IGNORED

Holden Facing The Press This Afternoon

Silvio Dante

11 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

A couple of points from his interview.

He never reads these pages.

He has been reflexing bout himself and he is  a good leader.

We got to work hard and i have to lead from the front.

Same squad of players for the Reading game.

None of the injured players ready.

They don't know what is wrong with Joe Williams.

And that last comment sums it all up for me.

Tune in again tomorrow night and lets see what happens.

Anybody who feels the need to tell the world what a good leader they are probably isn't one.

8 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

No offence to the Bears or Rugby fans , but I personally couldn’t give a flying **** about Bristol Bears and have no interest in them 

...you're not alone. At any previous point in City's history the suggestion that at times we were rubbish we might take consolation in the success of Bristol rugby would have been considered bizarre. 

16 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Wasn’t very ‘bullish’ was he 

None of his ‘I put the money in’ (Well one slip - a reminder he finances us)

Summary - Thought he came across as embarrassed

It was also pretty clear to me Holden is a dead man walking unless he turns results around almost immediately and even then I don’t think he will be here next season

Bad back pass moment

Our recruitment is good

Own Goal of the night -

We can take some consolation and enjoyment from The Bears

No offence to the Bears or Rugby fans , but I personally couldn’t give a flying **** about Bristol Bears and have no interest in them 

Lansdown said this?

Is he taking the piss or what? I despise Rugby and dont give a toss how well they do. 

21 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

A couple of points from his interview.

He never reads these pages.

He has been reflexing bout himself and he is  a good leader.

We got to work hard and i have to lead from the front.

Same squad of players for the Reading game.

None of the injured players ready.

They don't know what is wrong with Joe Williams.

And that last comment sums it all up for me.

Tune in again tomorrow night and lets see what happens.

Get the feeling reading will come out all guns blazing we will survive until about 15 minutes then go on to lose 3-0 we will have 1 shot on target and get our only corner 5 minutes from the end, every team will target the left side of our defence and I don't know how we can address this Taylor Moore very one paced and prone to make mistakes and Vyner seems to lack concentration and prone to make mistakes and Kalas must be thinking why did I leave Chelsea to play here, but these are the players we have and they can't stop us shipping goals if we let in 2 we will lose and if its 1 we might scrape an unlikely draw 

1 hour ago, Red Exile said:

'failing football manager gets a bit of abuse on a football forum he doesn't read'

Surely anyone taking the job knows that it goes with the territory?

As others have said, he's been lucky there are no fans at matches...but I feel for the bloke. Out of his depth and sinking fast.

That makes it okay then ?

4 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Lansdown said this?

Is he taking the piss or what? I despise Rugby and dont give a toss how well they do. 

Agreed. Couldn't give a flying duck about them.

You've gone on to talk about the football club, trying to deflect the attention away from your inept manager. Don't try and drop your Rugby club into it, especially when you've gone out and got one of the best coaches around for them, and given us the bargain basement option in the hope that it works - don't compare the two!!

1 hour ago, Sturny said:

DH and SL "Have had a heart to heart discussion and DH knows what needs to happen" 

Makes me wonder if he's been told he needs X amount of points from X amount of games or he's a goner 

Steve's told Dean the starting line up for the Reading game.

24 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Mrs Fevs is good to me.

My analogy.

Problem is that he’s gone in as nightwatchman after tea on the fourth day, when the wicket was breaking up on the first morning when we were 6 down for no runs before lunch but we’ve gone into the match with 6 seamers and no spinners in the team, hamstring injuries mean that bowlers are opening the batting and half the team need runners when batting. 

Having listened to DH full interview- first of all- fair play Gregor. You could almost hear the atmosphere, he was straight to the point and asked the difficult questions, not “what did you get your misses for Valentine’s Day”. 

DH is a man on the Edge, and I agree with @Olé that whilst his well documented personal tragedy is just that, bows not the time to point to that as “I’ve been through tough times in my career and life” 

(I’m not for 1 second downplaying what he and his family went through). 

and as @Davefevs alludes to, it’s all “I’m leader, that’s not good enough” there is no proof of him actually having a plan to change our results- in DH’s world, hard work will prevail. That’s fine, but if you’re constantly setting up a team that’s unbalanced and has 3-4 shots per match, 1-2 of those on target, you can be the hardest working team in the world, but you won’t win. 

DH says he won’t pull any punches and will be honest, but doesn’t like the reality of facts delivered to him. 

from listening to SL- fair play, he came out and fronted some pretty tough/direct questions. 

there wasn’t a vote of confidence, to me it sounded like he was accepting it’s not enjoyable to watch, and no where near good enough, and his 15 mins gave me more belief than DH. 

Lose tomorrow night and I think the change comes before Saturday. 

11 minutes ago, Taz said:

Agreed. Couldn't give a flying duck about them.

You've gone on to talk about the football club, trying to deflect the attention away from your inept manager. Don't try and drop your Rugby club into it, especially when you've gone out and got one of the best coaches around for them, and given us the bargain basement option in the hope that it works - don't compare the two!!

To be fair to SL the interviewer did ask him directly about the Bears and specifically about the contrast in experience between DH and Pat Lam, so he had to ralk about the rugby.

21 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Lansdown said this?

I am a rugby fan but does Steve imagine that if the Bears were struggling their fans would be consoled if City were top of the table?!

He really doesn't understand the mentality of sports fans at all.

48 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

We can take some consolation and enjoyment from The Bears

That is a complete ******* insult...very poor response/choice of words.

Throwing Bristol sport sunshine in our direction...

Good luck to the bears & their supporters but we're BCFC and this to me demonstrates Mr Lansdown has lost the plot...

Bloke needs to ******* get a grip.

Blimey Gregor, you didn’t hold back fella. It’s definitely worth a listen on City’s Twitter feed as GMcG tells Holden some appalling statistics of our season so far and Dean’s reply was “I don’t want you in our changing rooms tomorrow night, Gregor”.

I’ve never heard anybody go for a City gaffer like that. 

2 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Blimey Gregor, you didn’t hold back fella. It’s definitely worth a listen on City’s Twitter feed as GMcG tells Holden some appalling statistics of our season so far and Dean’s reply was “I don’t want you in our changing rooms tomorrow night, Gregor”.

Good. Truth hurts.

3 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Good on him, Gregor will get the silent treatment from the club now.

8 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

His tone was spot on- no “Hi Dean, how’s your weekend.....” straight in to it with facts and blunt straight questions. 

8 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

And the reply of a man who doesn't want to face the facts. Until you acknowledge a problem you can't solve it.

56 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

...you're not alone. At any previous point in City's history the suggestion that at times we were rubbish we might take consolation in the success of Bristol rugby would have been considered bizarre. 

I'm a Rugby fan too and that infuriated me just as much. It's bizarre how he can get one thing very right (the thing he believes he knows less about) but the other wrong. 

He clearly believes he is the reason why we did the double in 2015 too.  Borderline delusional 

Archived