much benefit really.  Probably a case of SL fronting up over MA or his son, who would get pelters had they gone on.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Prawn and Chorizo fish cakes, chips, homemade coleslaw, peppers....lovely.  We go again!

Looks that way.

Just listened to the last bit....we lost £10m last season, we made a profit year before because of player sales.  We are gonna lose more, won’t have the luxury of that (player sales) this season.

Found it a bit of a weird interview.  He normally comes on to get his say in first.  Not sure it served much benefit really.  Probably a case of SL fronting up over MA or his son, who would get pelters had they gone on.

Thanks for sharing mate.

So it was the official vote of confidence for Holden...

A couple of points from his interview.

He never reads these pages.

He has been reflexing bout himself and he is  a good leader.

We got to work hard and i have to lead from the front.

Same squad of players for the Reading game.

None of the injured players ready.

They don't know what is wrong with Joe Williams.

And that last comment sums it all up for me.

Tune in again tomorrow night and lets see what happens.

Just now, Roadrunner said:

Did he really say that about Williams?

2 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

**** me....they don't know what's wrong with Joe Williams?!  Then ask for a 2nd opinion and find out! :grr:

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Looks that way.

Wasn’t very ‘bullish’ was he 

None of his ‘I put the money in’ (Well one slip - a reminder he finances us)

Summary - Thought he came across as embarrassed

It was also pretty clear to me Holden is a dead man walking unless he turns results around almost immediately and even then I don’t think he will be here next season

Bad back pass moment

Our recruitment is good

Own Goal of the night -

We can take some consolation and enjoyment from The Bears

No offence to the Bears or Rugby fans , but I personally couldn’t give a flying **** about Bristol Bears and have no interest in them 

15 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Christ Dave, you're Master Chef in disguise.

Usual bread and dripping for me until City are definitely safe from relegation.

Mrs Fevs is good to me.

3 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Wasn’t very ‘bullish’ was he 

None of his ‘I put the money in’ (Well one slip - a reminder he finances us)

Summary - Thought he came across as embarrassed

It was also pretty clear to me Holden is a dead man walking unless he turns results around almost immediately and even then I don’t think he will be here next season

Bad back pass moment

Our recruitment is good

Own Goal of the night -

We can take some consolation and enjoyment from The Bears

No offence to the Bears or Rugby fans , but I personally couldn’t give a flying **** about Bristol Bears and have no interest in them 

My analogy.

Archived