IGNORED

Holden Facing The Press This Afternoon

Silvio Dante

2 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

SL also missed the point about appointing a coach with previous experience / success and turned into comparing Lam to Pep 

We aren’t expecting Pep Mr Lansdown , Just somebody competent , ( not another aporentice Head Coach project)  and one who has experience and a track record

Like Cotts And GJ did... ....just an idea Steve

Yeah, steve was a bit slippery when interviewer tried to clarify that no one was suggesting pep, but a good proven coach at championship level. Sidestepped it completely  

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

No, but I'm pretty sure the word envy came from SL. And enjoy the Bears' success, certainly did.

No it initially came from the interviewer as part of the question and he said he could understand the envy and went on to say Lamb was the equivilent of pep.

He finished by saying bears success is good for Bristol and we should enjoy it

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

And put in even more money than SL I think you will find

Yup i think he has. They have even better training facilities and arguably a better stadium than us too but more importantly for me he seems properly in touch with the Brighton fans. He seemingly makes much better footballing decisions than Lansdown ever has which is evident in how well Brighton have done over recent years, a damn site better than we have.

9 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

SL also missed the point about appointing a coach with previous experience / success and turned into comparing Lam to Pep 

We aren’t expecting Pep Mr Lansdown , Just somebody competent , ( not another aporentice Head Coach project)  and one who has experience and a track record

Like Cotts And GJ did... ....just an idea Steve

Out of interest, as I’m not into my rugby per se, did SL appoint Lam when they were in the second tier?  Or was it when they were practically relegated from top flight?

It doesn’t really matter, he saw what was needed to get promotion (the following season).

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Out of interest, as I’m not into my rugby per se, did SL appoint Lam when they were in the second tier?  Or was it when they were practically relegated from top flight?

It doesn’t really matter, he saw what was needed to get promotion (the following season).

You are asking the wrong man Dave !

? ( Tho I’m pretty sure in the 2nd Tier)

They had Andy Robinson who was a failure before I think , in so much he failed to get them up despite being a big fish in 2nd Tier

4 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

He's obviously decided on the 'get everybody to feel sorry for me and we'll start wining', tactic.

Interesting that my take was the opposite. If you listen to the whole thing (half an hour) there were repeated questions about how he was dealing with it, so he had to answer those, but he said he wasn’t feeling sorry for himself and he wouldn’t hide from it. 

Soundbites without context don’t paint a very accurate picture. Welcome to the media, 

3 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

He sounds like a guy owing money. It's coming next week, the next week , I'll get it, I will, look mate I won't let you down, please

What are you going to do to get the money Dean?

We’re going to work harder. 

That’s not really an answer is it Dean?

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

What are you going to do to get the money Dean?

We’re going to work harder. 

That’s not really an answer is it Dean?

If you’re on piece rate it could be!

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Prawn and Chorizo fish cakes, chips, homemade coleslaw, peppers....lovely.  We go again!

Looks that way.

Just listened to the last bit....we lost £10m last season, we made a profit year before because of player sales.  We are gonna lose more, won’t have the luxury of that (player sales) this season.

Found it a bit of a weird interview.  He normally comes on to get his say in first.  Not sure it served much benefit really.  Probably a case of SL fronting up over MA or his son, who would get pelters had they gone on.

disappointed Mr Fevs  no photos, line up did you play coleslaw on the left or the right did you park chips at the back and have fish cakes up front  as a pair or a 1,1?

1 minute ago, reddoh said:

disappointed Mr Fevs  no photos, line up did you play coleslaw on the left or the right did you park chips at the back and have fish cakes up front  as a pair or a 1,1?

Peppers exposed on the left of the plate. Star of the show fishcakes left isolated on the hob.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Appointed him when Bristol were on their way down. After the Andy Robinson absolute shambles. He finished his contract at Connaught then joined.

18 minutes ago, reddoh said:

To be fair, once they crossed the line from kitchen to plate, coleslaw was all over the place, not enough movement from fish cake whilst the peppers played a disjointed offside line.  Chips got through a lot work, which I was pleased about though.  Something to build on.

3 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Blimey Gregor, you didn’t hold back fella. It’s definitely worth a listen on City’s Twitter feed as GMcG tells Holden some appalling statistics of our season so far and Dean’s reply was “I don’t want you in our changing rooms tomorrow night, Gregor”.

That was a S.O.D. level rebuke. And he was gone that same month if I recall correctly.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

To be fair, once they crossed the line from kitchen to plate, coleslaw was all over the place, not enough movement from fish cake whilst the peppers played a disjointed offside line.  Chips got through a lot work, which I was pleased about though.  Something to build on.

are we going again ?.

Archived